Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My reputation on the line and mods are not responding...to the post below me...by GUA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess it comes down to assurance and communication...I have had domains take a month to get transferred to me but the seller was honest, upfront, & proactive the entire time. I think in any business deal (like any good relationship) communication is key. You probably BOTH could have done alot better in this regard. Still, you should complete the deal that was made..send him the $100 back and seller give him the domain name. This will bring fair & just closure to the issue.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also agree that domains should be pushed within 48-72 hours. Especially if the person is online daily going about other sales and apparently have time to make posts or read emails.

Takes what 5 minutes to push a domain?

LOL but then again maybe im not the best person to post my opinion as I am still waiting for domains as well.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also agree that domains should be pushed within 48-72 hours. Especially if the person is online daily going about other sales and apparently have time to make posts or read emails.

Takes what 5 minutes to push a domain?

LOL but then again maybe im not the best person to post my opinion as I am still waiting for domains as well.
Agree. If they're obviously online then 48 hours maximum or I would be pissed as well. In fact, 24 hours in that case.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually think the mods are jumping to close this down. The thread was started by the guy who didn't follow through and makes for instructive reading both for people understanding the industry and its standards as well as--imho--a warning not to deal with this guy. He didn't scam anyone, but his drama + non-performance in a timely way would prevent future transactions for many of (but not all) us.

After five days, I would have gone apeshit myself, and the seller could have avoided all by timely communication. The post-haste drama is just incredible. Transfer the domain and your rep is restored. End of story. People do pay attention to how things are resolved, but you're just making it worse for yourself. Many of us vets are been there done that a thousand times and no one like a drama queen.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Communication is the key.

If there is going to be a delay, for whatever reason, letting the other party know is proper protocol.

All peeps that have had any dealings with domains know what is involved in a transfer. It makes it even that much more easy if the domain is merely a push from one account to the other.

Failure to communicate is why most deals go sour.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Communication is the key.

If there is going to be a delay, for whatever reason, letting the other party know is proper protocol.

All peeps that have had any dealings with domains know what is involved in a transfer. It makes it even that much more easy if the domain is merely a push from one account to the other.

Failure to communicate is why most deals go sour.

Exactly. It's just grade one stuff. Ironically the seller should be learning instead of screaming. Again, the mods should back off IMO because it's an instructive thread for many people. General ebay expectations are for shippable merch not for domain names. Communication is for ALL situations.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A little weed does'nt hurt either! Makes for much smoother dealings online & helps you to stop thinking about domain deals constantly! lol :smokin:

Take it from someone with 123 positive rated deals here on DNF (and dozens more never rated) http://www.dnforum.com/itrader.php?u=62703

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that in the past I have not epitomized integrity, and proffesionality (if that is the word). I also appreciate that perhaps I was too hasty to post about ca11.

I am still of the feeling however that if the deal is completed at the price on ebay, then all that has been gained here is valuable experience for all parties.

Hopefully people can appreciate where I have been coming from, and there are clearly parts of ca11's argument that are perfectly valid.

Lets learn from this, and move on.
Cheers

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From reading all of the threads and the sellers comments, looks to me that he's pulling the wool over the buyers eyes due to "sellers remorse."

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys to update on this, I have been communing with ca11 via PM, and have come to a resolution of sorts.

We are aware that many had a lot of fun with Focus' game whereby he gave away a LLL.net

ca11, wants to do right by the domain, and we have agreed that the domain would be best given (absolutely free) to a member of the community.
We feel that there is a lot of negativity surrounding the domain, and both ca11, and I, thus we intend to turn it into positivity.

Look out for a thread soon to serve as a joint apology.
Cheers

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys to update on this, I have been communing with ca11 via PM, and have come to a resolution of sorts.

We are aware that many had a lot of fun with Focus' game whereby he gave away a LLL.net

ca11, wants to do right by the domain, and we have agreed that the domain would be best given (absolutely free) to a member of the community.
We feel that there is a lot of negativity surrounding the domain, and both ca11, and I, thus we intend to turn it into positivity.

Cheers

Ok, sounds like a great idea dude(s) but you have to pay me a licensing fee to use my game as it's trademarked - so just paypal that $100 over to me at my regular email addy and it'll cover my sushi & wine today :becky: :lol:

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score

Cheers

Good idea :) Also I didn't participated in focus's thread. must have been fun

ca11

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, nice blasting away at me and GUA, now let's get back to civil discourse :p .

MODS, please, please, DELETE POSTS regarding sensitive whois and names, etc regarding this issue... its now solved and closing threads still does the damage.

And to the "seller remorse" guys, fellows, money isn't everything, come on, sure we are in an industry hurting like no other, but when I said once that I would give it away for free, I meant it, too bad you kept the talkingpoints.... now.... PEACE? :)

Go get your free domain.... please close and delete post....reputations are important, and like GUA has said, its all a matter of him wanting it in 24-48 hours, and I did not think not logging that fast would cause this....so we end up with a freebie, what else doyou want? :p Hope someone makes a good site off it....;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Turn 991.org into a Domainers Emergency Hotline :D

- Hello, 991? I have domain addiction and can't stop bidding on eBay
- Hang on son, operator Bob here. What is your email and eBay username?
- Please help....I just made a $500 bid on junkpatroll.info!
- We're here to help. Go to eBay.com and log off right now.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Turn 991.org into a Domainers Emergency Hotline :D

- Hello, 991? I have domain addiction and can't stop bidding on eBay
- Hang on son, operator Bob here. What is your email and eBay username?
- Please help....I just made a $500 bid on junkpatroll.info!
- We're here to help. Go to eBay.com and log off right now.
Moderately unhelpful at this stage of the proceedings Theo? Amusing but maybe a little post-event mockery? I think this thread should be allowed to die now. Don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom