Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

non-paying buyers - so whats the point in verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I gave sedo the opportunity to complete the sale, but they failed to respond. So I guess its gonna be escrow.com or afternic.com.

Perhaps the idea of having individual account managers is wrong if they are unable to respond in a timely fashion, which is ironic really as this industry operates in realtime, the slightest delay could mean the difference in a sale, after 2 days of waiting for a response or bid comments to be approved, the momentum tends to get lost.

I would suggest that they have a ticket system where all staff pitch in to take up the slack. Something as simple as CRM surely must have reached the shores of SEDOPlex.

REAL TIME.. learn it, live it, love it.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I gave sedo the opportunity to complete the sale, but they failed to respond. So I guess its gonna be escrow.com or afternic.com.

Perhaps the idea of having individual account managers is wrong if they are unable to respond in a timely fashion, which is ironic really as this industry operates in realtime, the slightest delay could mean the difference in a sale, after 2 days of waiting for a response or bid comments to be approved, the momentum tends to get lost.

I would suggest that they have a ticket system where all staff pitch in to take up the slack. Something as simple as CRM surely must have reached the shores of SEDOPlex.

REAL TIME.. learn it, live it, love it.

Actually I would suspect a lot of these sales do go "cold" because Sedo can't be bothered to initiate and/or complete the transaction in a sane amount of time.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am the seller of a domain sale that was started on 12/18/06.

We have been stuck in the trasfer phase of the escrow process for weeks. I provided Sedo with the authorization code and unlocked the domain like I was supposed to.

I have send two to three follow up emails without a single response from Sedo.

This is yet another never ending transaction!

At least, it appears that the buyer paid...

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo are the Escrow company and therefore they should escrow the domain also. They have the ability to do so. Simply Request to push the domain into SEDOs accounts at the registrar this way you get the funds released faster.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer has accepted Escrow.com. Transaction in process.

Now thats Real Time Domaining.

Makes you wonder why they never went through with the SEDO process, shall have to ask them.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder why they never went through with the SEDO process, shall have to ask them.
I was referring to Sedo's internal escrow process. I am sorry if that point wasn't very clear.

Tom with Sedo just PM'ed me. He is going to look into this for me.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands, I realize this isn't my thread however, I figured I would post an update to my previous dilemma. I pushed the domain to Tom at Sedo and was told that my payment should be processed today!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now if they told you, that you could do that earlier you would not have an issue.

Glad it all worked out for you. :)

Does make you wonder though, you are the one doing all the chasing and they just sit back and collect the Escrow fees.

Anyway.. all is well that ends well.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Namestrands,
have sent you a pm. After chasing Oliver at sedo for 3 weeks, sedo have cancelled the rental.info deal. Worth £10k to me
I will sue the buyer & sedo if necessary.
Let's get it on record , sedo are a waste of f*cking space. I have backed them many times, now i've had it with them.
Trying to sneak me a 3 line email the deal's off, no phonecall or rational explanation.
The buyer has bought through them before so they know him.
I will sort this. There's a principle at stake here.
Any advice you could give me , i would appreciate.
Thanks
Predator :sigh2:

nb: i will start a separate thread on this once we get motoring. feel free to pitch all your anti-sedo sentiment & bad experiences at it, & i'll get schumacher rung up & get him to have a read.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo are the Escrow company and therefore they should escrow the domain also. They have the ability to do so. Simply Request to push the domain into SEDOs accounts at the registrar this way you get the funds released faster.

Worked OK a couple of times for me, but the most recent "broker" , and I shudder when I see I have been allocated her, seemed to have no idea about it even though I referred her to a very recent sale completed via one of her colleagues which went smoothly , domain pushed to Sedo account.

Finally got a transfer request from "buyer" which now adds another week to my final receipt of funds. :rolleyes:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM Sent Predator.

An update to my domain situation.. Escrow.com have confirmed funds and domain has been transferred.. awaiting release of funds.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands,
u r a friggin' legend! :) top man, thankyou!
sherlock holmes is alive and well . lol
i'll keep you posted.
cheers dude
Pred ;)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to update you all. I tracked down the buyer on my own as SEDO REFUSED to supply me an email address or telephone number.

I convinced the buyer that it would be in their interest to proceed with the sale. This was done via Escrow.com. Domain has been transfered to the buyer and Escrow.com has released the funds.

I think this highlights that SEDO has some serious faults in its Escrow process, whereas they do NOTHING when a buyer fails to pay.

Perhaps its an issue they can address.

First of all the “buyer’s” account most certainly is suspended. He cannot log into the account or use any of Sedo’s services.

Tom looks like SEDO were caught out in a lie again. I spoke with the buyer and they have confirmed that their account was neither banned or suspened.

Can you explain this?

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to update you all. I tracked down the buyer on my own as SEDO REFUSED to supply me an email address or telephone number.

I convinced the buyer that it would be in their interest to proceed with the sale. This was done via Escrow.com. Domain has been transfered to the buyer and Escrow.com has released the funds.

I think this highlights that SEDO has some serious faults in its Escrow process, whereas they do NOTHING when a buyer fails to pay.

Perhaps its an issue they can address.

They should address it with this new slogan:

"Sedo - The Deadbeats Choice"

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt hold your breath, I emailed them and PM'ed them when I heard from the buyer about them not being banned/suspended, and nothing from SEDO.

I guess the rule goes is that anyone can make a bid and not pay and then get away with it.

No point in waiting for SEDO to come back with some spin or assurances, I feel that they believe their own BS at times.

No one need to slate SEDO, they seem to be doing a good job of it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom