Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Not receiving sedo notification emails?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I logged into my account today and saw that there were offers which i never received email notification for.

Is anybody else having a similair problem?..

P.S. No i dont have any spamblockers enabled on that particular account so its not being blocked on my end.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
happened to me in jan ,after i send someone to sedo to make an offer - i accepted the offer ,but i never got any notification , so i notified sedo about this , but i guess the problem is still there , they never fixed it - they are simply to big and don't care anymore !

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah its kind of strange.. this was my first time listing a domain on Sedo and i didnt even go back to look because i never received any offer notifications.. kind of dissapointing because it probably means the guy who made the offer didnt receive my counter offer either..

Oh well.. guess the test on sedo gets a thumbs down if it has things like this going on.

doudy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange problem ..

for me a recieve mails SOMETIMES not always for offers ...

S

SedoCoUk

Hello there,

Just to categorically deny any accusations that we are too big to care, I thought I'd post a reply on this - as I do to all questions of this nature on DNF:

It is something we hear from time to time, but, judging by the 85 views and the 3 replies, it suggests it is not a massive failure in our system. Most of the time, it does come down to an email being dumped in the Junk box by the spam filter - even when many users are not aware that this is happening.

As far as your case is concerned, typins, have you contacted a Sedo CSR? I have seen you've been mainly pro-Sedo in your posts, and I would not like this incident to disillusion you in any way.

It seems we're damned if we do send these emails (see the post last week about Sedo sending 'irritating' email notification) and damned if the emails don't get through! I have forwarded this to our tech team so they can check if there is any bug in the system.

Obviously, to avoid any disappointment in such rare cases, we would recommend checking back in your account regularly for offers made on your domains.

If any of you do have bid threads which you think have been affected in this way, then you can naturally send me an email to [email protected] and I'll see if I can work anything out with the potential buyer for you.

Ed

Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have intermittent problems with my e-mail, and I assume I have missed quite a lot of e-mails from different people over the last few months.

I have also noticed that at least one of my ISP servers automatically takes out some e-mails it considers to be spam.

I have at least a couple of friends who work with domains who have also commented that some of their e-mail providers seem to do their job less than 100% adequately.

Just my 2 centavos.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

Yeah i didnt think it would be a massive failure, but i just thought i would try and see if it happened to anybody else.

I know they arent being blocked from my end as that particular email address i use is totally unprotected on both a server level and a spamarrest.com type of level. Thats the reason i use that particular email account, its also spam free as i only use it for things such as email notifications on important sites like your own :)

Yes i am mainly pro-sedo, i think your site is a great thing for the domain community in general and as i have mentioned i am testing out selling a domain or 2 on there and my experience has been favourable to this point.

I guess it just surprised me that i received email notifications for one domain which had an offer made but not for the other offers on a different domain.

I will forward which domain it is over to you and will see if we cant workout what is up with it.

Thanks for your help ed!

SedoCoUk said:
Hello there,

Just to categorically deny any accusations that we are too big to care, I thought I'd post a reply on this - as I do to all questions of this nature on DNF:

It is something we hear from time to time, but, judging by the 85 views and the 3 replies, it suggests it is not a massive failure in our system. Most of the time, it does come down to an email being dumped in the Junk box by the spam filter - even when many users are not aware that this is happening.

As far as your case is concerned, typins, have you contacted a Sedo CSR? I have seen you've been mainly pro-Sedo in your posts, and I would not like this incident to disillusion you in any way.

It seems we're damned if we do send these emails (see the post last week about Sedo sending 'irritating' email notification) and damned if the emails don't get through! I have forwarded this to our tech team so they can check if there is any bug in the system.

Obviously, to avoid any disappointment in such rare cases, we would recommend checking back in your account regularly for offers made on your domains.

If any of you do have bid threads which you think have been affected in this way, then you can naturally send me an email to [email protected] and I'll see if I can work anything out with the potential buyer for you.

Ed

Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom