Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Microsoft Legal, let's chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've said my piece as passionately as I know how. I understand that the industry has changed. But I don't think you have to allow those changes to slowly erode and diminish the usefulness of the forum. And eliminating a marketplace for sketchy domains is a diminishment of the forum, whether or not every approves of them. I don't much care for adult domains but eliminating that section would be a diminishment of the forum. A little creativity and adaptability could allow it to grow rather than shrink.

Domain Days 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM's work wonders if you want to sell TM/typo names... :)

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We can all recognize what a legal department can TAKE from a forum like this, but what does he intend to GIVE?

Nothing of course. That is the nature of the inhumans who work for non-humans.

A corporation does not feel or express gratitude. It only takes, and its agents only serve that imperative.

I work for individuals. I don't make as much as the snot-nosed punks that get their jollies pushing people around on behalf of something that is not even human, but every now and then a real person says "thanks" and means something by it.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Nothing of course. That is the nature of the inhumans who work for non-humans.

A corporation does not feel or express gratitude. It only takes, and its agents only serve that imperative.

I work for individuals. I don't make as much as the snot-nosed punks that get their jollies pushing people around on behalf of something that is not even human, but every now and then a real person says "thanks" and means something by it.

These thoughts about corporations seemed a bit harsh to me. My first reaction was probably on an emotional level - I've worked for corporations, and like most people, I'm proud of what I am and have been doing, and I like to think that I worked for very special corporations which besides creating a lot of economic value for society, also contribute in other ways.

Eg, I still look at hp as something special. Then again, thinking about this, yes - hp employs it's fair share of snot-nosed punks :)D) who "invent" 50 or so creative patents yearly (yes, they invent creative patents, not devices) - to keep others from selling printer ink for hp printers, so that hp ink can be sold more expensively than its weight in gold.

I guess the truth is somewhere in between - corporations take, and they give, sometimes. So do individuals.

I don't think corporations are inherently evil, but it's certainly an interesting issue to discuss.

That being said, there is little doubt that most here will value the above contribution(s) to this board by individuals much more than what MS legal has contributed here so far...

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought in his introductory post Microsoft Legal said he would post frequently? To date I have not seen another post by him.

I asked in his introductory post thread if he was here as an individual or as a representative of Microsoft, a question that never got answered!

To tell you the truth I really could not give two hoots whether he was here or not. I think his lack of replying to questions and even posting is nothing but bad publicity both for him and for Microsoft, although this will have little effect as most people think badly about the Microsoft Corporation anyway!

Just keep doing business is my advice, if he (or Microsoft) think that they can ride rough shod and intimidate then that is what they will do. So whatever side of the fence you sit Microsoft Legal's presence here has little or no effect.

Anybody want to buy a domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom