Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

non-paying buyers - so whats the point in verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Earlier this month I received an offer on a domain that was listed in the SEDO market place. I accepted the offer more or less straight away as it was close to the asking price.

Several weeks have past now, and guess what. NO RESPONSE from SEDO or the buyer.

I have made several request for the transaction to be cancelled and for SEDO to forward me the details of the Buyer. Guess what? NO RESPONSE.

Is there any limit to the incompetance? TOM FELL was the KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER/Transfer Agent.

So I have to ask, if people are still not going through with purchases then what is the point of verification, what does verification actually do. One thought it was to verify someone as a buyer or seller.

All I ask is for the buyer to be banned from using the marketplace and his/her details to be forwarded to me for some reprisal, but alas NO RESPONSE.

SEDO, no, SEDON'T

Should I be suprised?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going to move all my domains out of the market place, should make a dent in the SEDO domain for sale listings.

Still no reply and the domain transaction is still listed.. one would think SEDO is a one man operation the way they operate.

Hope Parked.com Start a Market Place.

S

SedoCoUk

Just to clarify, the buyer certification helps to keep Sedo's marketplace secure and keeps things running efficiently for all of our users. This improved protection benefits all members of the Sedo marketplace and shortens the transaction process. Since this new feature was launched a couple of months ago, we have seen a lot more completed transfers, as the number of fake or unintended bids has considerably declined.

As is noted on our website, Sedo’s Buyer Certification program does not guarantee that a buyer will perform their obligations when agreeing to purchase a domain name. However, it does decrease the likelihood of a buyer backing down in the transfer of a domain.

There is no reason to put the blame on your hard working transfer agent Tom. Unfortunately, the buyer of your domain, though certified, chose not to observe Sedo's regulations, and for this reason, the buyer's account has been suspended by Tom and they are facing their deserved punishment.

If you have any other concerns regarding this issue, please feel free to send me or any of my associates a PM and we can help you out.

Monica

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'd be curious to know what punishment he will get

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alleged Account Suspension, personally I would of hoped for an all out Ban.

I now have the buyers contact details, so I will pursue myself.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Luck! Let us know how you get on, hopefully he will pay up
Pred ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol....they should get banned for sure from sedo ;)

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mocus, what a pleasant surprise;) welcome back

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNforum is the greatest domain forum in the world, with a great owner and only the best mods and admins to be found anywhere, they are very fair and very caring about their members. 'nuff said...hope everything works out NS and you get PAID! I'm sure it was a good domain if you sold it so not sure why the buyer would straggle! ;)

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I now have the buyers contact details, so I will pursue myself.

With my latest Sedo deadbeat I got their info from Sedo and sent them a firm email. They decided to pay me direct with paypal and complete the sale.

Domain name was webmaster/internet related. Seems the word on the street with end-userish buyers is that you don't have to follow through with Sedo offers and Sedo won't actually do anything other than give their info out.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyers Regret no doubt, probably sedo themselves making a bid in a hope that I would put it to auction and praise them on what a great company they are.. yeah.. I am synical when it comes to them..

The address is so obscure that I am sure it was fake.

Sedo would not give me the email address or the contact number, which is a shame as I would of got on that phone and went Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon on his ass.

Still not convinced about this whole verification process.. I would be happier if the buyer were to pay a 10% deposit, if they default sedo and I would go 50/50

With my latest Sedo deadbeat I got their info from Sedo and sent them a firm email. They decided to pay me direct with paypal and complete the sale.

Domain name was webmaster/internet related. Seems the word on the street with end-userish buyers is that you don't have to follow through with Sedo offers and Sedo won't actually do anything other than give their info out.

If I manage to get the email address out of SEDO then I may have to ask your advice on the firm email.. no doubt my attempt will be short of telling them to pay up or I will come after them and their family. May also have to make threats against the family pets, if necessary.

If SEDO dont send over the mail address at least I will know it was them all along.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no doubt my attempt will be short of telling them to pay up or I will come after them and their family. May also have to make threats against the family pets, if necessary.

Works great imo.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyers Regret no doubt, probably sedo themselves making a bid in a hope that I would put it to auction and praise them on what a great company they are.. yeah.. I am synical when it comes to them..

The address is so obscure that I am sure it was fake.

Sedo would not give me the email address or the contact number, which is a shame as I would of got on that phone and went Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon on his ass.

Still not convinced about this whole verification process.. I would be happier if the buyer were to pay a 10% deposit, if they default sedo and I would go 50/50

If I manage to get the email address out of SEDO then I may have to ask your advice on the firm email.. no doubt my attempt will be short of telling them to pay up or I will come after them and their family. May also have to make threats against the family pets, if necessary.

If SEDO dont send over the mail address at least I will know it was them all along.

Really Sedo should be verifying names and credit card addresses a la paypal and identifying buyer/seller accounts during the offer process. This is so out of hand now its ridiculous.

My deadbeet just happend to run an online business so I guess they were fearing for their rep. I got lucky on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom