Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started my test. Listed a premium .com on Afternic. Bid on the domain name and the keyword at Google. Had to bid $0.30 for the keyword and $0.10 for the name. Also did an ad on Yahoo. I bid $0.15 for the keyword and $0.10 for the name there.

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started my test. Listed a premium .com on Afternic. Bid on the domain name and the keyword at Google. Had to bid $0.30 for the keyword and $0.10 for the name. Also did an ad on Yahoo. I bid $0.15 for the keyword and $0.10 for the name there.

Good luck :)

Question for namestrands:

Did you have a bin price on the domains that you sold, or just a minimum offer?

Thanks,
Dave

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I'll try this out, but I think I'm going to try pointing the ad to a page I have set up on my site with the domains I have for sale and the BIN prices (which I know are exorbitant, so don't feel compelled to email me about it, because I already know and I don't care because I'd rather sit on them than let them go for a "reasonable" price, mmkay?).

So anyhoo... unless someone knows of a super compelling reason to NOT try to sell them on my own, I'll give it a go and report my findings here.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I'll try this out, but I think I'm going to try pointing the ad to a page I have set up on my site with the domains I have for sale and the BIN prices (which I know are exorbitant, so don't feel compelled to email me about it, because I already know and I don't care because I'd rather sit on them than let them go for a "reasonable" price, mmkay?).

So anyhoo... unless someone knows of a super compelling reason to NOT try to sell them on my own, I'll give it a go and report my findings here.
Many of us have tried adwords to draw visitors to our own DN for sale page with varying degrees of success or failure.
The OP has pointed out that adsense to an afternic listing with an affiliate code can turn a profit even without selling a single name of your own, and be more likely to make a sale because the people clicking on the ads might need the confidence inspired by afternic and escrow before making a purchase.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have permission from afterNIC to offer my own RSS Feed of the featured domains on AfterNIC. It updates every hour.

http://www.planetclick.com/afternicXML.php (best viewed with firefox)

to call it with your partnerid

PHP:
http://www.planetclick.com/afternicXML.php?partnerid=YOURID

display it on your websites or blogs.

I hope you find it useful, post your success perhaps it will encourage them to offer this service direct themselves.

Happy Selling

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many of us have tried adwords to draw visitors to our own DN for sale page with varying degrees of success or failure.
The OP has pointed out that adsense to an afternic listing with an affiliate code can turn a profit even without selling a single name of your own, and be more likely to make a sale because the people clicking on the ads might need the confidence inspired by afternic and escrow before making a purchase.

I don't have an Afternic account though, and I'm not an affilliate. I think I'd rather have the traffic since it's a page on my blog site and I talk about online marketing for small businesses and offer copywriting and consulting services, too. Figure I'll get them there to consider the domains, but they might wander around the site a bit, too and maybe push my Alexa rank a little higher or even subscribe to the rss feed.

Besides, I selected this route *because* it isn't the route everyone else is taking for the sake of documented comparison.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have permission from afterNIC to offer my own RSS Feed of the featured domains on AfterNIC. It updates every hour.

http://www.planetclick.com/afternicXML.php (best viewed with firefox)

I use IE7 (do not have Firefox) like the vast majority of people also use IE and your feed does not work. Would seem like a good idea to make the feed work with IE. This is what I got:

"Internet Explorer cannot display this feed. Internet Explorer does not support this feed format. Go back to the previous page.

More information.
Supported feed formats
ATOM 0.3, 1.0
RSS 0.91, 0.92
RSS 1.0
RSS 2.0
What is a Feed? A feed is a method of delivering frequently updated web content. Feeds are also known as web feeds, RSS feeds, XML feeds, or syndicated content.

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's just like one line of code you need to remove from the feed to make IE happy. I'll have to look up which one it was, but it was a simple fix that took me like a minute to make.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm using Afternic parking for the first time today. Now they are serving up a blank page. Bad start.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest the feed is designed to be embeded in your websites.

However I have enabled the feed to be Internet Explorer Compatible..

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo rejected my ad using the keyword without the .com. Their reason "Match Type Modified, Insufficient Content". No wonder Google is blowing away Yahoo. Yahoo turns down money.

shopperx

BuyPokerDomains.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Your feed works great on IE 7, nice and simple design. Congrats!

Ive been using adwords for 3 days now, im advertising 5 domains with different categories, keywords (more than 5 keywords on each domain) and extensions.

I also set a $50 limit on my daily budget using a $0.05 - $1.0 PPC range. I get ranked from 1 - 250 depending on the keyword.

Thousands of impressions, some clicks and no sale yet.

Im deciding for how long to keep this campaign. I wish i had more luck..

shopperx

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I set a $5 limit on mine. Just think of all the websites that now advertise your domain. Its all about the Product Placement now and of course the exposure.

Someone might not buy it today, but they may remember seeing it. Nothing is ever a sure thing, its meant as another route to market.

I do wish you all the best of luck. I spent several weeks choosing the right domains to promote based on search results from google and based on the sale probability.

I remain confident as I have had some offers on the other 5 domains I am promoting, even though low bid amounts, its more than I ever got before while parked.

Lower your daily amount, to the minimum and keep it going for a few months.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adwords.jpg

I would love this thread to be sticked and people to post experience, I think we have a genuine opportunity here to really pioneer something.

Stuck as requested, a hell of a good job NS.

Congrats!

-=DCG=-

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PHP:
http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=us&auction_id=xxxx&tracked=1&partnerid=xxxxx

yeah sedo work with the
PHP:
&partnerid=xxxxx

Although I am not sure if SEDO request the partnerid throughout their pages. I have only ever used it on individual domain sales page and on search results page. Would be better if you ask them if its a variable they request throughout.

Thanks NS for giving me the syntax for an Afternic URL in another thread

1. Have I got the sedo.com url right for a current auction below where x are my nos. ?

http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=us&auction_id=xxxx&tracked=1&partnerid=xxxxx

2. I asked TDNAM if a sale at TDNAM will attract a GoDaddy affiliate payment
They said yes

3. Is there a dnforum affiliate scheme? Where? If linked to a dnforum for sale thread cann non members read it?

as requested here is the XML feed for SEDO Featured Domains.

PHP:
http://www.planetclick.com/sedoXML.php

same principle applies. To add your own PartnerID

PHP:
http://www.planetclick.com/sedoXML.php?partnerid=YOURID

;-) works both on IE7 and Firefox.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just made my first commission on AfterNIC from the feed. (new member signup)

Lets hope the buyer accepts the offer and lets hope its a big one.

shopperx

BuyPokerDomains.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello my friend,

You are on a winning roll! , if i were you i would buy one lottery ticket this Dec 24th. (btw 24 is the day of my birthday and my fav number).

On my behalf i havent had any luck. Tomorrow will be my last day trying adwords for domain advertising. Ive spent ~ $200 advertising 5 domains during the last 4 days. Its time for me to take a break on domains and php and enjoy christmas with my family.

I hope to have better luck next year, i thank you for this advice, i will recommend it to my customers for advertising purposes.

Congrats on your sales and merry christmas.

shopperx

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom