Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Admin on Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Originally posted by Mr Webname
All personalities are different and are different on different days and under different circumstances.

So true, grr

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when we have been on the end of an action that we personally disagree with, we may also become clouded as to a perceived understanding of the personality of the other person.
Or to take that further, sometimes if we feel witness to injustice personal or otherwise, we may form biases against people that have little to do with the what may truly be going on in the mind of the offender. I think its human nature for us all to be small or petty from time to time (often times I find myself enjoying it, though most when the other is "in" on the joke.) We're all the sum of our experiences, and some experiences may be less about right and wrong, good and evil, than about a stark difference in perspective that erroneously gets confused with absolute truth.

~ Nexus

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus
some experiences may be less about right and wrong, good and evil, than about a stark difference in perspective that erroneously gets confused with absolute truth.

~ Nexus

Or that it is much easier to misunderstand from a keyboard than from a face to face meeting. :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or that it is much easier to misunderstand from a keyboard than from a face to face meeting. :)
Precisely true! The concept of "polite sarcasm" has a statistically higher rate of failure when trasmitted over a TCP connection. Generally ends up translating as "malicious intent". Keyboard "signal-dropping" can be worse than a game of telephone, I think.

~ Nexus

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

All the more reason then, to mind our manners, and avoid overt sarcasm, and to try our best to be clear and logical about what we say here.

"Friends will come and go, but enemies accumulate"
THOMAS JONES

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom