Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

News.com: Is Your domain safe from deletion? article

Status
Not open for further replies.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
New article labelled "Is Your Domain Safe From Deletion?" featured on News.com home page today.

As a result of the SecLists.org controversy with Godaddy.com recently, News.com has issued a new story where they questioned 10 domain registrars about their policy for suspending/deleting domain names of their customers.

A very interesting article:
http://news.com.com/Survey+Are+doma...iendly/2100-1025_3-6155614.html?tag=nefd.lede

I just called Moniker, my preferred registrar, and spoke with Monte Cahn (their CEO) to get my questions answered about their policies about deleting domains, and he satisfied my concerns. I feel good now, and will sleep better at night, now that I know that Moniker won't delete my domains if they receive a complaint for my normal, legal use of my domains.

I also informed him of this article on News.com so he could further reply to his customers if he wanted to about this important issue.

Is your registrar CEO/President easy to reach when you have concerns such as those raised in this, and the previous, News.com articles?

Also, it was interesting to see the guy who got yanked by GoDaddy.com has a new site telling about his ordeal with his domain on GoDaddy up on a site called: http://www.nodaddy.com

Domain Summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That reminds me........where do you find the auth codes within Godaddy?
no time like the present, been meaning to ship out my best from Godaddy to Moniker for some time. Think i'll do now.
Any advice anyone has on the easy way to do it & find the auth codes etc, appreciated.
cheers Guys
Pred :)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did somebody already raised this issue with Enom?

New article labelled "Is Your Domain Safe From Deletion?" featured on News.com home page today.

As a result of the SecLists.org controversy with Godaddy.com recently, News.com has issued a new story where they questioned 10 domain registrars about their policy for suspending/deleting domain names of their customers.

A very interesting article:
http://news.com.com/Survey+Are+doma...iendly/2100-1025_3-6155614.html?tag=nefd.lede

I just called Moniker, my preferred registrar, and spoke with Monte Cahn (their CEO) to get my questions answered about their policies about deleting domains, and he satisfied my concerns. I feel good now, and will sleep better at night, now that I know that Moniker won't delete my domains if they receive a complaint for my normal, legal use of my domains.

I also informed him of this article on News.com so he could further reply to his customers if he wanted to about this important issue.

Is your registrar CEO/President easy to reach when you have concerns such as those raised in this, and the previous, News.com articles?

Also, it was interesting to see the guy who got yanked by GoDaddy.com has a new site telling about his ordeal with his domain on GoDaddy up on a site called: http://www.nodaddy.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It needs to be noted that the domain that caused the latest uproar with GD was never "deleted". Its DNS was changed to GD's own pair, thus hijacking it for the length of its downtime.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the domain is back online again.

This is another reason, I got some traffic to my domain daddy.org. Great media stuff.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Start becoming aware and responsible, guys. You don't want someone else to
do that for you.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That reminds me........where do you find the auth codes within Godaddy?
no time like the present, been meaning to ship out my best from Godaddy to Moniker for some time. Think i'll do now.
Any advice anyone has on the easy way to do it & find the auth codes etc, appreciated.
cheers Guys
Pred :)

Press on the domain name in your list... in the main content box you'll see an "email auth code" link.. press that and the epp code will be sent to your email on record of the domain in question.. Unlock it right after. and dont forget to press the confirm button to the lower right of the content box.

I've moved a few hundred out of godaddy over the last few months. Systems pretty simple. Enom however is a royal pain in the butt.. they found a legal way to get the auth code from the winning registrars emailed to their email box. For transferring a domain from enom or any of its resellers simply email support <at> moniker .com and put your personal name, and account number, and ask for the transfer to moniker.. and paste the epp code with it.
The epp code is in the user interface under general.. near the bottom.

The daddy needs a whoopin. With enough of us taking our names out of enom and godaddy, they can feel it. And if any one registrar deserves our domains, its moniker.... possibly the last place standing that answers the support phone with a real body.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom