Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Namedrive Acct Suspended???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do they care?...if i got traffic coming to theire sites...isnt that what they want??..

Tony, it may have been out if ignorance of the rules, but what you did was really bad. Not just a little bad. Don't want to pick on you as I believe you didn't understand the situation, but you should take it more serious instead of get mad at Ed.

Google doesn't want the world plastered with advertisements for parked domains (which are just more advertisements). Eventually it would cause dissatisfaction amongst the advertisers and the traffic. And the whole parking thing would probably go up in smoke eventually. Ed did what he should have done to protect himself and the rest of us who make a living from this industry. They can't spend time figuring out if someone purposely or accidentally violated the rules...because of course everyone will claim it was accidental. A lot of us have a lot invested in this and we can't afford to let new guys ruin it for us by not understanding the rules.

hardbyte

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also had trouble with Namedrive and is it correct you loose your google ranking when they are pointed at a parking company? Takes them off google when you park them? My domains where in the top 5 when they were linked to a website, now gone since being parked.

Wouldnt it be easier to have your own holding page stating the domain is for sale with contact form or details?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all its not illegal to link to your parked domains. Its just against the TOS of "Some" parking programs.

Fortunately not all parking programs are the same, some allow you to link to your domains, some even allow arbitrage from lower level PPC programs others dont.

If you want to maintain your domain rank and back links, then stick with a yahoo feed.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fortunately not all parking programs are the same, some allow you to link to your domains, some even allow arbitrage from lower level PPC programs others dont.

Huh? Really? I feel like I'm missing out. Pass me a pm and let me know which ones. ;)

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Huh? Really? I feel like I'm missing out. Pass me a pm and let me know which ones. ;)

I believe GoldKey allows it, and they use Yahoo feeds.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe GoldKey allows it, and they use Yahoo feeds.

Thanks, do they pay out well?

Is namedrive down for anyone else as well right now?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

He is right.. u guys pretend to be this "out of the box" parking co..but u have a strange way of conducting business.
It would be a wise business practice, to warn someone before you decide to kick them out.. for future reference..
Anyway, i dont know why i m getting involved.. u kicked me out many moons ago..and u actually did me a favor..thanks

Every parksite has these rules. PPC is a fragile marketplace and its bad business from the publishers who make it hard for the rest of us. Read the terms and policies, thats the warning.

Excuse me for being so harsh but i like my ppc business and dont want it jeaporadized by people who dont seem to realize that someone paid for that click your being paid for.

This isnt directed at you in particular ctc but your pounding on namedriver for no reason here. He answers to others and has to conduct business above board and honest. He has a hell of a lot more to lose than many of us.

Sorry to hear about your loss (anyone whos been banned). read the rules, it good reading even though they're usually very long.

i didnt know that u could not advertise parked domains.....i had put a few craigslist postings up....no idea it was illegal...and with no warning i get suspended.....and now i wanna move my names the hell out of there...i moved some so far but they still show up as "this domain has been blocked"....why is that???

Many parking companies use the exact same advertising source such as google, yahoo and others. Odds are your being blocked by google.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I prefer namedrive.com ...imo

hardbyte

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a reply from Sedo saying that you can advertise the domain for sale elsewhere if using the URL such as [http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4\?domain=hardbyte.net&tracked=&partner
id=&language=us] however if you accept an offer via Sedo you must complete the transaction.

Namedrive replied with the following:

Unfortunately, you would not be able to advertise the domain. Per our
agreement with Google, "traffic on domains parked with NameDrive can
originate from two sources only: type in (direct navigation) traffic and
existing search engine results / expired traffic. All other types of
traffic including bought traffic, traffic driven by PPC campaigns,
traffic directed from hyperlinks are not permitted." The only thing you
would be able to advertise is if you had a central page where you were
selling your domains, you could link to that sales page.

I dont use namedrive anymore and still await a reply from Sedo asking if you can use the <a href> tag using the link they stated but under the domain name. Hope this makes (ad)sense?

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And what does this mean below??? I cant even move to another parking co??

This domain has been blocked

Basically this is generated by Google.
In poor words Google blocks some domains and when you try to display the page its shows "The domain has been blocked".

Of course this will happen with ALL domain parking providers whose feed is by Google.

In that case it is suggested to switch to a Yahoo feed service

Take Care
Irongloves

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest parked if you want to be treated like a human being and not another number, my rep made me a custom template for one of my domains the other day no problem. And if there are any issues (within reason) they contact you like reasonable people and you fix it. Their payouts are VERY high compared to others and you simply cannot optimize a domain any better unless you went and built your own custom website and had a direct feed from Google or Yahoo. You can pick your own keyword, templates, colors, capitalize AND fully edit your page title and everything else under the sun. They have thousands of pictures to choose from and you can search them all for any domain. Hope this helps if you need a company using a Yahoo feed!

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mods....please close this thread.......acct is closed at Namedrive...no reason to keep this open....thnks.... ps-They dont know the meaning of "Customer Service"!

mods....please close this thread.......acct is closed at Namedrive...no reason to keep this open....thnks.... ps-They dont know the meaning of "Customer Service"!

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this thread should stay open, because I must say that the customer service at ND is very good, although my RevenueShare seems to have dropped lately they are always very friendly, ...if one parking company doesnt work for you try another... you gotta read the terms and you sold me a domain once for which the traffic dropped all of a sudden as soon as I got that, so my sympathy for you is very limited anyway..

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey...listen....enough already.....you PM'ed me a day after I regged a domain which had 30 hits the first day i got it telling me all about these TM issues...and that u are a TM pro...and that u have off-shore accts to deal with these TM issues...blah-blah-blah.....and YOU offered me the price!!...ask your buddies at ND to grab the stats for you.....

geez.....

hey...listen....enough already.....you PM'ed me a day after I regged a domain which had 30 hits the first day i got it telling me all about these TM issues...and that u are a TM pro...and that u have off-shore accts to deal with these TM issues...blah-blah-blah.....and YOU offered me the price!!...ask your buddies at ND to grab the stats for you.....

geez.....

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not talking about TM issues...not a problem with that..it just seems odd that a domain you claimed has traffic didnt have any and now you are getting in trouble for creating traffic at ND...so those stats are useless...IMO you cant be trusted...

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest parked if you want to be treated like a human being and not another number, my rep made me a custom template for one of my domains the other day no problem. And if there are any issues (within reason) they contact you like reasonable people and you fix it. Their payouts are VERY high compared to others and you simply cannot optimize a domain any better unless you went and built your own custom website and had a direct feed from Google or Yahoo. You can pick your own keyword, templates, colors, capitalize AND fully edit your page title and everything else under the sun. They have thousands of pictures to choose from and you can search them all for any domain. Hope this helps if you need a company using a Yahoo feed!

Your statement would be much more convincing if you didnt make 10% of all revenue generated by the people you convince to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom