Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Oversee and Moniker Recording Domain Searches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuntingMoon

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have already addressed this rubbish on namepros...same post. Moniker does NOT share look up data with anyone...some registrars do. we do not...we also do not share look up info or availability checks with Oversee or any other individual or organization. its private and its always been private information.

If you looked up the domains on another registrar and tried to register the domains at Moniker, its possible that that other registrar shared the look up data to various bots and systems.

Thats it!

Thanks for the clarification!

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have already addressed this rubbish on namepros...same post. Moniker does NOT share look up data with anyone...some registrars do. we do not...we also do not share look up info or availability checks with Oversee or any other individual or organization. its private and its always been private information.

If you looked up the domains on another registrar and tried to register the domains at Moniker, its possible that that other registrar shared the look up data to various bots and systems.

Thats it!

Thanks for replying i still think moniekr is the best don't know what happened here ? but i am positive it was reggd by oversee.net ,btw i am not the one over at NP but Thanks again for the reply and clarification , really appreciated :)

Reaction score
no problem...but you all should be aware that if you check availability on other registrars and other whois look ups, that information may be shared with auto registration systems, bots, and programs all over the web. this has been going on for 5 years like this. Moniker has chosen not to share or make this information public. the best way to avoid this is to check the domain during the registration process and proceed with the purchase...you will get the name 95%+ every time.

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like Godaddy is the only Registrar left who claims that they don't record searches.. however, I have run out of patience to be monitoring them.. so who knows.. ok.. now with this clarification.. Moniker too...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying Monte :)

Now about that paypal charge you charge.................:yes:
Even Godaddy don't charge that and it's against paypal tos dude

apostoli

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like Godaddy is the only Registrar left who claims that they don't record searches.. however, I have run out of patience to be monitoring them.. so who knows.. ok.. now with this clarification.. Moniker too...

I didn't know this data sharing/snooping was going on (presumed there were laws against it). Please tell me dynadot don't do it? Anyway, and by chance, I have been using the WWD / Godaddy bulk check (even though i do not use them all the time for regging :blush:) for over 2 years. Probably checked around 1,000,000 domains (yep 500 at a time). Never seen one taken by them. Not my fave registrar but 10/10 for integrity in this area at least.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no problem...but you all should be aware that if you check availability on other registrars and other whois look ups, that information may be shared with auto registration systems, bots, and programs all over the web. this has been going on for 5 years like this. Moniker has chosen not to share or make this information public. the best way to avoid this is to check the domain during the registration process and proceed with the purchase...you will get the name 95%+ every time.
An honest answer for Moniker et al. The way to do it is to do your availability lookups via whois/TCP/port 43 and not HTTP at the sites of these grogans.

Go via rs.internic.net:43 and they will do you a 'referral whois' which the grogans don't log.

Last edited:

potus

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa,

thank you for that info.. I have been got two too many times by the dirty tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom