Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Nice week for .CA's on DNJournal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

3 going for mid to high $xx,xxx and one for mid $x,xxx. These coupled with Adam's sales (and others who reported their own sales within that thread) show some serious movement in the .CA namespace and I like it.

Once I trim down my batch of "rookie registrations" I will be focusing a lot more on top tier names by spending my money on a few good to great names instead of on a hundred crappy ones.

Wonder how these names would have gone for had they been posted here (if they weren't already)

Congrats to all those involved in these 4 sales.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed this too and posted about it on my blog. Note that those two biggest sales were done earlier this year, and not in the last week.

Makes you wonder what else you don't hear about.

Also makes you wonder what they would sell for if .ca was open for anyone to register, surely you'd get more domain investors interested in the space.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that boots.ca and suits.ca were owned by dropwizard - Gordon Martin. Might be wrong but thats my guess.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im not sure these sales were any boost, if anything the two highest a very high reseller transaction, very high. No way suits and boots see those numbers here and maybe even from a small end user let alone a reseller like us here. So I was very suprised at the price considering it was not an end user really.

Id say suits and boots dont see $5k here, which begs the questions why a member paid 3-4x the price.

And before someone spouts off, spare us who post they would pay that as well or they were good buys..BS you have AMPLE oppurtunity to buy similar if not better names for as much and dont. I could buy at LEAST a dozen BETTER names for under $15k and wont, why, no up side and no buyers here.

Money talks and the BS needs to start walking, put up or shut up!

Last edited:

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell us how you really feel JP :yes:

Im not sure these sales were any boost, if anything the two highest a very high reseller transaction, very high. No way suits and boots see those numbers here and maybe even from a small end user let alone a reseller like us here. So I was very suprised at the price considering it was not an end user really.

Id say suits and boots dont see $5k here, which begs the questions why a member paid 3-4x the price.

And before someone spouts off, spare us who post they would pay that as well or they were good buys..BS you have AMPLE oppurtunity to buy similar if not better names for as much and dont. I could buy at LEAST a dozen BETTER names for under $15k and wont, why, no up side and no buyers here.

Money talks and the BS needs to start walking, put up or shut up!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, some of you are delusional. The .ca market is still fully and completely dead, despite a couple of sales. Sure lightning can strike. It doesn't make a market.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess lightning is striking my portfolio a few times a year. I must be the lucky one.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was stricken only once in .ca, and no scars :)

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess lightning is striking my portfolio a few times a year. I must be the lucky one.

The market making on this board is shameless. There are odds and sods sales, but overall anyone who is honest and awake at the wheel knows the .ca is one of the least vital spaces in the domain market.

Between me, my partner, and lots of others, whose .ca portfolios numbers in the many thousands, we don't see the same optimism. We'd like to, but we just don't. Maybe your experience is different. Congrats ;)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The .ca market is way ahead of where it was in 2005, when I got back in. The problem with holding a big portfolio of .ca's is that on ppc parking alone, you normally won't cover renewal fees, unless maybe you have some typos of high traffic .ca sites.

But if you develop some and get a few decent sales throughout the year, you should be close to break even or ahead.

Overall reported sales haven't been great this year, but .ca is far from dead. It might not be a vital space to the world, but .ca is becoming more vital and ingrained to the Canadian internet space every year. Marketwise Canada is small compared to Germany, France, UK etc which have larger populations and more of a country code domain market. And then there are the residence restrictions that keep non-Canadian investors out.

I wouldn't say the .ca market is on fire or very liquid right now, but I do expect every year to get better. Internet use keeps growing and people/businesses need a good domain to be online.

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.ca is very much alive and there are end-users who are ready to pay.

Domains are all about risk and it is important to follow your instinct.

If I listened to every domainer that told me I'd be stupid to invest that kind of money in .ca or that .ca is going nowhere, my business wouldn't exist and I wouldn't be here today.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seller of these names was board member QueenMother, hope she doesnt mind me saying so, she is a great lady and experienced domainer. We should all be happy it was " one of us " who managed this and I suspect she does plenty more we are unaware of ;)

Congrats QM !

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes QueenMother is actually quite an impressive lady.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes QueenMother is actually quite an impressive lady.

Aw geezz shucks....you guys are so nice to say so...:blush:

Seriously, I think that if we all do our best to make any sale of any dot ca over 1k public..by sending it to Ron Jackson, the Duke, at the DnJournal, we will be doing a great service to the visibility of the value of our valuable dot ca. I see that Moniker is featuring the dot ca in their January ccTld auction, although I have seen zero marketing :-(...Also, I believe Rick Latona is hosting a TRAFFIC auction in Canada...perhaps Vancouver, in the beginning of 2010...off hand I do not remember the dates. Auction houses will start to show more of an interest in the dot ca, as there is money to be made there for them. JP is right...too many private sales out there that are never reported and I am guilty...but I plan on changing that so there are a few more up-to-date benchmarks for future sales...

Joyous Holiday to all,

qm

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats QueenMother

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man, I hope TRAFFIC is coming to Vancouver. We need something like that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom