Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Oversee and Moniker Recording Domain Searches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Domain was a 5L and i was scanning word + charectar Lists so like LLLL + C , domains like that

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I search for a domain and it is available , I register it then and there without any delay.

URLtrader

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I search for a domain and it is available , I register it then and there without any delay.

URLtrader

So do i ~ this is the one thing i have learned from Domaining that i apply in real life too when the moment is right grab the chance and do what you want to do dont let it go but in this case i was scanning huge lists and wanted to pick a few from each list

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always promoted Moniker. without a referral link, in my sig and in many chats/forums. I'll do that for places I use and respect above all others. A friend of mine in DNF and local to my house in Ottawa told me a couple of years ago it happend to him as well there. I considered it to be a coincidence since it's the only time I've heard of it and I use them for all my whois and domain availability exploring and it hasnt happend to me.

Hearing it again, and with all the changes going on at Moniker I really would like to know their take on this. I have 684 domains at Moniker now and would still keep them there even if they harvested our searches, but need to know my searches are secure to continue using that nice reg box.

Jack

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oversee registers many times more domain names than most anyone. If they were registering lookups similar to NSI, the majority of what you searched for that was available, they would have taken.

Why do you think they singled out this one name? The fact is they didn't. Statistically this sort of thing will continue to happen on rare occasions.

HuntingMoon

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
at least we know the collective intelligence of the community is high enough for registrars to pay for lots of domains that their customers are searching for. kudo's for us.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if they taste the name it will be not cost them any money, unless they keep it. If it is not available now, they might consider the domain a keeper.

WebsiteTraders.Com

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
on 23rd i saw softwaredevelopment.com available for registration n now its showing registered in 1997........is that possible?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oversee registers many times more domain names than most anyone. If they were registering lookups similar to NSI, the majority of what you searched for that was available, they would have taken.

Why do you think they singled out this one name? The fact is they didn't. Statistically this sort of thing will continue to happen on rare occasions.

i'd like to believe that

i am one of monikers biggest fans and have xxxx domains there. i had real concerns when the domainers friend moniker that monte built up was sold on.
i dont like oversee and some of their practices already

i just read on np a domainer searched for 15 on moniker and 10 have been took/tasted whatever.
i'm reading more and more this type of stuff. if we cant trust moniker, then we can trust none

about time a rep turned up to answer some concerns imo :?:

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
where's the rep? I would like them to confirm/deny speculation. I love moniker and have always championed them...

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok i have got an udpate i wasn't able to post because i was busy with friends and family , but o checked the same domain i think yesterday or the day before yesterday and it was dropped by moniker and was available again ! its obvious they were tasting it

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i use moniker bulk checked every day, it probably is a coincidence

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's important to know where these people are getting the domains they are checking! 9 times out of 10, they are seeing them in a "list of domains". It's also to note, that the reason for the list, is most likely a Pending Delete list or recently expired etc.

Remember, there are 6 BILLION people in this world. More and more are moving into domaining daily. When there are companies tasting 50K + by themself in one day, plus the many many other people tasting etc, a lot of domains are registered. If ICANN would put a stop to tasting, there would be a lot more domains for the hand regger's out there......

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's important to know where these people are getting the domains they are checking! 9 times out of 10, they are seeing them in a "list of domains". It's also to note, that the reason for the list, is most likely a Pending Delete list or recently expired etc.

Remember, there are 6 BILLION people in this world. More and more are moving into domaining daily. When there are companies tasting 50K + by themself in one day, plus the many many other people tasting etc, a lot of domains are registered. If ICANN would put a stop to tasting, there would be a lot more domains for the hand regger's out there......

It was not a list that i got somewhere but rather by own list for eg a wrod and an R at end etc i create them myself

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow things are getting shadier by the minute over at Moniker.

Does anyone have an account rep that actually responds to their email inquiries in a timely manner? If so I would like to know who so I can switch mine.

Reaction score
i have already addressed this rubbish on namepros...same post. Moniker does NOT share look up data with anyone...some registrars do. we do not...we also do not share look up info or availability checks with Oversee or any other individual or organization. its private and its always been private information.

If you looked up the domains on another registrar and tried to register the domains at Moniker, its possible that that other registrar shared the look up data to various bots and systems.

Thats it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom