Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New one minute auction site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klklinc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New auction site - DNKO - The New Standard For Domain Name Auctions

Looks like the first auctions start on monday May,18th.... and guess what...each auction only lasts for 60seconds!! Wow, a quick way to make money if it takes off!!

The site looks and feels very professional and the actual auction process is outlined in full: DNKO - The New Standard For Domain Name Auctions

Be very interesting to see how this goes.... Apparently they are looking at three auctions periods a week with all domains that are entered for each auction period going on the block for one minute each. Pre-bidding is allowed and reserves can be set for a small fee.

If a domain is sold then the sales fee is a very reasonable 5% ->>>>> Off to submit some domains. :)

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with this site.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hm that's interesting.. I think the marketing would be getting people aware of the auction, I suppose..

Interesting.. to say the least!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm .. Great idea. It's success is solely based on how good they can market their service though. I can see some nice sales on this platform if they can attract a lot of bidders.

Will definitely check it out, thanks for the tip!

BTW, The Fact That Every Word On That Page Started With A Capital Letter Made Me Dizzy. :dizzy: They should change that, looks a bit unprofessional imho.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's an interesting service, but I don't see how one-minute auctions can be that useful. Do we need them? I like Bido, where auctions run for one hour, but I'm not sure if making the auction time even shorter will result in higher prices. Sixty seconds is just too short and the site will only succeed if there will be lots of members online at any given time, because otherwise most auctions will end without bids. It can also be important for bidders to have the time to think about their next bid or bidding strategy during an auction, and there is no time for that in one-minute auctions.

So yes, interesting. But for now I remain skeptical.

klklinc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the platform bodes more towards pre-bids. The concept being that if you see a domain you want and it's resonably priced then making a pre-bid is more likely to get you the domain as there is only 60 seconds for other bidders to try and snag the domain once the auction starts.

Ziggery.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pre bids are definately the key to this platform and seeing how there will be up to 3 auctions a week gives plenty of variety into the domains being submitted.

There will also be speciality auctions for LLL.com's, quad premium LLLL.com's, ccTLD's etc

Stay tuned

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could having more auction sites be like having more TLD's? It feels like dilution, not more value to me. I see no point to using DNKO. To me, TRAFFIC and SEDO cover the bases, and BIDO is bringing up the rear. What else is needed besides these 3? Whats the point?

klklinc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could having more auction sites be like having more TLD's? It feels like dilution, not more value to me. I see no point to using DNKO. To me, TRAFFIC and SEDO cover the bases, and BIDO is bringing up the rear. What else is needed besides these 3? Whats the point?

That's like saying what's the point in having Wendy's when there's Burger King and McDonald's........ The answer is easy, something similar but uniquely different in it's own way. :)

You only have to look at the number of domains submitted to see that there is interest in this... from a sellers point of view anyway. It remains to be seen how this unique platform will be received by buyers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can't wait for the 1 second auction! :D It'll be the sniper's paradise.

onlinelife

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For such a short term auction to have any chance of succeeding with domain sales it would neeed to have lots of traffic, which that site I am sure does not get.
Everything start with small. :)

I can't wait for the 1 second auction! :D It'll be the sniper's paradise.
Yes, but now you got 60 seconds to bid or well before that a pre-bid!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everything start with small. :)

But the problem is for it to get wide recognition, credibility and high traffic it would have to sucessfully sell some domains and get good prices too but will first need high numbers of existing traffic to achieve that success which leads to high traffic.

Acro was joking.

Originally Posted by Acro - I can't wait for the 1 second auction! It'll be the sniper's paradise.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is Mark? any updates?

Tell him if he needs help with anything to contact me...

hope he is okay and feeling better soon.

Stewie,

onlinelife

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Please join us tonight for a DNKO auction event!
There are no domain restrictions and everyone is welcome to participate. The submission fees and the auction fees have been waived. We hope you have a fun time.

There will be a total of 60 Slots available for this test. We ask each member to limit their submissions to 4 so everyone has a chance to submit their domains.
Visit: http://dnko.com

Last edited:

Dotted

Connecting The Dot
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Auctions are running right now.

onlinelife

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First DNKO.com LIVE auction is running!
Take your time to read our help section. Submit ticket if you have any question or suggestions.

UPDATE: Since the auction at DNKO.com is going so smooth, we decided to giveaway GoDaddy GiftCards for Wednesday's auction (10th June). Check it out!

Last edited:

iboughta.com

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmmm.... I totally agree the time frame....

Might sound impressive but way too short...

Great for buyer imho...but no way I am going to put my names for sale there...

Most of last week results are not even covering reg cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom