Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Moniker no more

• Thread starter Deleted member 4749
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I am trying to transfer a name out now, I can see nowhere in the new system I am allowed to unlock it.

Has anyone seen how to unlock a domain there?

-=DCG=-

rdmedia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
Anyway I still think his way of doing it is better then losing a 100K domain to a hijacking. And for that matter ICANN sould be put out of business anyway.

agreed, if you wanna buy and resell domains easily do not go with Moniker... just use them for those gems you wouldn't want to lose no matter what.

Moniker is the safest registrar IMO, but I still use Enom for reselling.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Well, I am trying to transfer a name out now, I can see nowhere in the new system I am allowed to unlock it.

Has anyone seen how to unlock a domain there?

-=DCG=-

select domain, and choose "transfer out"

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
select domain, and choose "transfer out"

Selecting a domain and then choosing transfer out ... automatically unlocks it? God, I hope not.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not even useing moniker for more then 2 names, so As said before, use them for names you don't want to loose, for all others I keep them at other sites.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that jumping thru hoops is a pain when you are in a hurry to transfer a domain
out of Moniker.

However, If had a bunch of domains worth $ 100,000 each, I would sleep more soundly
if I knew they were safely locked at Moniker.

I also agree that Moniker is not the best location if you are frequent buyer/seller of domains.

Monte responds to my emails quickly and usually within hours or less. He even responds
after being out all night dancing. :party: :-D

Plus, if it requires follow-up action by his firm, he will see that it is done.

As for sounding like a groupie. Monte has less than 1% of my domains. But, he treats
me like a major customer.

And, I think Monte does that with everyone.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I know about Monte, he is a classy individual and obviously provides a very important service...whether you agree with Moniker's ideas or not, you have to respect their security standards

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
consumers said:
You have to call Monte and argue with him to unlock the domain. I usually copy ICANN board members. After that Monte responds, unlocks the domain, and claims he never violated ICANN rules.

Of course, only ICANN can authoritatively say if Monte violated the rules or
not. But so far, they're not saying anything...

I agree, though, with what the others say: you can use moniker to keep your
important names, but not for buying and selling names if you're in a cat-darn
hurry.

consumers said:
I charged you a $60 fee for my adminstrative expenses for wasting my time reprocessing transfers away into my Tucows account. I e-mail you and you never paid. It has been about 2 years now. I guess you have so many of these complaints you have long forgotten me by now. I can assure you I have not forgotten.

I should point out that is a violation of ICANN rules to be required to "let you know" that domains are being transferred away. I suggest you review the registry transfer rules you are supposed to follow. Certainly I wouldn't keep domains with Moniker since they could be shut down for violating the registry rules.

I will send a Paypal payment request to [email protected].

Note that the transfer rules took effect only November last year. So the rules
prior to that is that confirmation was still needed from both the gaining and
the losing registrar.

If you're referring to the failed transfer from 2 years ago as you said, the
transfer rules obviously don't apply that time.

Or am I missing something?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
besides even with treads like this, I don't see the big guys leaving Moniker with their large number of names. That is also why they have a 160 MILLION DOLLAR portfolio in their management. Why not transfer that multi-million dollar portfolio to enom or godaddy? well Godaddy is the place where names like Mall.com were stolen, so why go there? I'm not saying that all my names are at Moniker, infact only 2 are there, but for even one that is worth keeping, it's worth being at moniker.

D

Deleted member 4749

What's with all this asskissing?
I don't care whether you stay or leave Moniker, if you want to sell me a domain, it must be out of Moniker.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Blink said:
I don't care whether you stay or leave Moniker, if you want to sell me a domain, it must be out of Moniker.

No wonder the ones you send lowball emails for are all at Enom :-D

rdmedia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blink said:

why if someone likes a company and posts this publicly it's immediately called asskissing? If you don't like them don't use them, if you don't wanna buy domains that are regged at Moniker than I guess it's tough luck for you when the one you want is indeed regged there.

Get over yourself man!

Reaction score
Folks - at the time of mr. "consumer's" issue, there was not an ICANN Policy stating the steps the gaining, losing, registrant, and registrar must go through to validate a request. This was 2 years ago, not since November. Also, his email was not from the email in his whois record so we did look at this as a preventitive measure to protect his name, just as we do for all names.

NO ONE has to contact me or send me an email. I also have yet to argue with any customer about this process other than Mr. "You Owe Me $60."

The new system eliminates this entire argument as there is a transfer out link right on your domain view. The same high security levels are in place, we just go about the verification another way.

Regarding Moniker and the change of ownership process - it is by far the most secure, safest, and easiest place to change ownership when you sell your domains. There is an internal secured push feature which changes ownership, documents the transaction inside your account for your records and allows change of ownership in minutes. If the new owner wants to transfer out, they just go to the transfer out section of the site.

Just email me should you have any questions or problems with this process - [email protected]

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MonikerMan said:
Folks - at the time of mr. "consumer's" issue, there was not an ICANN Policy stating the steps the gaining, losing, registrant, and registrar must go through to validate a request. This was 2 years ago, not since November. Also, his email was not from the email in his whois record so we did look at this as a preventitive measure to protect his name, just as we do for all names.

That's what I also thought after reading his post saying it happened over 2
years ago. So I didn't miss a thing, after all.

Reaction score
and we remain the only registrar of any size to not loose a domain to theft!

Sorry it did not make you happy to have one telephone conversation about this $60 man but we are better safe than to hear you bitch if you actually lost a domain.

Also, you never used us, the domain in question was acquired by Pool on your behalf and did not even have record assigned to is because YOU never followed the instructions to give it one. Not having a whois record is also a violation of policy so we were happy to help you finally get that in place so you could transfer away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom