Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Not getting emails following TBR auction wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone not getting emails about where their successful .ca TBR wins are registered? I won 3 names in early July and got nothing in the promised "24 to 48 hours"

Didn't think much of it, sent them an email, went on vacation and checked my email a couple days ago and still nothing. Sent another email and haven't gotten a response.

I haven't PM'd pool.com yet as I assume he doesn't like getting his inbox flooded, but does anyone know of a better communication channel than their customer service email?

It's been a month, and I'd like to be able to change the DNS

thanks

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey spex,

Did you get an answer? If not, PM me with the details of your account and I'll track it down.

Richard

Is anyone not getting emails about where their successful .ca TBR wins are registered? I won 3 names in early July and got nothing in the promised "24 to 48 hours"

Didn't think much of it, sent them an email, went on vacation and checked my email a couple days ago and still nothing. Sent another email and haven't gotten a response.

I haven't PM'd pool.com yet as I assume he doesn't like getting his inbox flooded, but does anyone know of a better communication channel than their customer service email?

It's been a month, and I'd like to be able to change the DNS

thanks

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey pool.com, things are rolling now. Thanks

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation... again. Paid for immediately via credit card on file but still no email and no answer from pool. I really hate when they do this with expired traffic domains - or any domain for that matter. :sigh2:

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahh, one problem gets solved and another one starts.

So I go back and forth with someone from customer service at pool about trying to get my names out of the "partner registrars" and into somewhere where I can access the names and have control of them. He gives me the choice of transferring them to a registrar of my choice (and that this would cost money) or send them to domainsatcost.ca for free. I go for the domainsatcost.ca option and create an account there and provide Pool with my account name.

The day after, I get the CIRA emails and I accept them.

It's been a week and they still haven't appeared in my domainsatcost.ca account so I send them an email. They tell me they have the names but weren't told which account to send them to. Then they tell me to contact pool to straighten things out with them.

I sent pool an email 3 days ago and haven't heard anything.

How does this happen? How did Pool transfer my names to domainsatcost.ca without specifying which account to send them to? How and why did domainsatcost.ca accept and hold my names without asking Pool which account they belong to? Man, now I've got $650USD worth of names in limbo

I've given Pool the benefit of the doubt in the past, but now I'm starting to see why they get the bad reviews

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still haven't heard a peep from their customer service either - nor the registrar that is holding my domain....

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the game, but why can't the domains won by a partner be automatically sent to a Pool account or some other central location where we can access them?

Seems like a lot of the burden is being dumped on the customer here

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I hope the get their act together as they got me two more today.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Starting next week, I'm staying away from backordering at Pool until this is settled.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Starting next week, I'm staying away from backordering at Pool until this is settled.

I stopped using them for an entire year last time they pulled this quality of service - and I am seriously considering it again.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
9 days and 3 emails and not one peep from customer service at Pool.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have still yet to get anything from the registrars or CIRA for Wednesday's drop. I finally got an answer for last week - basically says I can transfer away after 30 days. Well no shiet.

I remember a time when you would promptly get an email from the gaining registrar telling you where your domain is, and who and how to contact for any changes in the first 30 days. That seems to be a complete afterthought now - or are Spex and I just the unlucky two?

Meanwhile I have a traffic domain sitting with pool's dns. They get the traffic on a domain I have already paid for. :upset:

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
12 days later and my 7 domains are finally under my control. What a joke

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have to say here to offer some balance that I have never had issues with pool and I use them every week.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Richard, the excuse I got was that your customer service rep was away last week.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but it was kind of a let down that everything was going so smoothly, all the CIRA requests were approved by me (7 in total) right away then boom...nothing for 12 days.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I also finally got the cira emails but nothing from the two registrars for this past Wednesday.

Why is it so hard to get this done? Some simple coding can make all this automatic! I don't always want to park each domain I buy for the first month so it's nice to know who/how to contact the gaining registrar for any changes in the first 30. We shouldn't have to wait weeks to get such information, go hunting for it, nor should we have to hound customer service reps at pool.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Richard: I still have residual problems from my original problem. You're customer service guys are a joke.

For the record, even though this thread was started a month ago, the issue has been going for longer than that.

You've just lost a customer. I'll be sure to let all my fellow domainers what kind of operation you're running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom