Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Own Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SDX - Not sure what you mean?

Woflis - It's on the list. We had already planned on adding them, it just seems that IE and Firefox use different code and it caused some problems.

Donny

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SDX - Not sure what you mean?

Sounds like some of the links on the 2 click lander when clicked bring up a page but with no ads. At least that's what I took from SDX's comments.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When that happens you can just remove the keyword from the list...it's ok to click on the first links on the 2 click lander to check to make sure you have ads coming up..and I make sure to do this on all my names...as long as you don't click those second advertiser links you should be ok! Don't be scared to check it out! ;)

Chris

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And if anybody ever finds something that isn't returning results, please let me know. We have systems in place that should not allow pages with 0 results.

Donny

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some of the links on the 2 click lander when clicked bring up a page but with no ads. At least that's what I took from SDX's comments.

Yes...exactly! :)

When that happens you can just remove the keyword from the list...it's ok to click on the first links on the 2 click lander to check to make sure you have ads coming up..and I make sure to do this on all my names...as long as you don't click those second advertiser links you should be ok! Don't be scared to check it out! ;)

Chris

Thanks, its just kind of hard to check this for a couple thousand domains! :lol:

And if anybody ever finds something that isn't returning results, please let me know. We have systems in place that should not allow pages with 0 results.

Donny

Thanks Donny...I know I saw some before.
I will try to slowly sift through my portfolio to check it again.
The biggest issue is that people from other countries receive different links...so I wouldn't know whether they actually see any or not...:worried:
Also, Donny, would you PLEASE reconsider allowing .BE domains to Parked.com?

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when customizing templates, do my uploaded images need to be exactly the size as specified (landing page - 385w x 261h, and results page - 250w x 251h) ?? or can they be smaller?

if not i don't see quite what's the point. if i have to constrain the image size to be exact then it will disort most to any pics i would likely use so they look pretty unappealing. i will never find all the images in that exact size.

i have made them smaller for now. is there a way to check the pages to see how they look without having to type them in the browser? dont want to inflate my own numbers.

thanks! it looks like parked is working hard to improve. kudos :eek:k: nothing worse than faux looking pages imo, no reason for it. can't wait to juice these babies up to look more like real webpages.

HJ

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, your images when you upload them must be the exact sizes that we say or they won't work. There are plenty of online image editors or free downloads that allow you to resize images. In the future we may offer something like this ourselves, but right now we do not.

Donny

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I neutrally recommend resizepic.com ...I ABSOLUTELY have NO affiliation with this website...I just like how easy it is to use online. :)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see an actual list of restricted uses of these photos - what I mean is what can or can't we do?

Can we use nudity-hardcore?
Can we put words in the photos like - picture of Vancouver harbour with the words "boat cruise"?

I'm guessing no to the hardcore and yes to the mundane words in photos.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes but resizing images will distort them unless they are similar proportion. for instance, if i have a pic that is 500 x 500, then that would easily reduce to fit the results page image (250 x 251) because they are proprtional. However if i had an image that is 350 x 500, i don't understand how one would resize the image with distorting it (ie. making images look really wide and fat, or really narrow and skinny. I resized an image of a person to fit the exact size and it comes out looking like when you look into the mirror at a funhouse :lol:

i guess i will have to try cropping them first then resizing them.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paintbrush works great for me! take a screenshot, crop, center, resize, save as .jpeg bam!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whitebark - I won't say what you can and what you can't put up there. But I can say we haven't stopped anybody from putting anything up yet, and really don't have any plans to either. The only thing I ask is that the images match the domain or the keyword. Remember that advertisers sometimes go to the domains so you don't want some hardcode pics with a auto parts domain/keywords.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom