Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked Not Near What They Once Were!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's with the look Donny? Looks like you would rather be elsewhere!

Probably just .mobi fatigue, which can develop rapidly when your confronted with too many .mobi's

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The person to the left of me in the picture is Michael Ward who is our new marketing director, he was formerly the marketing director for PIR/.org.

We did buy a few domains, but to be honest with you I don't really remember many of them. I remember buying the one from sashas, but not until he reminded me. I remember a few that I lost because I thought I would have gone higher. But overall it wasn't a bad auction.

Donny

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We did buy a few domains, but to be honest with you I don't really remember many of them. I remember buying the one from sashas, but not until he reminded me. I remember a few that I lost because I thought I would have gone higher. But overall it wasn't a bad auction.

Donny

I have to ask Donny; Does Parked cherry pick through customer portfolios, as a way to find domains and make inquires? I recall after adding a particular domain to my account, I received a high number of inquires from resellers using gmail accounts, then it completely fizzed out.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We don't need any further advice from anyone located in Texas regarding American politics and where we are now opposed to 8 years ago... and don't blame it on 9/11, (unless of course, you're running for office yourself on the "fear" platform".)
Worth framing.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus - Yes we have a long term contract in place right now.

Donny

I think this is very good news for all of us...parked is going BIG for 2008 :eek:k:
If MS does gets into play with this advertising monster (Yahoo) it's just going to bring more advertisers into our arena and I believe there will be even more money to go around, a dedicated Yahoo/MS feed could prove to be invaluable and I think parked customers should be very excited right now..

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to ask Donny; Does Parked cherry pick through customer portfolios, as a way to find domains and make inquires? I recall after adding a particular domain to my account, I received a high number of inquires from resellers using gmail accounts, then it completely fizzed out.

We have not contacted any of our customers about purchasing any domains that they own. I have on one occasion mentioned to one of our customers that if he ever decided to sell his entire portfolio, 3000+ domains to let me know as we would be interested in buying them. But that was just kind of in passing and in an email.

We have purchased a few domains at auction that were parked with us, but we didn't find out until after we had already purchased the domain. Then again we have purchased domains at an auction before that we owned in the past and didn't even realize it.

If you have been contacted lately about somebody wanting to buy your domains, it's probably from the guys from digipawn.com and offshoring.com, they are actively looking for domains and they resell them each day. They didn't like the prices I wanted for my domains. :)

Now if a customer contacted us about buying their domains we would look at them, the problem is we are very picky on what we own.

Donny

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The person to the left of me in the picture is Michael Ward who is our new marketing director, he was formerly the marketing director for PIR/.org.

Where can I see some pictures? :?:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this TQ crap is killing me.......very hard to believe that my RPC is dropping so hard and so fast......:(

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny,

Can you honestly say something is not going on right now with Parked RPC? I have over 500 domains now with parked, and in the past month my revenue has dropped by almost 75%, and I have changed nothing on my end. I just went back and looked at the historic CTR for one of my good money makers (I track everything on a daily basis), and the average CTR at parked looked like this November'07 (13.56%CTR), December'07 (11.94%CTR), January'08 (14.28%CTR), February'08 (1.36% CTR)...I have never had less that a 8% CTR on any day in th past 6 months for this domain, with most days being in the 15-20% CTR range. Now, all of a sudden, i am having 0.86% CTR and 2% CTR? With basically the same # of visitors each day.

Looking from a statistics point of view, it is almost impossible for a CTR to change by that much, so quickly, with nothing being changed on my end. It has to be your end, and I don't understand why it was fine for the past 3 months and now it is dropping like mad! Hell, i could potentially be making more money in the stock market right now.

I mean, i have loved parked for the past year. I have had no problems really...you guys have been honest and everything was win-win...but I am getting the feeling lately that you guys are hiding something. My profits (and other based on the feedback from the different threads) can not be dropping so drastically for no reason. And if you guys know the reason, and how to fix it, information would be greatly appreciated.

Hell, even just telling us that you are seeing the problem from your end and you currently don't have any idea how to fix it but your workig on it it would be nice to know. I just feel like we are all seeing this, and no one at parked wants to admit it publicly.

Any feedback would be appreciated....

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's the TQ score...seems to be the easiest excuse....:(..

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zaan - This could have been answered a lot easier if you sent me something not on a forum, but since you asked. Nothing is wrong with Parked. Many people have higher RPC than before, but some do have lower. The first thing I would do is look at that new graph we added last week and you will see where most of the problem are. TQ scores are calculated based on conversions for the advertiser, but a lot of it relies on the quality of your traffic. If you have a low TQ score, even though Yahoo told me differently, it seems people with low TQ scores are getting paid less in 2008 than they did in 2007. Which that is the way it was supposed to work from the beginning.

And about your "popular" domain with low CTR, I would assume it's the keyword. Maybe try somehting that is more popular especially based on the traffic.

Sorry we aren't hiding anything from you. Everybody's case is always a little different but yours is easy. I don't see a problem with Yahoo or Ask, I see a TQ problem on your account. If you improve some of the traffic and work on your keywords your score and CTR will definitely go higher.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not answer for parked, but I have done my own analytics since the beginning of the year, and its official; some people hate domainers and are on a mission to cause damage and it is very likely that they are members of this forum.

I use framed redirects in order to track every visitor, bot and hack attempt. What I found is that some people are manipulating the stats on my domains. I had referrers that would target 50+ domains at a time, when tracking back the referrers some had no mention of my domains and some had linked it into CSS code even a few had them listed as 1 pixel images.

It is possible that the odd domain was used in the past by someone else and their code still exists, however that would not explain the fact that literally hundreds of my domains were targeted (some even in alphabetical order).

As a test I listed a load of 4 letter .coms on this site, and within 2 hours these domains were getting hit by numerous proxies and hack attempts in the order in which they were listed.

I managed to catch two of the people who were redirecting fake traffic to my domains and they are being dealt with. One ISP has terminated the users dedicated server the other has been suspended.

How serious is this?, well I can tell you that I have blocked 400+ ips and 90 referrers, I am one of the lucky ones I guess that has caught onto this and taken appropriate action .

The consequences of this type of domainer targeting is a serious one as you can imagine the outcome.

Just a word or warning to these anti-domainers, I will catch up with you sooner or later.

An excuse from one of the caught scammers. "I gave my friend access to my ftp to do some SEO work, I had no idea what he was doing. I will make sure he stops"

Consequence, this guy just got his company website and store terminated.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
could this be happening to sites at parked??

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All my domains are at parked.. it appears that some people are using our keyword domains to pull more keywords from my parked site to fill up there pages with SEO content.

I have a script that flags different referrers from the same IP it filters it out and bans the IP until I investigate it, so it doesn't affect my stats. I would advise everyone to just check there traffic to make sure its not manipulated by others, as maintaining TQ is essential.

I am happy to assist any exclusive member if they would wish to do the same.

digitalfog

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can not answer for parked, but I have done my own analytics since the beginning of the year, and its official; some people hate domainers and are on a mission to cause damage and it is very likely that they are members of this forum.

I use framed redirects in order to track every visitor, bot and hack attempt. What I found is that some people are manipulating the stats on my domains. I had referrers that would target 50+ domains at a time, when tracking back the referrers some had no mention of my domains and some had linked it into CSS code even a few had them listed as 1 pixel images.

It is possible that the odd domain was used in the past by someone else and their code still exists, however that would not explain the fact that literally hundreds of my domains were targeted (some even in alphabetical order).

As a test I listed a load of 4 letter .coms on this site, and within 2 hours these domains were getting hit by numerous proxies and hack attempts in the order in which they were listed.

I managed to catch two of the people who were redirecting fake traffic to my domains and they are being dealt with. One ISP has terminated the users dedicated server the other has been suspended.

How serious is this?, well I can tell you that I have blocked 400+ ips and 90 referrers, I am one of the lucky ones I guess that has caught onto this and taken appropriate action .

The consequences of this type of domainer targeting is a serious one as you can imagine the outcome.

Just a word or warning to these anti-domainers, I will catch up with you sooner or later.

An excuse from one of the caught scammers. "I gave my friend access to my ftp to do some SEO work, I had no idea what he was doing. I will make sure he stops"

Consequence, this guy just got his company website and store terminated.

Agreed on all counts! We run/lease dedicated servers from four different providers in the U.S. The amount of hacking/spoofing/redirects/proxy assaults is a little disturbing. (My reference starts in 1993 when I started an ISP.) It seems that *anything you put out there comes under hacker/scammer scrutiny immediately. And parked domain names seem to becoming the new target.

Too bad we don't yet have a good form of Internet justice. Wild West style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom