Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Negative iTrader Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The truth is, there is no explicit rule stating the number of days that a transaction must be completed by. That's food for thought for the mods.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again I ask, where is the rule that dictates the time frame in which YOU, the SELLER must reach out to the BUYER, who wants YOUR PRODUCT must comply with his ORDERS to PM him.

And here you prove, yet again, that you don't have the maturity to do business in a professional manner.

Funny how this and other forums have been around for years and thousands of sales have been done. Yet you show up and cry that you can't figure out how to complete a sale because of the 'rules'. Pathetic.

T

tekz999

Here is my rule on the situation:
There was no trade. No monetary value exchanged hands. No domain pushed. No follow-ups from either party.

Conclusion:
Negative feedback shall be removed. The best way to solve this is to put each other on ignore list. The even better way is to educate the newcomer the proper way to complete transactions, and make the community a better place. Give the newcomer a chance to learn. A warning from mods is enough instead of giving him death sentence.

Case closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is my rule on the situation:
There was no trade. No monetary value exchanged hands. No domain pushed. No follow-ups from either party.

Conclusion:
Negative feedback shall be removed. The best way to solve this is to put each other on ignore list. The even better way is to educate the newcomer the proper way to complete transactions, and make the community a better place. Give the newcomer a chance to learn. A warning from mods is enough instead of giving him death sentence.

Case closed.

I want to know who thinks it's OK to reneg on a sale -- which is what you're suggesting here. I won't do business with people who lack ethics like that.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your understanding, thanks Tekz999

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I came back to check the thread here, I saw that another member was interested in one of my domains, claiming it as "sold" for a mere $20.

Now, because I had other offers coming in from other sites, I did not contact this potential buyer...

I want to make it clear that this buyer never sent me a PM.

Can someone please explain to me where I did anything that would warrant a negative mark on my account? Is there an obligation on my part (other than for cordiality's sake) to let the potential buyer know that the domain has already been sold or that I am not interested in selling to him within a certain time frame?

Yes. It is your responsibility to mark domains as sold as they come in or to update the thread if a higher offer has been received. And in your case to update the thread when you go away for awhile and won't be around to answer threads/PMs, etc. It's not for "cordiality's sake", it is for the sake of professionalism, for the sake of the 'system' we have here to keep working and it avoids confusion.

IMO, you did deserve it but I don't see this as anything that can't be worked out. If you can work it out with the other party then maybe someone can remove that iTrader rating for you.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The truth is, there is no explicit rule stating the number of days that a transaction must be completed by. That's food for thought for the mods.

I am thinking on this, sometimes snags come up, my initial thought is that the transaction should be completed within 10 days, unless explained to the seller in the thread at time of purchase.
thoughts on that?

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am thinking on this, sometimes snags come up, my initial thought is that the transaction should be completed within 10 days, unless explained to the seller in the thread at time of purchase.
thoughts on that?

-=DCG=-
I think 10 days is way too generous.

I had one person purchase 10 domains in a sale and upon claiming them, he PM'd me and said he would pay when he got back from vacation - 2 weeks later! Being a previous customer, I consented.

The issue is this: it is getting to the point that each and every sale (or offer) needs to have so many stipulations in just posting the sale (or offer).

Payment due (timeframe)
Payment via (payor source)
Buyer pays (fees)
Push Only (or transfer)
Offer Good for (timeframe)

I have just gotten used to listing all of these as it just seems to come up pretty often.

The biggest issue is this: no body takes the time to read all of that crap to begin with!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue is this: no body takes the time to read all of that crap to begin with!

I think people read the fine print when they want the domain, I know I do.

The more details placed in the thread, the less confusion there can be later.

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-
I wholeheartedly agree.

The issue in this thread is names are posted elsewhere, other forums.

If I am not mistaken, there is a forum rule that stipulates that auctions can not be multi-forum.

Should DNF have exclusivity on sales? In other words, should the seller not list the sames names on other forums?

Or, perhaps the seller SHOULD LIST those other forums or venues where the same names are being sold.

I know all of this complicates the hell out of sales (for both buyer and seller) but there is just too much crap going on.

I recall a sale I had where the buyer was to pay within 24 hours. 5 and 6 days later, no payment, no response. After about 2 weeks, I left a negative. He leaves a negative on me calling me a "rush seller" (now removed).

I guess it boils down to the individual posting all stipulations as a buyer and a seller. It a shame it has to be that way.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a special form on top of the sale forums so we wouldn't have to remember so many rules. We could tick a box to alert of multiple forum listings and it would automatically put that notice into the thread for us. It would automatically figure out the closing date and automatically figure out the "pay by" date among other things. It would assist newcomers to learn how things are done at DNforum and probably assist the mods with prevention.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a special form on top of the sale forums so we wouldn't have to remember so many rules. We could tick a box to alert of multiple forum listings and it would automatically put that notice into the thread for us. It would automatically figure out the closing date and automatically figure out the "pay by" date among other things. It would assist newcomers to learn how things are done at DNforum and probably assist the mods with prevention.
Great idea. I suggest you get on this right away!

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What NameHoney says sounds a good solution. It would help to rise awareness amongst those who possibly haven't been selling online/domains as long, and it also provides less 'wiggle room' for excuses.

As for this particular case: sorry ludacwisp but there's a key part in your post which IMO mean that the negative is deserved:

I came back to check the thread here, [...'but'...] I did not contact this potential buyer,

The way to have avoided this mess in the first place was simple: to be clear and say "This is a multi-forum sale and so I'll sell to the first person who buys at the BIN/listed prices". (Or simply "Multi-forum sale" which is what most people do).

Failing that, since of course everyone starts off somewhere and thus not everyone's aware of this, you could have - when checking the thread and seeing linkdomain post - posted saying that you're sorry for not being cleared and that it's a multi-forum sale and someone else posted SOLD first. This still wouldn't be an ideal situation but these things happen and linkdomain might not have left negative feedback then.

But you did neither.

You didn't say that the domain was a multi-forum post, and then when you realised there was confusion, you CHOSE not to contact linkdomain to explain things.

As Acro rightly points out, communication is key. Hence it is a bit odd why you openly admit that you chose not to contact linkdomain, despite not being clear in the first place?

One post, one PM, and negative probably wouldn't have been given.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-

There are several bits of information I put in ALL of my sale threads, and this is one of them. I don't think it needs to be fix time rule, because I HAVE put in my thread, "I'm on a remote photography assignment this week, please allow at least 3 days for responses"). If I'm around the office, nothing should take more than 24 hours on EITHER side.

The same goes with "push only at eNom for this sale", "post SOLD", and everything else -- a good seller will state the rules up front, rather than rely on mental telepathy and temper tantrums details not specified.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm all for tr feedback to point out to the community thw wronguns, but i have to say my feelings on this are the thread is the offers section
nowhere does he say 'bin'
therefore i see it as a minimum offer price
he should have said multi forum, and if fixed prices should have been in correct section
thats why we have these sections. as he's a noob he may not know phraseology

in this case neg feedback was harsh, should be removed
but as he took so long to get back to buyer to let him know either way it may have looked to buyer like he was avoiding
but again was christmas and new year period it fell over almost exactly and most people aren't doing business then

lessons to be learned:

1/ better modding
2/ o/p (original poster) learns the rules before diving in
study threads in sales sections., learn the sections and the language
3/ ask buyer to remove trader rating and sell him domain for that price as gesture of goodwill. if aslready sold offer him a selection of well discounted domains and learn from experience

i will say the 'problem' members all seem to be following a set pattern. all new recently joined, all platinum members, many vociferous which makes me think they be previously banned members

suggestion, to Adam, encourage as many members to upgrade to exclusive for a discounted time, make a real drive, and they must be verified. it would restore trust, get more verified members, get more funds into dnf's pockets, produce more people to trade with
new members making this investment would be more inclined to walk before they could run and perform well thought out posts and transactions
i'm considering only dealing with exclusives

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in this case neg feedback was harsh, should be removed

What are you talking about? The feedback was factually accurate and contained no commentary, harsh or otherwise.

but as he took so long to get back to buyer to let him know either way it may have looked to buyer like he was avoiding

The seller intentionally went silent for a week - that's not "looked like he was avoid", that was fully renegging on the sale.
[/QUOTE]

but again was christmas and new year period it fell over almost exactly and most people aren't doing business then

Again - what are you talking about? The seller posted this sale on December 25. If someone doesn't want to do business during the holidays they don't POST A SALE THREAD on the holiday. It's that simple.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alright calm down Dale lol
i'm all for negative feedback for the right thing
all i'm saying is i'm taking an objective look at this

the sales thread is in the offers section. not fixed price section, that blows a hole in everything you're saying
there are no bins, no endtimes, they can be construed as minimum offers imho
therefore he doesn't have to get back to any pms if he doesn't want to all the time it's offers

he should have put more info as i said, re-read what i put

also when i say 'harsh' i'm not talking about commentary, im just saying neg feedback, in 'this' case
did the 'buyer' check when he was last online also ? during the break

as i have already stated, this member and new members need to read the rules, read sales threads, learn the system before posting sales and buying
maybe have a 50 post before they can list and buy perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators