Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive DDOS Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvest

WildVest
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it seems the attack is over for now - i can reach all my domains without any problem - from europe

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cant log in ...page not found

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm not going to get euphoric, but the parking is up and running fast. This was our first priority. The homepage will follow suit.

Thank you all so much for your patience and support. We will certainly reward you and make sure that you don't lose any earnings as a result of this.
I have a funny feeling that, once your compensation has been done, the last 26 hours may be the highest earning 26 hours of the week for you, if you know what I mean ;).
We don't want you to bear the brunt of this attack.

To give you an idea of what we have been up against since 15.00 GMT yesterday, in addition to the 600K domains we have parked on our system, our servers were being hit by XX,XXX false connections per second for over 24 hours. The attack is increasing as we speak and has been since it began.
We estimate that just to keep up this attack, it has cost the aggressor at least five figures and possibly six figures to initiate and sustain. This wasn't poor defenses on our part, it was the use of overwhelming force and financial resources on theirs. The mind boggles at who has the time or funds to invest in something so unnecessary.

I apologise again for the mess. Please bear with us while we get the homepage up and running today and the revenue correction done, which will take a couple of days to get right.

Ed

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We estimate that just to keep up this attack, it has cost the aggressor at least five figures and possibly six figures to initiate and sustain. This wasn't poor defenses on our part, it was the use of overwhelming force and financial resources on theirs.

How on earth do you figure that? lol

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take the average monthly earning - divide by 30 to get the daily average - then divide by 24 to get the hourly average and multiply the number by the number of hours the site was down.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take the average monthly earning - divide by 30 to get the daily average - then divide by 24 to get the hourly average and multiply the number by the number of hours the site was down.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, true for revenue..but reread my post..I quoted him saying the DDOS attack costs the culprits xx,xxx to xxx,xxx..I asked how they arrived at this conclusion...from what I understand it's the huge bot computer network that does the dirty work..

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Focus, your comments are always insightful and informative.
We have not revealed what exactly has been the cause of the problem nor how it is being coordinated and powered.
As I said "our" estimates from the attack that we are seeing put it at this figure, if you'd like to supply another one or another comment about our poor PPC, I'm sure the forum would appreciate both. I am just trying to keep you guys aware of what we are up against.

To those who are actually reading this thread for information, it is not quite a reason for euphoria yet, as there are still some issues with URL forwarded names, but things are certainly getting back to normal. We will continue to compensate until everything is properly running and back to normal, so no worries if things aren't 100% yet.

Ed

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed,

thank you so much for your updates .

wolfgang

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a day...

This isn't as much an update as a correction to my post about the HP being up very shortly.
You may have noticed that parking is working fine but that the homepage is still down. This is an inconvenience we are working to resolve. However, this may take some time, so please do not be too concerned if the homepage is not reachable for a while. We will get it up again when everything has blown over and we have repelled the attack.
Thank you again for your patience and I hope you have a great weekend.

Ed

Luke

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same I suppose ;)

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The connection has timed out

The server at www.namedrive.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Luke

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Note that parking is working fine only the homepage is still down

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the SE Wording for NameDrive.com on yahoo shows:

Hello NameDriver, We are currently undergoing routine maintenance. Please check back in a while

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Focus, your comments are always insightful and informative.

You are very welcome, good luck namedrivers... :eek:k:

warnerms

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well? Is it still down, or did it go down again?
The names I have parked there still not resolving.
Friday 2:45 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom