Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NBA "Bobcats"domain names still for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/local_news/?ArID=32713&SecID=2

Updated: 6/11/2003 7:28 AM
By: John Agresti, News 14 Carolina

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- In less than 6 hours, Charlotte's newest professional sports team will receive its name.

The Associated Press is reporting that the new NBA team will be the Bobcats. But the two men who own the Web sites www.charlottebobcats.com and www.charlottebobcats.net said they have not struck a deal yet to sell the domain names.

Michael Saya registered www.charlottebobcats.com in January. He said the team made an offer to him, but they never came to an agreement.

Bob Bair said he was approached by Charlotte's NBA team about the domain name that he purchased, but no deal was ever reached.
“They called up and initially offered $1,000 and some tickets,” Saya said. “It was kind of exciting"

Bob Bair, a computer consultant, secured the domain name www.charlottebobcats.net in April as an investment.

"To me, it’s just like speculation on land,” Bair said. “I mean, you buy land and you’re either going to develop on it or you're going to sit on it and hope someone else is going to develop something on it."

Like Saya, Bair was offered $1,000 and tickets to future games. But no deal was made with him, either.

Bair said he has other plans if he does not sell it.

"I'd be more than happy to develop it as a fan Web site,” he said. But “if they're still interested, and if they can come up with something a little bit more substantial, then I'd be more than happy to sell it as well."

As for the other names in consideration, www.charlotteflight.com is registered to John Boone of Charlotte. He said the NBA team contacted him, too, but no deal was ever made.

The wild card in all this might be the Charlotte Dragons. On www.register.com, which shows where Web site names are registered, it says that Harold Tyler of Secaucus, N.J., owns www.charlottedragons.com. Tyler’s contact information has “NBA Basketball Association” on it. The NBA’s office in New York also confirmed that Tyler works for them. Coincidence? We will find out soon.

The official announcement will come Wednesday morning at the Square in uptown Charlotte. The announcement will be carried live on News 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bobcats argh....I was all for the Flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom