Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Negative iTrader Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some others' feedback on a situation that arose with one of my domain sales on DNForum.

I posted a bunch of domains for sale over the holidays. Obviously I posted in various as there is no exclusivity rule that I am aware of here at DNForum.

When I came back to check the thread here, I saw that another member was interested in one of my domains, claiming it as "sold" for a mere $20.

Now, because I had other offers coming in from other sites, I did not contact this potential buyer, as he requests in my post.

Today I discovered he left a negative iTrader rating on my account. This leaves me with no positive feedback and 100% negative. Clearly this will have a very negative impact on any attempted future sales I try to make on DNForum.

I want to make it clear that this buyer never sent me a PM. Admins, you can verify this. Clearly this fellow is an avid participant of the community, but I feel as though he has done me terribly wrong.

Can someone please explain to me where I did anything that would warrant a negative mark on my account? Is there an obligation on my part (other than for cordiality's sake) to let the potential buyer know that the domain has already been sold or that I am not interested in selling to him within a certain time frame?

If so, could someone please enlighten me, and also possibly explain how I could go about getting this negative mark expunged from my record?

Thanks

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you mean you had offers? You listed domains for sale with prices. If someone posted sold you have to sell the domain.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct, the names were put on sale with a BIN. The first to post SOLD gets the name.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I posted these domains for sale on several sites that I frequent simultaneously. Sorry he did not get there first. This is why I asked about exlusivity rules. Can you point me to a link that explains the "if someone posted sold you have to sell the domain" rule of this site?

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you post in your thread this was listed somewhere else?

This is not a game where you can just back out anytime you want or make up excuses.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I posted these domains for sale on several sites that I frequent simultaneously. Sorry he did not get there first.
It's OK to post names with fixed prices in multiple venues. It's always best to specify it is a multi-forum sale then.
That's why it's important to post SOLD, because the timestamp prevails.

This is why I asked about exlusivity rules. Can you point me to a link that explains the "if someone posted sold you have to sell the domain" rule of this site?
Isn't it obvious ? We can't make rules or laws for everything that should fall within common sense.
Fixed prices aim at fast transactions and liquidity. There are other options available to you like 'make offer' or auctions with reserve if you want a chance to squeeze more.
I'm sure that even ebay is no less strict.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your explaination, katherine.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"because I had other offers coming in from other sites, I did not contact this potential buyer"

There is no excuse for THAT. You earned the negative iTrader by not communicating, especially when it was your fault to begin with.

If you can't manage your own sales, don't post them. It's that simple.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no excuse for THAT. You earned the negative iTrader by not communicating, especially when it was your fault to begin with.

If you can't manage your own sales, don't post them. It's that simple.

Do you report Pizza Hut to the BBB when they run out of stuffed crust pizza, but you're still seeing 9.99 commercials on your TV? I find this very hard to believe no one can even see the other side of the coin here. He has jeopardized my ability to do business on this site (a site I've paid for and violated NO DOCUMENTED RULES on) significantly. I hope maybe this saves the more rational crowd (that don't spend the entire day on this site alone - notice all replies were from DNF exlusive members) from making the same costly mistake.

I am shocked at the lack of sympathy by this community. This is not the only domaining site in existence. Sometimes people are not readily available and at their computers over the holidays. His actions were classless and completely unnecessary, period. Sorry you didn't get your domain buddy, but Its good to see you got friends. Maybe you can have them all pile on negative feedback on me for them witnessing me call you a whiney little jackass.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am shocked at the lack of sympathy by this community.
I'm shocked at the number of unresolved sales on this forum.

Seriously...shocked.

In another thread we're discussing the same issue with people not paying.

You are being caught up in the intolerance of this forum seeing a huge spike in unpaid sales or non-receipt of goods. People are simply getting fed up with how members are screwing over each other.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You backed out of a deal and were left negative feedback. This is exactly how the itrader process is suppose to go.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you report Pizza Hut to the BBB when they run out of stuffed crust pizza, but you're still seeing 9.99 commercials on your TV? I find this very hard to believe no one can even see the other side of the coin here. He has jeopardized my ability to do business on this site (a site I've paid for and violated NO DOCUMENTED RULES on) significantly. I hope maybe this saves the more rational crowd (that don't spend the entire day on this site alone - notice all replies were from DNF exlusive members) from making the same costly mistake.

I am shocked at the lack of sympathy by this community. This is not the only domaining site in existence. Sometimes people are not readily available and at their computers over the holidays. His actions were classless and completely unnecessary, period. Sorry you didn't get your domain buddy, but Its good to see you got friends. Maybe you can have them all pile on negative feedback on me for them witnessing me call you a whiney little jackass.

To make your analogy work, the Pizza employee would have to fail to return to your table AT ALL to tell you they were out of that pizza. In that case I would leave an not return.

You broke the rules, you acted unprofessionally to your buyer, and now you have acted unprofessionally in this thread.

Cry all you want, but YOU are the reason people don't want to do business with you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If this is the thread then it already has some issues: no domains in the title (I suspect that's why it was closed) and it's in the "Make offers" category but there are several domains with a price next to them. The member who left negative feedback posted "sold" for one of them, obviously assuming these were BIN prices. Did he leave a negative iTrader because you didn't communicate or because you refused to sell at the advertised price? If it's the former, arrange for a transaction and once completed ask Adam or the Admin to remove the negative feedback.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To make your analogy work, the Pizza employee would have to fail to return to your table AT ALL to tell you they were out of that pizza. In that case I would leave an not return.

You broke the rules, you acted unprofessionally to your buyer, and now you have acted unprofessionally in this thread.

Cry all you want, but YOU are the reason people don't want to do business with you.

Please read the post before you go off talking crazy too. The very bottom line is he filed negative feedback on me before I got a chance to PM him, as he requested in the thread. He never paid me, he never PM'd me. I didn't PM (please cite the rule explaining the timeframe you are obligated to reply back to someone who writes sold in a PM).

Also, drop the whole multi-forum argument, thats not even in play here. The domain is still in my possession. I don't want him to have it at this point, and I feel that as the seller thats my god damn right to withhold selling sites to pricks. You can't force someone into doing business with you. Bottom line, I didn't PM him fast enough for his liking, so he gave me negative feedback. You know there are instances where a person might actually forget to subscribe to their thread instantly via email and check it later.

Also, please refer me to what rules I've broken and don't just chime in uninformed.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If this is the thread then it already has some issues: no domains in the title (I suspect that's why it was closed) and it's in the "Make offers" category but there are several domains with a price next to them. The member who left negative feedback posted "sold" for one of them, obviously assuming these were BIN prices. Did he leave a negative iTrader because you didn't communicate or because you refused to sell at the advertised price? If it's the former, arrange for a transaction and once completed ask Adam or the Admin to remove the negative feedback.

I think the negative feedback was earned in either case. linkdomain politely asked (in that thread!) for a response 4 days after posting sold, and was still intentionally ignored. I don't want to do business with someone who thinks that's OK.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Acro, I had hoped someone of your respectability would not get dragged into this thread, and I apologize for my language but I was content with katherine's response until they gassed the fire.

Thank you for taking an objective stance in your response. But as you say, I should have denoted whether they were BIN or starting offers. (they could be translated as either, seeing as the forum is a make offers forum, as you pointed out).

Again, thank you for your objectivity.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The bottom line is, communication is the key. The buyer felt compelled to leave feedback since a week passed with no answer from you. On the other hand, you received no PM other than the post in that thread. However, refusing to complete the transaction at this point and thus having the iTrader reversed would mean that you are indifferent about competing a deal. It's a very simple choice.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please read the post before you go off talking crazy too. The very bottom line is he filed negative feedback on me before I got a chance to PM him, as he requested in the thread. He never paid me, he never PM'd me. I didn't PM (please cite the rule explaining the timeframe you are obligated to reply back to someone who writes sold in a PM).

Also, drop the whole multi-forum argument, thats not even in play here. The domain is still in my possession. I don't want him to have it at this point, and I feel that as the seller thats my god damn right to withhold selling sites to pricks. You can't force someone into doing business with you. Bottom line, I didn't PM him fast enough for his liking, so he gave me negative feedback. You know there are instances where a person might actually forget to subscribe to their thread instantly via email and check it later.

Also, please refer me to what rules I've broken and don't just chime in uninformed.

Now you're flat-out lying to cover your ass. He posted "sold" 12/25/10. He posted negative feedback 01-03-2011. And you can't "forget to subscribe to the thread" because it's automatic here.

Your "my mommy didn't wake me up for school" type excuses are just stupid getting old. It's YOUR job to manage your sales threads.

"I feel that as the seller thats my god damn right to withhold selling sites to pricks."
Fine. Then you aren't mature enough for a business forum. Say bye-bye now.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is, communication is the key. The buyer felt compelled to leave feedback since a week passed with no answer from you. On the other hand, you received no PM other than the post in that thread. However, refusing to complete the transaction at this point and thus having the iTrader reversed would mean that you are indifferent about competing a deal. It's a very simple choice.

You're right, stupid statement about refusing to sell to him at this point.

If I could fix everything (namely the negative feedback) by selling to him now for the price he wanted it at, I will be send him his PM.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Now you're flat-out lying to cover your ass. He posted "sold" 12/25/10. He posted negative feedback 01-03-2011. And you can't "forget to subscribe to the thread" because it's automatic here.

Your "my mommy didn't wake me up for school" type excuses are just stupid getting old. It's YOUR job to manage your sales threads.

"I feel that as the seller thats my god damn right to withhold selling sites to pricks."
Fine. Then you aren't mature enough for a business forum. Say bye-bye now.

Again I ask, where is the rule that dictates the time frame in which YOU, the SELLER must reach out to the BUYER, who wants YOUR PRODUCT must comply with his ORDERS to PM him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators