Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past 48 hours I have managed to sell 2 domains to the value of $11,000

How I hear you cry?

Adwords.

Yes thats right both domains sold from Adwords Links within 1 week of listing.

Now how much did that cost me?

$1.90 yes thats all.

Got a premium domain.. Sell it on google.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UNBELIEVABLE -- I was going to ask that question here just last night -- "Is it possible to use AdWords to sell a domain?" Then I thought "nahhhh..."

Nice one NS, and thanks for the heads-up! That's where a few of my primes are going tomorrow.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nothing more you can add really.

I sponsored the keywords ONLY of the domain name itself, parked the domain on an afternic listing page and pointed the url to that.

I was only testing it out, but low and behold ---- RESULT. I had a total of 11 clickthroughs from the google add (sponsored at minimum bid)

if you had the domain name. BlackBox, you would sponsor

"blackbox"
"black box"

As I said I was testing the market, (the domains were not all that special)

-Will post names once I have the funds secured-

Just in time for Christmas.. I am gonna go have a beer now.

you could even consider advertising premium domains from AfterNIC and SEDO and earn yourself some commission.

More on that later, I am developing some exciting things soon to be revealed in the next few days.. that will allow you to get into the domain sales commission market.. PM if you want to sign up to beta.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very creative idea namestrands

keep us informed please

also, can you take a screenshot of your adword advertisement so we can see how it looks.

Thanks

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adwords.jpg

As requested.

Now after I done it, it seems so obvious now. Would love to hear if anyone else has success on this, I am 2 for 2 at the moment, so I remain positive.

I would love this thread to be sticked and people to post experience, I think we have a genuine opportunity here to really pioneer something.

Posted First Here on DNforum, the home of the pioneering domainers.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pretty good. I hope you used your affiliate ID in the link, so that you also earn a commission on the sales ;-)

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see you got it all covered.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How did you link to Afternic.com and NOT show your ID link? Is is typical href script or what?

Great idea... great sale!

Great Job!!!!

Merry Christmas for sure :)

- EDIT -

LOL... Google won't allow the word "Sedo" in their ad text. ROTF!!!

GoPC

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brilliant. I suppose you could also just point it to the domain itself and have a landing page that explains about the domain and the price, rather than going through Sedo or Afternic?

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
adwords.jpg

As requested.

Now after I done it, it seems so obvious now. Would love to hear if anyone else has success on this, I am 2 for 2 at the moment, so I remain positive.

I would love this thread to be sticked and people to post experience, I think we have a genuine opportunity here to really pioneer something.

Posted First Here on DNforum, the home of the pioneering domainers.

Superb

Thanks for the information!

OB

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would think most end users to be new to domain buying and therefore you would be more successful in selling were you to use the services of AfterNIC or SEDO.. You could use Escrow.com but its not really geared to domain sales.

Bonus of using AfterNIC or SEDO is that if the buyer decides to buy another domain other than your, you will still get the referer commission from the respective programs. (and its legally contractual)

However based on SEDOs Lame and over complicated way of getting Verified, I would go with AfterNIC every day. (i have had 3 people request sales from whois because they could not grasp the concept of sedo' verification.. end users like to enquire before a sale from my experience.)

AfterNIC offer a landing page that explains the domain and allows you to bid straight off the page. You have to be prepared to give up the parking revenue when the domain is parked on a AfterNIC sale Page, but it is effective and there is no confusion as to your intent to sell.

Brilliant. I suppose you could also just point it to the domain itself and have a landing page that explains about the domain and the price, rather than going through Sedo or Afternic?

If you are to sell a domain via email. Take the time to research the domain, quote google results and how much the potential buyer would spend on advertising each year and compare it to the price of your domain. Point out that a domain name is an asset and my favourite... ask them if they could afford to allow a competitor to purchase it.

So many domainers just quote price with extreme arrogance, offering no justification. Not everyone is a domainer, take the time to really proof your pitch, offer a multitude of services for payment. More importantly swallow your pride, this is a business transaction afterall. Believe me, your bank account will appreciate it.

Never take anything personally even if someone is claiming trademark, you are more likely to resolve these matters fair for both parties.

Just remember the namestrands-ism:
You catch more flies with honey, than you do with vinegar.

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will also try this one as I have huge domains for sale.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great ideas NS. Thanks for the heads up. I will try this one.

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent idea NS, the beauty is it will catch the attention of 'other' sponsors/advertisers when the ads are displayed in Google, who will most likely buy the domain! I think this is what is the reason behind the quick sale!

thanks,

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly.. you can sell the domain to people who didnt even know they wanted to buy a domain.

You open up your market... 10 fold. You expose your domains to a larger market audience.

However I have to stress that you dont advertise your domain if they are parked on a parking program, as this violates the TOC. Ensure that the advert resolves to a landing sales page and not a parked page.

You can link directly to your sales page on SEDO and AfterNIC.

I am going to try my own landing page that really pitches the domain, however I will link to the AfterNIC sales page for interested buyers to proceed with the sale.

If you dont have your domains listed at AFTERNIC then do so now.. Link available on my sig.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats namestrands!
also good idea.
i have tried it on one.
the only downside i can see is you normally have to put a reasonable amount in the adwords fund (pay monthly) to figure.
if you just put $20 or so, you may not crop up.
i suppose it may work better with cheap niche terms better?
any tips appreciated.
i'm giving it a shot on one. it should climb the rankings soon anyway as has been developed as a site & is generic. also with the right enduser should get a packet.
cheers,
Pred ;)

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've already tried to sell domains through AdWords about one year ago, but didn't have any success... Maybe I'll give it a try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom