Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive DDOS Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Tony, a distributed denial of service attack cannot be blocked easily unless there is some serious hardware firewalls in place, server clusters and a plan. That's the problems Microsoft has created; the majority of the attacking IP's are probably zombie computers running Windows.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but u figure all these big sites would have these measures in place to protect themselves....especially domain parking sites

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the longest I have seen a pretty big site down for. 7:35 pm Central Time and still dead...... Will you cover into Friday as well? As it seems it's heading that way.

centurion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it Ed, a blackmail attempt or disgruntled customer ? Guess you probably can't discuss it .

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As someone pointed out in the link, who voted on this???

Wowwee! I think most of us will have a difference of opinion on many of these service awards....

Best ICANN Reseller (*): eNom
Best Perfoming Parking Program: NameDrive, Sedo
Best Place to Talk: DNForum
Community of the Year: NamePros
Largest Net Gain: GoDaddy.com
Outstanding Drop Catcher: eNom, SnapNames
Outstanding Industry Coverage: DNJournal
Outstanding Secondary Market: Sedo, Afternic
User’s Choice Award: GoDaddy.com, Network Solutions, Tucows, Register.com, eNom, Melbourne IT, Dotster, Name.com (**)

Anyways...NameDrive is Still down at the time of this posting.

Damn ... started parking not even 48 hours with them ... not a good first impression.
Its just a thing. Happens (or attempts to happen) to all the giants in the industry...any and all internet industries.

but u figure all these big sites would have these measures in place to protect themselves....especially domain parking sites
I am trying to recall the exact figures, but it seems that there was an DDOS attack aimed at a site that was being flooded with 40,000 requests a minute. :upset:
------------------------------

But I like this comment on wikipedia. Mind you, this is the most serious of all DDOS attacks called a DNS Backbone DDoS and not related to NameDrive.

So, yes Tony, there is a plan in place for this critical attack referenced... :yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_Backbone_DDoS_Attacks

February 6, 2007

A second attack occurred on February 6, 2007. The attack began at 10:30 UTC, and lasted about five hours. Although none of the servers crashed, two of the root servers reportedly "suffered badly", while others saw "heavy traffic". The botnet responsible for the attack has reportedly been traced to South Korea. Probably some 10 year old kid thought he was playing World of Warcraft online.

On February 8, 2007 it was announced by Network World that "If the United States found itself under a major cyberattack aimed at undermining the nation’s critical information infrastructure, the Department of Defense is prepared, based on the authority of the president, to launch a cyber counterattack or an actual bombing of an attack source."
:eek:
-------------------------------------------------------

Dude, don't play with bots and hacks! Or HellFire will rain down on you! :flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On another note, it appears that ND owns NameDive.com which sounds appropriate at this point.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just an update here. I can't believe this still hasn't been resolved. This is a massively concerted, aggressive and malicious attack. We deal with a DDOS pretty much every day, but even our sophisticated defenses (of which we have built up a very large number over the last 24 months) are somewhat overwhelmed by this. We are working on a solution and hope to be up shortly.

I'll repeat for the nth time that your earnings won't be affected by this and you will be compensated fully once this is over.

I apologise again for other people's malevolence and hope we can get this sorted asap.

Ed

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, still down. Good luck!

handytraffic

Andrea Ralli
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they are not new to this kind of problems, let's see

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Down.........

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People still park at ND? :confused:

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is still ongoing due to the absolutely huge nature of the attack. We are continuing to fight it and will be up as soon as we humanly can.
Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Ed

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People still park at ND? :confused:
but why?

:) people of Name Intelligence voted them for "Best Perfoming Parking Program" of the year !!

(any better alternative for me? :shy: ...to diversify some...)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give Ed a break for crissakes. You think he's not doing his best to fix it? And he's been on here quite a few times (and other places) keeping people in the picture.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give Ed a break for crissakes. You think he's not doing his best to fix it? And he's been on here quite a few times (and other places) keeping people in the picture.

:amen:

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your patience and support, guys. It's not the nicest thing to be on the receiving end of.

You should see a few pages filtering through shortly as we are changing them all to mobi templates for now. These templates only have 1 request and so load very quickly compared to the other ones. This will really reduce the load on our servers and allows us to clean up quickly. This change will be hardcoded into the script and not changed in the database, so once this is over, your original template choices will be displayed.
I suppose it's all academic to you as your earnings will be compensated anyway, but I thought I'd just keep you in the loop.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom