Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MySpace Typos Being Sold Like Hotcakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, there were no MySpace.com typos for sale on DNF, within the last week there have been about 20.

Does anyone think this is more than just a coincidence?

Domain Days 2024

pkguy

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Is something wrong with these typos?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same thing. I was wondering maybe one saw the others sell for a high price and now they are dumping theirs. OR maybe they have received a C&D from Myspace :) Strange. Hopefully, someone can fill us in.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No nothing is wrong...they are a hot commodity and get alot of good traffic and seem to perform very well for ads like music and personals...it's not a paid membership site and there are simply too many of them for myspace to really do anything..it would not make financial sense for them to do so and they would most likely only get the domains that had the word "myspace" in them as many otherwise are used for legitimate sites..for instance http://www.nyspace.com which is a big typo of myspace really...also, recently high traffic myspace typos have sold for up to mid $xx,xxx range in drop auctions and everyone is scrambling to get them as their value goes up and the traffic keeps increasing with the sites growth...something like 100k people join myspace a day...it's growing and growing and soon the domains will be all settled in and accounted for in a big domainers portfolio raking in all the PPC money or using them to develop and launch new sites/forums...you can't put a price on that constant daily traffic really...priceless..all internet savy people mostly late teens to mid 30 something age group, bloggers, college students, people that are online alot, mostly USA traffic...do the math man! You can make alot of big things happen and launch new products/services with all the exposure from these baby's! :)

I have personally owned MANY top typos and never ever ever had an issue with TM or anything to that effect..nor has anyone else I know of..

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice info Mocus.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that alot of models of Internet advertising are going back to impression based ads/revenue (cpm) and straying away from PPC as the primary means of marketing...if you have myspace domains that can generate hundreds if not thousands of unique's per day (and thus, all unique IP adresses) then you can be sitting pretty as things start to evolve online and companies and advertisers want more views and not meaningless clicks...also you can offer real internet traffic for sale to companies and individual website owners who want exposure as a paid service say on a traffic rotater, and these said domains seem to always get very certain and steady traffic that had been going up monthly..day in, day out..365 days a year...for instance at domainhop.com they pay you $4 cpm no matter what..as in for 1000 uniques you make $4 no matter what straight up..clicks or no clicks..but if you make more from clicks, then you get paid the higher...if you have a myspace typo getting say just 500 uniques per day (which is a ton of traffic still) you are assured that it can make you at LEAST bare minimum $2 per day or around $750 per year..and that's assuming you get NO CLICKS...and in my experience these get around a 3%-5% CTR (sometimes much higher)on ads for stuff like personals sites and music downloads...ads for car insurance and poker have also shown promise...it's quite fun actually knowing you have hundreds or even thousands of people a day to "experiment" with and just keep on making money! :eek:k: Hope this helps...Remember..real traffic will ALWAYS be valuable...and myspace is a site where people logon daily or at least a few times a week..and maintain and update their presence/profile on the site and so thus you always have a fresh steady stream of hits...basically until myspace is gone, and I sincerely do not ever see that happening if you know that recently it was bought out by the owner of fox news networks!

Take this scenario for instance - You have a new site and new online game, you have no traffic or exposure...you can either (a) pay to be a top result in search engines and for seo/marketing to get your site out there and maybe get some hits and sign-ups & new players or (b) just point your trusty myspace domain at it and expose it to hundreds or even thousands of open eyes per day...of course most people wont be interested but some will..it's a simple mathematical fact in fact...the good ole' "numbers game" You can see in short that these domains can easily help you instantly and very quickly establish a strong online presence in a very short time for just about anything you want...then from there things can grow naturally..really, this traffic is a developers dream..

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus, while I understand your posts and agree with basically everything you said, it doesn't proove anything.

All you have to do is look at the posts on DNF, as soon as the New Year rolled around, nearly two dozen MySpace typos suddenly appeared for sale. Why weren't people selling these before?

I have a feeling MySpace decided to start sending out C&Ds once 2006 arrived. Obviously MySpace is making a profit and would be able to acquire more traffic (legitmately) by trying to regain some of their typos.

interlution

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself as an owner of one of these typos for sale, but I am not selling my MySpace typo for any TM or C&D reason. I have never been contacted by MySpace for any reason.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Mocus. Myspace is growing and growing everyday, meaning the typo traffic is also growing. I have a few myspace typos with rather low traffic, but hopefully the traffic will go up with more and more members at myspace ;-)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I said, I completely agree.

These domains are extremely valuable for all the reasons Mocus stated...but that doesn't change the fact that sales of these domains went from barely any to dozens per week.

Nice to hear from an owner however (interlution)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are'nt taking any of them away...unless your domain has the word "myspace" in it or you are doing something really dumb with it
I seriously really have no concerns whatsoever on these...nobody is having any problems with them at all, if you are please let us know

It was the sale of several other ones including my $5,500 sale of MyspaceHTML.com (over 500+ ovt w/e) last week that spurred alot of others to put theirs up for sale as well....and as always people need cash after the holidays..If I were you and had some cash for traffic names I would grab these while you still can! Soon they will all be bought up!

Chris

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
It was the sale of several other ones including my $5,500 sale of MyspaceHTML.com (over 500+ ovt w/e) last week that spurred alot of others to put theirs up for sale as well....and as always people need cash after the holidays..If I were you and had some cash for traffic names I would grab these while you still can! Soon they will all be bought up!

Chris

Mocus never fails to plug his own sales (hey, that rhymes!)

Don't take credit for starting this whole trend...I still believe there is more happening than what meets the eye...

But as I said, they are certainly great traffic domains - no question

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus never fails to plug his own sales (hey, that rhymes!)

yeah mon!

:)

ps- I have been selling and buying these typos for many months now...

Gt Web...btw you did a good thing here by asking publicly what was on everyones mind... Here's a cookie.. :eek:k:(/)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder.....

If you ad up all the typo traffic and figure out the percentage of legit traffic if you can than see how profitable it would be for them to try to take these names all at once. I only question if it is indeed worth it because the user will eventually realize the typo and correct it, no ?

The Pain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that myspace.com loves all these typos names and they appreciate the "boost" it gets them. I'm sure as someone said as long as you don't use "myspace" in the term it will be great and they will never have a problem, as it seems an expert on the situation has stated...

"there are simply too many of them for myspace to really do anything"
"it would not make financial sense for them to do so and they would most likely only get the domains that had the word "myspace" in them as many otherwise are used for legitimate sites"

"Take this scenario for instance - You have a new site and new online game, you have no traffic or exposure...you can either (a) pay to be a top result in search engines and for seo/marketing to get your site out there and maybe get some hits and sign-ups & new players or (b) just point your trusty myspace domain at it and expose it to hundreds or even thousands of open eyes per day...of course most people wont be interested but some will..it's a simple mathematical fact in fact"

"They are'nt taking any of them away...unless your domain has the word "myspace" in it or you are doing something really dumb with it I seriously really have no concerns"

So there you go folks, Trademark and Common law rights have been rewritten by an esteemed member of this forum. Quotes like the above are misguided, untrue and dangerous. At least be aware there IS legal risks in using typos of established websites, Follow at your own risk. IMHO

The Pain

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's under new ownership, so........ whatever happened in the past up to now doesn't really matter.

enough said :wink:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who/what are you talking about?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the post above your old one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom