Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

non-paying buyers - so whats the point in verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL
Mocemeister,
i was just trawling through some thread looking for Mr.Berryhill's contact details & i saw acroplex's post. I noticed a vibrator on his profile :lol:
I notice it was a gift from you LOL :lol:
what made me piss myself was, did you send him it after he was banned so that he will find on his return? Hilarious.
When you ghost over it , it just says 'Mocus lol'
Quality
Pred

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, he got that little fun gift from me before whatever happened...
Personally, I love acroplex...he's a great dude and a very good domainer..he bought me a lollipop on mine..forget what it says, but I agree the whole thing was kinda weird really...I think maybe I was just poking fun at him over the whole self professed "greek geek" title he called himself for a long time and still gets teased for, by me at least, but just cause he's Acro & is a very cool down 2 earth dude..:lol:

Mr. Deleted has one too from me too, I figured if they are there then why not buy them for each other and make things fun? Ya know? :eek:k:

Don't worry pred, as soon as I get another 500 F$ I'm gonna get you a toy too...thanks for my doughnut! :pound:

But back to topic, the whole sedo thing is very concerning, there should be a monetary penalty for backing out of any deal, say charged to the payment information on file with that bidders sedo account..and split between sedo and the seller, as was suggested before somewhat. Good idea!

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a number od sales that did not proceed pre verification , Sedo always provided "buyer" details when requested which I then posted as warnings on the various forums and emailed the thread links to "buyer". - Personal satisfaction.

No similar problems since but Sedo's response time sucks - unfortunately they are not alone - "customer service" seems to be a name only with a lot of companies irrespective of their business.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have requested the complete 411 on this alleged member. However I expect at least a week before SEDO get back to me.

"They are Really busy you know" ;-)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have requested the complete 411 on this alleged member. However I expect at least a week before SEDO get back to me.

"They are Really busy you know" ;-)
Start a contest where contestants pick a date and time for a response. I say it will be more than a week. From personal experience, of course :cool:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So why is Sedo giving contact details for some deadbeats and not for others ?
To set the record straight once for all, they should also add a disclaimer on their bidding screen along the lines of "Failure to pay winning bids/offers may result in your contact details being passed on to the seller for further collection"
so that know they won't be staying anonymous if they default.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To set the record straight once for all, they should also add a disclaimer on their bidding screen along the lines of "Failure to pay winning bids/offers may result in your contact details being passed on to the seller for further collection"

Also, before being allowed to bid, they must lodge credit card details and 20% non-refundable deposit taken instantly as soon as the auction finishes. If the payment doesn't clear, it goes down to the second highest bidder - 20% off of their card etc

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I tracked down the buyers details myself.

Sedo Terms of Service States: Reaching an Agreement “Should either party fail to meet to their obligations under the respective agreement, the identity of the breaching User shall be provided to the injured User upon request.”

I questioned Tom Fell about that, and he started to go on about data protection, I then challenged his data protection claims as the buyer agrees the release of information upon breach. Also bearing in mind that this was a business transaction made under German Contract law between 2 business entities.

Knowing that he was out of his depth he passed it on to the SEDO legal counsel, who then replied that they were not obligated to release the email and telephone details, of course mentioning nothing about Data Protection.

I however managed to find the buyer myself, turns out they are a Media Company.

Anyone care to bet that thier account was not actually suspended! hence the reason for not releasing the email details.

This shows utter contempt for sellers in favour of the buyer.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am interested how you are able to track down the buyer yourself when Sedo bidding gives no details of the bidder?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When a contract is concluded the name and address of both parties are available on the contract.

From the address I tracked down the company and from the company I tracked down the bidder. Elementary my dear AlanH

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ahh.. that's right. I just forgot that they do reveal the name and address in the "contract".

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you going to name them here - it may be that they are multiple offenders, responsible for many non payments?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tracked down the buyers details myself.

Sedo Terms of Service States: Reaching an Agreement “Should either party fail to meet to their obligations under the respective agreement, the identity of the breaching User shall be provided to the injured User upon request.”

I questioned Tom Fell about that, and he started to go on about data protection, I then challenged his data protection claims as the buyer agrees the release of information upon breach. Also bearing in mind that this was a business transaction made under German Contract law between 2 business entities.

Knowing that he was out of his depth he passed it on to the SEDO legal counsel, who then replied that they were not obligated to release the email and telephone details, of course mentioning nothing about Data Protection.

I however managed to find the buyer myself, turns out they are a Media Company.

Anyone care to bet that thier account was not actually suspended! hence the reason for not releasing the email details.

This shows utter contempt for sellers in favour of the buyer.

all power to you namestrands! ;)
maybe you can bill sedo as well, as well as them waiving their 'fee'
if you are reading this sedo, buck your ideas up, or it's you that will be billed!
Top Boy!
Pred
Nb: I just checked my past 10 contracts. 8 have details. 2 have the data withheld. Means there is an option for them , somehow in the settings/control panel to withhold :greenconfused:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am of the belief that you may never catch a thief, but you will always catch a liar.

If the Buyer does not respond within the next 48 hours, I will post their details and hold SEDO bang to rights. I am also awaiting confirmation from a source reference the alleged suspension of the account.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Guys

First of all the “buyer’s” account most certainly is suspended. He cannot log into the account or use any of Sedo’s services.

Secondly, Sedo do not give out the email address or telephone number of clients based on a request from another client. I would think in general people would welcome this. Of course in some instances such as this, I recognize that this will frustrate good customers.

The name and address of the buyer will appear on the contract once the transaction is concluded and if that person has their contact information in the public domain, by all means contact them directly.

I would also like to add that we are in the process of improving how transactions are carried out and I have copied some of the text from a previous post I added a couple of days ago, because I feel it ties in with some of the discussions here:

We see a great benefit in being active on DNForum as it is place for frank discussion between Sedo and its clients. After all the success of Sedo is based on a partnership between us and people like you guys, whether it is marketplace transactions or PPC.

We recognize that as the company has grown and the industry has evolved, limitations to the current system have been exposed.

The bid verification system was the first step in adapting to these changes. I have been assured that planning updating the marketplace and the way transactions are processed is the top priority for our team this quarter. This will result in a major overhaul and I am certain that our clients will benefit greatly and welcome the changes.

Obviously due to the nature and size of a project like this, I cannot give a definitive time scale on when it will be implemented, but we hope to roll it out as soon as possible.

Finally, I would like to add that it is true that my colleagues and I do have a large email workload and it may take awhile to get a reply. However our direct telephone numbers are included on the email signature. I for one definitely recommend that you call me if you have a question/query/issue as I am more than happy to talk to you personally. I am a friendly bloke (I promise ;-) ) and I will endeavor to help as much as I can. I am in the US but can call you straight back.

Have a great weekend and I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Tom

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If that is the case then why HAVE you given the email details to others?

And what is the reason for not given the details NOW?

Secondly, Sedo do not give out the email address or telephone number of clients based on a request from another client.

Please do not try to belittle my request with such clandestine rhetoric. I made the request as I was involved in a transaction, it was hardly just a random request for client details.

Buyer has made contact and agreed to the sale. I will give SEDO the opportunity to complete this sale. This time Buyer pays all escrow fees.

Tom I have sent you an email, and I trust that you will do what is necessary.

I would however like to highlight that having the buyers Email details disclosed is the quickest way to resolve issues, and its something you really should consider.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Finally, I would like to add that it is true that my colleagues and I do have a large email workload and it may take awhile to get a reply. However our direct telephone numbers are included on the email signature.
Tom

How about getting some more people to work for you? I understand there is a lot to do and you might have no saying in who and how many people get hired, but not to have enough people is the worst excuse for a slow response time ..I know corporate profit pressure is always on and cost cuts etc.., but just think about how you feel when you are in line at the supermarket with 25 people in front of you with only one line open..I bet you would start complaining as well...

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namestrands, what did you do, to get the guy to agree to pay, that Sedo could have done, but didn't (what a crap sentence...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom