Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Outbound transfer from Moniker.. What a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mcahn,

Thank you for the info.

I am in no way questioning your competence. Only pointing out that it is unfair to suggest that other Registrars have lost domains due to poor security systems...when infact it could happen with anybody managing a large pool of names.

btw I noticed you mentioned 'married for 4 years' as opposed to 'happily married for 4 years'.
Never mind, keep the faith bro :laugh:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zorro
mcahn,

Thank you for the info.

I am in no way questioning your competence. Only pointing out that it is unfair to suggest that other Registrars have lost domains due to poor security systems...when infact it could happen with anybody managing a large pool of names.

Mcahn's bluff has been called. He was unable to transfer that name I specified out of eNom, which he claimed was possible in this thread. Use of security fears as a selling tool is not a good thing.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JuniperPark

Mcahn's bluff has been called. He was unable to transfer that name I specified out of eNom, which he claimed was possible in this thread. Use of security fears as a selling tool is not a good thing.

JuniperPark:

you continue to convince me that you're the most clueless and immature domainer at DNF. you suggest that moniker should try to transfer your domain without authorization and then say that their bluff has been been called when they don't.

why on earth would they play along with your childish games? i hope monte doesn't even bother responding to you again because you're acting like a moron.

Android

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing android but I couldn't figure out the correct words to use. You did well.

Reaction score
I am glad I do not have to directly respond to JuniperPark's message as you guys have done it for me!

In any case, Yes happily married for 4 years with 2 great great kids.

Thanks for the support.

Don't worry JuniperPark, there is still time for you to redeem yourself and I would still service you.

Monte

shaw

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moving domains to Moniker to prevent domain hijacking is like moving to jail to prevent burglaries.

shaw

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, another domain theft from Verislime, so what else is new? Your example is nothing but scare tactics. You'd be more convincing if you can show how a domain locked at enom or opensrs can be stolen.

sumo

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by shaw
Your example is nothing but scare tactics. You'd be more convincing if you can show how a domain locked at enom or opensrs can be stolen.

can't agree more.

mcahn, would you care to enlighten us?

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
shaw and zeal:

i dont think monte is trying to use 'scare tactics' and i dont see why you need to continue to stir up crap in this thread.

he's just providing an example of why moniker goes beyond the average registrar to protect their customers' domains. domains do get hijacked. i say, the more protection the better. if you don't like it, then don't move your domains to moniker. it's pretty simple.

sumo

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mcahn
Having been a Premier reseller for NSI, ItsYourDomain.com, godaddy, BulkRegister, Register.com, TuCows, eNom and a few others, we instituted a transfer policy that the super majority of our customers love - highest in security. I personally know that someone can hijack a domain out of each of these other systems even if your domains are locked at the registry.

Android, please let mcahn explain his above quote.

All I want to learn how it is possible to transfer a domain out of eNom even if it is locked. I think we all deserve to know if there is a bug he knows..

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zeal2

Android, please let mcahn explain his above quote.

All I want to learn how it is possible to transfer a domain out of eNom even if it is locked. I think we all deserve to know if there is a bug he knows..

I called mcahn's bluff on this in another thread last week. I invited him to "steal" a specific locked domain name from my account. He now owes the other registrars an apology for slandering them.

M

mole

Originally posted by JuniperPark
He now owes the other registrars an apology for slandering them.

I think it not so much slandering but more of a wake-up call that the other registrars need.

Netsol has been known to lose a lot of names to theft because of history of how security was managed for the "old" names acquired in the "old" days pre 2000 more than anything else. Faxing evidence was like a religion then. But we all know that faxing and phone-calls has flaws the size of the Grand Canyon.

I believe that many people will be willing to pay big bucks to have an ultra-secured zone service for their best names, but not all names. Especially not those that resellers are aiming to sell for $100 or less.

The registrars are sitting on a gold-mine when it comes to this service. I wish eNom would just wake up and offer the option of a "Premium Security' service and charge $50-$100 per year per name for this.

The most important domain you must secure is the one linked to your admin email. Once that's compromised, its game over unless you want to go through lots of hassle.

Let's be productive and start a security thread instead which we can email to all registrars as a link to this forum ...

Everyone can contribute their ideas on bullet-proofing domain security there. :-D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNMole

Faxing evidence was like a religion then. But we all know that faxing and phone-calls has flaws the size of the Grand Canyon

Thats funny..did you know thats the very security Monte uses ? :laugh:

You have to call and convince him you are who you are and that you want the names transfered out..then you have to listen to the pressure sales tactics trying to convince you not to transfer out.

M

mole

Originally posted by bidawinner
You have to call and convince him you are who you are and that you want the names transfered out..then you have to listen to the pressure sales tactics trying to convince you not to transfer out.

hmm bid, that's very old school imho. Are you sure you got that right?

http://www.domainca.com recently grabbed a domain for me. It's a Korean registrar, but wait till you get into the Control Panel. It's got like cryptic authorization codes that is sent to your email for every single change you want to make, let alone transfer.

Which proves just one point. Your admin email is everything. Lose it, and you're history.

shaw

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android
shaw and zeal:

i dont think monte is trying to use 'scare tactics' and i dont see why you need to continue to stir up crap in this thread.

he's just providing an example of why moniker goes beyond the average registrar to protect their customers' domains. domains do get hijacked. i say, the more protection the better. if you don't like it, then don't move your domains to moniker. it's pretty simple.

He can do whatever he wants with his registrar and I got no problem with that, the problem is he's slandering good registrars like enom and opensrs, and using reports of domain theft from verisign to imply that only his registrar is secure. If this is not scare tactics, what is?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNMole

Let's be productive and start a security thread instead which we can email to all registrars as a link to this forum ...

Everyone can contribute their ideas on bullet-proofing domain security there. :-D

Excellent idea. I'll start.

A 3rd party (NOT a registrar, NOT Microsoft, NOT Netsol, NOT a domain business person) sets up a secure web site with a web based email facility. A membership fee is charged ($100/yr?), and an email account is issued. Membership is verified (maybe to a bank account like PayPal/Escrow.com) in at least 2 ways (voice phone call, must be able to answer questions). Password must be AT LEAST 12 random characters (includes numbers) chosen by host system.

Email traffic is accpepted in secure mode; all access to site is https. The is the only contact email for the domain.

OR, for registrars who participate, connection is only via secure channel XML, perhaps with encryption.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by shaw

He can do whatever he wants with his registrar and I got no problem with that, the problem is he's slandering good registrars like enom and opensrs, and using reports of domain theft from verisign to imply that only his registrar is secure. If this is not scare tactics, what is?

slandering good registrars? you make a perfect example of what's wrong with these treads and why most people lack the tact to participate. he never slanders opensrs or enom. he says he thinks his system is better. that's not slander. and now people that read this thread and see your poorly chosen words will think he has. and that's a shame.

Android

shaw

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android

slandering good registrars? you make a perfect example of what's wrong with these treads and why most people lack the tact to participate. he never slanders opensrs or enom. he says he thinks his system is better. that's not slander. and now people that read this thread and see your poorly chosen words will think he has. and that's a shame.

Android

Did you read his post as all? Here are his own words:

Having been a Premier reseller for NSI, ItsYourDomain.com, godaddy, BulkRegister, Register.com, TuCows, eNom and a few others [...]. I personally know that someone can hijack a domain out of each of these other systems even if your domains are locked at the registry.

He basically says those registrars (including enom and tucows/opensrs) are not secure even for locked domains, without providing any evidence. How is this not slandering? I've been reading domain forums for years and never heard of anybody making such a claim.

Reaction score
This is like the telephone game?!. Just to clarify one last time, I did NOT slander any another registrar. I simply made a point as a current and previous user of almost every registrar system out there. We have been working with all these systems for years, some as early as 1996. We continue to have many open accounts with all of these registrars to learn how to make systems and processes better and more secure.

What I stated was an example how our system prevents what most cannot - theft of domains. This happens to be one of the most prevailing problems in our industry.

I will not attempt to steal any of your domains to prove a point of how Moniker is more secure than others. If your names are here, they will not get stolen. It is as simple as that.

If you have the user name and PW of any of these other systems, you can steal a domain from the registrar. This cannot happen at Moniker.com.

Thanks to those that have really read my threads about this issue and the issue of how we may or may not respond to our customers needs.

Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom