Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My reputation on the line and mods are not responding...to the post below me...by GUA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The post is slanderous, full of lies, and more than anything reputation damaging as you can tell, mod Johnn closed the threads in question (another is the first that started the whole issue about a deal on ebay which is not dnf business).

My question is, legally, shouldn't the mods be on top of reputation damaging posts when no evidence exists to corroborate the charges??? And DELETE the posts, not simply close them???

Outraged,

ca11

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Here we go again.

GUA paid you for the domain, you haven't transferred it. The rest is fluff.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Understand the frustration of not going for more but you could have easily resolved that with a reserve.

You sold the name, he won it so you should push it.

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was going to send the name. The issue is his frustration for timing, get it right!!!!!! I dont care it sold for 100! I care he went on a mudslinging campaign to muscle me in to transfer within 3-4 days. Sorry but we all arent super fast in transactions, otherwise this site will be littered with these stuff...

I TOLD HIM I DONT CARE about the price... please read again before voicing senseless talking points discredited time and again

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, Ali if it's that simple, make the move. You've been paid, give him the domain, he then retracts the eBay rating and you're all set. Getting mad over it won't do you any good. Be proactive.

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here we go again.

GUA paid you for the domain, you haven't transferred it. The rest is fluff.

I refunded him the money out of principle of not being subject to threats. Why are you back into this? Are you really interested in helping me clear my "scammer" label slander when we know a scammer is one which doesnt deliver and takes the money. I refused to go on with the deal, but by no way did I scam. The money is safe and sound in his account.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I never called you a scammer so take it easy. I said that your delay was crucial in GUA bringing the issue outside of eBay and into DNF where you are a member.

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, Ali if it's that simple, make the move. You've been paid, give him the domain, he then retracts the eBay rating and you're all set. Getting mad over it won't do you any good. Be proactive.

How would you react in my case? You are in some sort of flight delay, and come back and someone threatens the hell out of you and lies about many things.... please, yourself in my shoes, and speak out of principle of taking a hit, rather than trying hard to ask nicely to solve it privately and not have my whois all over, and him refusing and wanting nothing but bullying.... I chose principle, I want nothing to do with the guy, in fact, I said time and again, the name is no longer for sale and is only going to be offered by consensus as to how I should give it out... you guys make up a plan for me to give out the domain to someone who would have it for free, but there are too many obstacles and too many applicants, any suggestions

I never called you a scammer so take it easy. I said that your delay was crucial in GUA bringing the issue outside of eBay and into DNF where you are a member.

BUT he called me a scammer. check the post the mods closed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think he started the topic before you refunded him. So frankly, I don't see anything in continuing the argument since both parties kept their items. On ebay though you're tagged in a different manner.

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/f26/domain-s...id-do-not-deal-thread-349038.html#post1642634

This was posted after the refund... maybe you confused it with the first tirade he went on

I think he started the topic before you refunded him. So frankly, I don't see anything in continuing the argument since both parties kept their items. On ebay though you're tagged in a different manner.

I simply do not agree that I should be having a post not deleted for posting up a reputation killing accusation

and a on false premises, I am not a scammer. Definition is widely known.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This controvelsial disgust me.
Move on.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the refund prior to the post.

The problem is that he is using the line that I tried to 'muscle him into a transfer' (which he should have been doing), when it is clearly obvious he is just using this as an excuse. He never had any intention of transferring the domain.

I previously tried to resolve this amicably by offering to apologize, and remove all my posts for you to provide the auth code, you didnt. Thus you are nothing more than a non transferring seller coming up with bad excuses.

I called you a scammer, because listing a domain with no reserve when you have no intention of transferring it is in my eyes a scam.
You had numerous opportunities, AND 4 days to do this properly, and you didnt.

Im just as pissed off as you that the mods wont ban you because it was an ebay transaction, not one on dnforum.

Count yourself lucky, and move on! I have!

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I don't know how many times do we need to explain to you so you understand:

1. The transaction took place on Ebay.
2. Regardless of where the transaction took place, we (Mods and the staff) do not get involved in personal transactions as clearly stated from the rules.
3. We run a business here and moderate the forums - not a day care center.

You two need to settle the matter in private (email, phone) and stop blaming the staff for not taking action.

Consider this is our last explanation. More posts or threads about this topic will be considered spamming and we will take appropriate actions on spamming violation.

Thank you all.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My take on this ,for what its worth, is that GUA was very very keen to get
the domain and got nervous as hell when it wasnt transferred in
10 seconds flat and went, stupidly ,on a slandering course rather than
sit tight and give the guy time to deal with it. Just because someone
doesnt complete a transaction in 5 seconds , or 5 days, does not make
that person a scammer and I thing GUA was wrong to do his posting
so early. If I was ca11 I would tell him to piss off ,as reaction to
GUA's actions.

DG

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question is, legally, shouldn't the mods be on top of reputation damaging posts when no evidence exists to corroborate the charges??? And DELETE the posts, not simply close them???
I seriously doubt if moderators are held liable for a one-on-one spat.

I would be more concerned about the legalities of breech of contract of either party - you or gua.

Worrying about what the mods do or don't do on a forum would be the least of my worries.

We run a business here and moderate the forums - not a day care center.
WOO HOO!!!

That should be the siggy of every mod and the admin.

CLASSIC!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is so confusing about selling a domain then transferring it? If you were not going to be able to complete the transaction in a timely manner you should have stated such in your sale, which I will assume you did not. In this business anything longer than 48 hours or so after payment is simply too long. There is no reason to sell something then make someone wait nearly a week. That being said "GUA" as he now goes by is a known hot-head and is definitely not my idea of a professional domainer considering what I have seen over the years here on DNF. Either way, I don't blame him for being pissed because regardless of the domain or price after 5 days you have to assume the worst, he did'nt wait 5 days to pay did he?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be frank, I think seven days is a reasonable period within which to expect a transfer. I don't get too bothered before then. It's only reasonable to allow a little slack -- people aren't always on their computers 24/7 and there may be other reasons; a list of which is beyond scope here :D

Actually, seven days is an accepted standard in the UK community that I'm involved with. I don't know of any spats here over anything that's not completed within that sort of time frame. Just my 2p.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In this business anything longer than 48 hours or so after payment is simply too long. There is no reason to sell something then make someone wait nearly a week.
I absolutely agree with this statement. It is not like something has to be wrapped, packed, and shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom