Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Namespro.ca Transfer... Say What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok so long story short, never needed to know wait times on transferring out or pushing within ownership of a .ca at namespro.ca.

Now it seems I know this, sadly. I registered a .ca not 2 weeks ago, sold it and mentioned an internal push of ownership should be available (I generally do .com internally after 7-14 days elsewhere). I then checked with support and got this reply.... so essentially a new reg at namespro is not going anywhere period, no push internal even for 65 days!

Is this true cannot find there tos on internal push of newer reg.

"
Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry. A newly registered domain can only be transferred out from Namespro.ca to another registrar or pushed to another Namespro.ca registrant 65 days after the registration.
We hope the above information is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions. We will be glad to answer them for you.
Sincerely,
Namespro.ca Team
Register with Confidence"

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has been like this for a while now Josh. It is not a NamesPro thing it is CIRA .....happened at the same time they made the change to using the EPP code for transfers a few years ago.

section 8.1.B.
b) Limitiations. Notwithstanding Section 8.1a), no changes to a Registrant for aDomain Name Registration may occur within 60 days following: (a) the Registration Date; a change of Registrant; or a change of Registrar, for that Domain Name Registration.

http://www.dnforum.com/threads/cant-change-contact-details-first-60-days-after-a-transfer.450802/

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That sucks, it doesn't make a huge amount of sense :(

Thanks for the reply bro, now I am rewriting a contract and hoping it flies...change dns and promise to transfer in 46 days lol,

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have done the same thing before Josh. Someone had to have the name so they paid me and I changed the name servers and pushed the name to them once the 60 days were up. But not everyone is comfortable with this.

I still don't know who sold CIRA on this 60 day concept but I have heard that it is being re-thought so maybe it will change.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, 60 days is long, too long. If I knew this prior I would have at least been able to include the wait time initially.

Oh well, all good things are worth the wait.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've encountered this before as well. What Namespro did for me is they pushed the domain into the other persons account and then updated the registrant info automatically once the 65 day period had passed

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is interesting....didn't know they would do that.

I've encountered this before as well. What Namespro did for me is they pushed the domain into the other persons account and then updated the registrant info automatically once the 65 day period had passed

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still don't know who sold CIRA on this 60 day concept but I have heard that it is being re-thought so maybe it will change.
It was the registrars back around 2003-4 who wanted it to cover their As*** over chargebacks on CC. If you registered or stole a domain and & or used a false CC the registrars could get charged back. I protested at the time (letter to the CIRA board) and got ignored. In my opinion it is not up to CIRA to cover the ordinary day to day business risk of registrars via regulations. I also pointed out it made our service of catching .ca domains for clients impossible as we would have to wait a full 60 days before collecting and transferring the domain. There was no work-around at the time.

After all the internet and CIRA's reason for being was to develop new services and uses for the internet and domains and they basically K.O'd us. That's why I shut down the Canadian drop service for .Ca's at the time.

I also pointed out to the CIRA board that my CC allowed chargebacks up to a year so 60 days was bullshit anyway. But the registrars won.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Really? So essentially the other account holder (buyer) had possession and control but simply waited until day 65 for the whois info to be updated. Interesting indeed, that'll work! Ill have to ask but thank you for the reply.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it would be in your clients account but registrant details would stay the same until automatically updated by their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom