Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

need your advice on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First off I was not aware of this thread, or I would have responded much sooner. Mr. Deleted just brought it to my attention. Hopefully this can clear my name…

If you look at the stats from the domain name when Mr. Deleted owned it you will see that the traffic was picking up significantly. This pickup continued after I purchased the name, if you look at my stats provided by 1and1. There were NEVER any traffic/ads purchased for this domain name other than Mr. Deleted’s original purchase on The Million Dollar Homepage.

The majority of the traffic came from the MDH, followed by Google, and then Yahoo, and then many other miscellaneous pixel sites out there.

Bigroxtar’s claim that the traffic dropped by 1/10 is a significant drop from the stats that Mr. Deleted showed when he owned the name.

I would be more than happy to let someone look at my control panel, but I deleted the domain name from my CP to make room for my new project. So the stats are gone.

This is a very speculative business, and I think that a pixel name is one of the most speculative – look at the drop in the Million Dollar Homepage recently. I can not explain what has happened to the traffic, except for changes in the site, changes in Google rankings, traffic from MDH. This site is relying on so many factors that are completely out of my control.

This is a classic example of buyers remorse from a very inexperienced purchaser. WhoDatDog makes a great point; if the traffic doubled after the purchase would Bigroxtar be giving me more money? And would you all still be berating me?

I encourage you to talk to other people that have had dealings with me; I am very easy, and honest to deal with. I ask that the warning be removed and my name be cleared here once in for all.

Thank you all for listening.

J

spiderden

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All stats can be inflated, maybe a DnForum Research dept :) we will research your domain/site you wish to purchase and check the search results, backlinks, etc, and tell you what kind of a deal you are getting... 1 hour turn around $xx.xx , 8 hours, 24 hour... there is a new business for someone...

The thread grew so much because of the reply the buyer got from the seller.

If he would have stated, I'm sorry for your lost but as you know I cannot guarantee the etc...

One thing is for sure... the link is still on the MDHP and maybe the google update put a hurt on it. Also when I reseached the sites, MDHP has a lot of downtime.

Buyer listed keywords above, there are all page 2 and 3 results etc, the traffic may be off as it is not in the news as much. If you think about it in another way... how many of you have searched for the word "pixel" before it was on the news... everyday users do not know what a pixel is... and webmasters are past it and not searching for it anymore. It is not in the news anymore so the newbies are off searching what is...

bigroxtar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a classic example of buyers remorse from a very inexperienced purchaser.

Josh, throughout this entire thread I have done nothing but defend you and repeat that you were honest. You have to realize that it is certainly questionable to see stats drop like they did. But I never threw you personally under the bus. I had nothing but good conversations with you until the store email. And, yes, I certainly am regretting that I bought it, and no I wouldnt have paid you a bonus if the traffic had doubled, but I would have looked for more business with you asap...which I guess is a bonus for you.

Its too bad that things worked out like they did. I should have never trusted your sales pitch, but I did. Too bad for me. I lost money.

But again, this thread was designed to help figure out why the stats dropped. Not to berate you. I think that voices have been heard and helpful comments made about where I should take it from here. I hope that the traffic returns, or at least perhaps in the next two years I can make the money back I paid you for it.

If you have any suggestions about how I might improve the stats again, feel free to post them, otherwise stick to PMs for personal attacks. Thanks.

LET ME REPEAT: thejosh is a good person. i believe that he gave me honest figures. i think that he is a good person to buy and sell with, check my feedback for him on the sale. the intent of this thread was to figure out the stats drop.

bigroxtar

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bigrox... There were no personal attacks. You are the one that started the thread, which I received a warning for, and you also posted our exchange of emails.

I was nothing but honest to you, and this makes me look really bad to everyone.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There is a law of numbers that many domain buyers are either ignorant of, or just plain disregarding. These names are being sold at a few times monthly revenue for a reason. If you could "get your money back in two years" all of the time then you could be a billionaire.

If you can find investments that will earn you your money back in seven years then you can be like Warren Buffett....a multi-billionaire. That's 84 months revenue. Think about it. You have to have at least a basic understanding of the time-value of money before you invest in anything.

If you don't understand why it is impossible to profit long-term by buying revenue names at "Months" times revenue, then you need to go back to the basics and start from scratch (the revenue isn't there long-term). Microsoft earns 12 billion dollars per year. Maybe they will sell you the company for 12 billion dollars (12 months earnings)....all you have to do is wait one year and you will get your money back.....then you can have 12 billion in profits each year for the rest of your life.

That doesn't mean that you can't get good deals, but a more knowledgeable seller always trumps a less knowledgeable buyer.....this happens in every business transaction in the world.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will add to this that my MDHP traffic from a small 1 block ad has dropped significantly, from ~50 visitors a day just a few weeks ago to ~10 a day or so lately. That's an 80% drop at least.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog makes a great point; if the traffic doubled after the purchase would Bigroxtar be giving me more money? And would you all still be berating me?

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Bigroxstar has been more polite in this thread than I've ever seen anyone.

I have a feeling if you sent a polite response to his initial pm a lot more people would be on your side here.

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gmac17 said:
that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Bigroxstar has been more polite in this thread than I've ever seen anyone.

I have a feeling if you sent a polite response to his initial pm a lot more people would be on your side here.

I have been nothing but polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom