Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Nelson Brady on SnapNames Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRIYE

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Don’t expect an explanation from Nelson Brady any time soon.
When I cover a major domain industry event, I like to get both sides of the story. So when the news about the SnapNames insider bidding scandal broke, one of my first calls was to the man allegedly at the center of the controversy, former Snapnames VP Nelson Brady.
Instead of writing about the conversation then, I wanted to wait until I had a chance to have a more in-depth discussion with Brady or his attorney. I talked to Brady’s attorney last week, and he indicated that neither he nor his client will discuss the matter at this time.
In my brief conversation with Brady the day after the news broke, he indicated two things. First, he wouldn’t implicate others in the alleged scheme. Second, he said there’s more to the story.
What “more to the story” means isn’t something I’m willing to speculate about.
I’m personally trying to look forward more than backward, and would like to focus on what the industry can do to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. Alas, going forward will probably require understanding what happened in the past.

Source:
http://domainnamewire.com/2009/11/16/nelson-brady-on-snapnames-scandal/

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, he wouldn’t implicate others in the alleged scheme. Second, he said there’s more to the story.
does that mean there were no others involved? or is he not giving the names of the others involved?
and
is he going to tell more about this story?

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he isn't saying or going to rollover...he is getting paid to take the fall... nobody can seriously believe this guy acted alone.
no charges
no comment
no problems

just keep the money coming....his lips are sealed... LOL

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are NOT the comments someone would make if things happened the way Snapnames is saying.

These ARE the comments someone would make if they were covering for other people or events.

Still want to sign that agreement saying you'll never hold Snapnames liable for anything ever in the future??

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with the fact that if there wasn't any more to the story, there wouldn't be those answers, plus is makes the least sense that he did this entirely of his own volition (and even if he did, he was an exec there and it was mostly for their gain anyways).

I really hope Snap gets pwned for this. Especially with all that Oversee has had to deal with lately, not that I like Oversee that much or anything, but I honestly hope they pwn the heck out of Snap for this. Obviously the people that overpaid on auctions because of this have what's coming to them if they go with class action, but wouldn't Oversee as well given they basically bought a company inflated by these wrongful actions?

Bottom line - it needs to more than sting...it needs to HURT. The last thing we want is for Snap to get off easy and the message from our industry be "well we didn't like it but it wasn't bad enough to punish them further". It's the epitome of the most major problem in this industry - corruption within the most major domain companies. Every other "investment" industry has it to deal with as well but it's so blatant in the domain industry that we're still not taken seriously as an industry by most of mainstream. Big sales make the news in a tiny way, every now and then one of the hugely successful people makes the news also in a tiny way, but we never make a lasting impression on the mainstream except from stories like this. As such we're still a 2nd-rate industry and most people will still be registering crap domains from GoDaddy because of TnA in Super Bowl ads and not knowing any better.

Last edited:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's likely no longer in the country.

If he's allowed to keep the "winnings" from his scam (and that appears to be the plan), he could buy a mansion anywhere outside the US and do just fine.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't be so sure, No one can outrun the LAW!

There are no charges filed against him, so it's not against the law for him to leave.

That's why it's so shameful (and telling) that Oversee and Snap are refusing to file criminal charges.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are no charges filed against him, so it's not against the law for him to leave.

That's why it's so shameful (and telling) that Oversee and Snap are refusing to file criminal charges.

Well if their not going to act on it, cause their involved as well. Can we file a an arrest warrant? We are the customers who have been scammed! Their has to be someway to have the Police/FBI file charges?!!!!

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He'll write a book in 15-20 years.

:lol:

The public barely knows what a domain is, and nobody cares about a dork named Nelson Brady.

Private parties do not file criminal charges. Only the government can file criminal charges.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, any one or all of us can file charges against SnapNames. Then it is up to the authorities to investigate and make criminal charges/warrants/subpoenas/arrests as they see fit.

International/Interstate Wire Fraud IS a big deal, for starters.

I see a whole lot of *****ing going on but let's have a show of hands of those that have actually complained about this to any governmental agency... police, State AG, FBI, etc.

Anyone?

People, WAKE UP! If you want the truth to come out, it isn't going to happen without some serious pressure, and that ain't gonna come from inside OverSnap...

No, I have not filed myself because I did not bid in any auctions Halvarez was in, so I can't say I'm injured... but there are plenty of you that can -and should - contact the authorities.

And, no the class action attempt by the Florida guy will not likely get far anyway - even if it does it will take forever and a week... so don't go thinking they will "out" anything any time soon either.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to clarify my story as my words were interpreted differently that how I intended. I did not have a pen and paper handy when I talked to Nelson, so I didn't write an exact quote. I asked him if other people were involved in the alleged activities and he said 'no'.

That was pretty clear. What more there is to the story I don't know. Both Nelson and his lawyer are (smartly) not commenting at this time.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually the best place to start may be a tip to the IRS.

If he did not report his domain winnings, parking income, and income from sales (especially to iReit), that alone may be enough to get him into prison and prevent him from fleeing the US and hiding from further prosecution.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:lol:

The public barely knows what a domain is, and nobody cares about a dork named Nelson Brady.

You'll never know - so many people have written books about obscure subjects. The book could be how he scammed thousands of people and over-inflated the values in an entire industry.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Don’t expect an explanation from Nelson Brady any time soon.
When I cover a major domain industry event, I like to get both sides of the story. So when the news about the SnapNames insider bidding scandal broke, one of my first calls was to the man allegedly at the center of the controversy, former Snapnames VP Nelson Brady.
Instead of writing about the conversation then, I wanted to wait until I had a chance to have a more in-depth discussion with Brady or his attorney. I talked to Brady’s attorney last week, and he indicated that neither he nor his client will discuss the matter at this time.
In my brief conversation with Brady the day after the news broke, he indicated two things. First, he wouldn’t implicate others in the alleged scheme. Second, he said there’s more to the story.
What “more to the story” means isn’t something I’m willing to speculate about.
I’m personally trying to look forward more than backward, and would like to focus on what the industry can do to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. Alas, going forward will probably require understanding what happened in the past.

Source:
http://domainnamewire.com/2009/11/16/nelson-brady-on-snapnames-scandal/

Dunno but maybe you should ask godaddy that question ? but i forgot they openly admit employees are allowed to bid on the auctions as where snapnames did not which imho is the right policy to have especially as what has come to light,maybe godaddy should think about looking at their own policy again,can Adam comment on this as even being the vice president of godaddy and his opinion ?

Last edited:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, any one or all of us can file charges against SnapNames. Then it is up to the authorities to investigate and make criminal charges/warrants/subpoenas/arrests as they see fit.

International/Interstate Wire Fraud IS a big deal, for starters.

I see a whole lot of *****ing going on but let's have a show of hands of those that have actually complained about this to any governmental agency... police, State AG, FBI, etc.

Anyone?

People, WAKE UP! If you want the truth to come out, it isn't going to happen without some serious pressure, and that ain't gonna come from inside OverSnap...

No, I have not filed myself because I did not bid in any auctions Halvarez was in, so I can't say I'm injured... but there are plenty of you that can -and should - contact the authorities.

And, no the class action attempt by the Florida guy will not likely get far anyway - even if it does it will take forever and a week... so don't go thinking they will "out" anything any time soon either.

I for one have moved forward with getting the law enforcement involved. I'm disgusted by the scam/fraud and will not accept a bunch of THIEVES as executives to let their VP walk away. EVERYONE must be hold accountable. This scam did not operate for 1 week, it operated for years and millions of dollars have been raised by shill bidding. If any country in this world can press charges is USA and CANADA. I also like our friends in Britain to also contact their federal police to investigate this matter.

Rest assured my dear friends, no one can outrun the LAW. They may be free for now, but their days, hours, seconds are counting down!

Your complaint has been confirmed and is currently being sent to the agencies you selected. Complaint ID:XXXXX

American and Canadian Agencies are now notified. I ask all from all countries who have lost $1+ from shill bidding to contact their Federal Police Agencies. The more agencies from around the globe recieve a complaint, the more files and information will be exchanged by the world police agencies! Together as a community we will stand strong and set the rules and laws of our industry. Failure is not an option!

Below is information that will help you answer questions quickly with your complaint. I ask the Moderators and Admins of DNF to allow this one time policy for us to paste another forums web address to help with questions and answers that the Police will receive. They will need all 3 links that I will paste below to help them investigate this matter. I appreciate it very much if you agree. Cheers

Name HOWARD N BRADY
Date of Birth 1956
Address 13311 RIVERCREST DR, VANCOUVER, WA 98683
Phone Number 360-254-5211

Howard Nelson Brady (Snapnames)
Oversee.net, VP Operations
13311 SE Rivercrest Drive
Vancouver, WA 96683

http://www.dnforum.com/f17/nelson-brady-snapnames-scandal-thread-396077.html

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/important-message-snapnames-thread-197282.html

http://www.namepros.com/621078-halvarez-at-snapnames-auctions-uncovered-28.html#post3655033

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators