Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NBA's Chris Bosh uses Legal Action to get ChrisBosh.com and 800 other domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I once mistakely regged a domain product name , and did not know there was product out there, i was going to launch a company of my own.

But luckily i was contacted by the company in a week, after i reg the name, and without any hesitations, or any money, I told them, I will move the ownership to them :)

Its not good to be listed as "cybersquatter" or asking for my registration fee which is only 8 dollars lol

That was prior to start domaining, and thats how after tht incident, I got in to domaining, when I started researching about legal notice of domain ownership request change.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I now am starting registering Trademarks because they (a) "only" cost $250 or so each (b) give 5 years protection without any prior use .It remains to be seen how the business will go. I am of course using all the trademarked domains for the proper trademark use, dissemination adverts for other companies (PPC) .

DG

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell them what you told us, be honest. Say you didn't want to release it for a cybersquatter to get. See if you can arrange a trade to compensate you for the cost of maintaining the domain for several years... Maybe some season tix or a signed stick... ;)

I had a domain for a sports team and the parent organization sent me a C&D and asked I transfer the domain to them. I did (wasn't worth fighting - even though I had it pointed to a rival's site (same organization, though).

I asked them for two fan packs (one for the rival which I'm a fan of and one for my local team), they didn't even respond. :( A F-ING FAN PACK!!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I asked them for two fan packs (one for the rival which I'm a fan of and one for my local team), they didn't even respond. :( A F-ING FAN PACK!!

What a bunch of jerks... Can afford to go through with the C&D/WIPO process but can't afford s/h and two 99 cent posters for your troubles. :lol:

You should have seen that coming though.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of jerks... Can afford to go through with the C&D/WIPO process but can't afford s/h and two 99 cent posters for your troubles. :lol:

You should have seen that coming though.

No WIPO and I'm sure the person who wrote their C&D was on their normal payroll (FT employee) but still. Considering what this sport has been though over the past 20 years (and it is one of the top 4 professional sports in the USA) I shouldn't have been surprised.

And the fan packs were usually a letter, a couple of pictures, and maybe some other small (worthless other than nostalgia) items.

Last edited:

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KobeStopper.com - How in the **** is that trademarked?

Nobody in their right mind would recognize something as generic as that to be a trademark.

And am I the only one who thinks of Kobe, Japan at the mention of the word "Kobe"? :?:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind would recognize something as generic as that to be a trademark.

And am I the only one who thinks of Kobe, Japan at the mention of the word "Kobe"? :?:

Sure, if you stick up an anti-tourism page, but I doubt that's what the webmaster had in mind for that address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom