Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New AfterNIC URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the name AFTERNIC has a lot of bad baggage. they should change their name

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"the name AFTERNIC has a lot of bad baggage. they should change their name"

No doubt (on the first point). However, I'm pretty sure the eventual buyers' of the domain name thought of this in advance. My guess is that they'll use the domain, but "reinvent" the experience.
Remember, too, that people tend to root for the underdog. We are a very forgiving society. If they improve on what were the best features of the old name/site, and they actively (and openly) address former shortcomings ... thus instilling confidence ... people will give them a second chance. To say nothing of demand for such a service. Like many, I, too, will be watching. Good Luck and Merry Christmas! :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Namebuysell is a piece of crap spamming site who bought a name. Nothing more. Now they can put a new name on the site and spam emails they send. That's all that has happened here."

This is the first I've heard of such a claim. When did this occur? Can you reference a link or published article? Or, are you really "just a puppet", as signed?? Good Luck.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
woohoo, we are all domain people here, we do understand the difference between buying a domain name and a business.

Both seller and buyer of the domain name have announcements on their respective websites referring to this.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namebuysell.com

searched for .com range from 0 - $20,000, but only got crappy .us domain results--a bug in your (not so) advanced search

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.biz, thanks for the report. That feature got broken during a round of security enhancements and no one told us about it until someone called about your post here. It is fixed now; give it a try again.

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
here is a good name for the new site,if you decide to go with a different name in the future,the .net is taken,this one just droped today.Its available

AmeriNic.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom