Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

paypal WILL NOT unfreez my account!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After hundreds of emails, making sites, my lawyer contacting them, sending FSA complaint, some MORON :dead: from paypal ( [email protected] ) sent me an email stating my account will remain frozen and the funds in it for 180 days, then i can withdraw funds and go back trading normally with paypal. For god sakes, i picked up the phone instantly called paypal, demanded to talk to a manager, waited on the line OVER 1 hour 20 min this is REAL! finally someone so called "manager" comes on the line and says its to protect paypal from charge backs. Most of the money in that account has been in my account for 4 month already, about $1,000 was from MY OWN BANK FUNDS i added!!

Now i have 2 options :

1 - Wait for 180 days and get annoyed paypal profiting from my $6,000
2 - Ask the people who paid me to backcharge me (claim money back via paypal)

Which do you guys think i should do?

BTW, i finally after all the weeks of built in tention gave up and swore for at least 2 mins to the manager ^^ after felt so much better, certainly recommend it to all who have the same UNSOLVABLE issue.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not that long, don't be a weiner, just wait, and all will be well..

Not long to the eyes of someone who uses it rarely maybe, i used to use it everyday, not to mention i used to pay for all my servers via paypal, and many other recurring billings which will eventually all be cancelled. i would say 6 month is pretty long time to wait! :-(

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
It's not that long, don't be a weiner, just wait, and all will be well..
that is not long? that is 6 MONTH. and for 6K, that is a long time for them to hold his cash. my former pardner, martin23 has/had in a simular issue.

He sold something on eBay, and the buyer got mad, and paypal froze his account so he could not even ADD FUNDS to pay the guy back.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i bought a worldpay and a 2checkout account, but the problem is most people i deal with all with to pay me with paypal and i have to say i can't accept :-(

paypal is widely used to send and recieve money in alot of forums / sites nowdays. i want google to CRUSH paypal with their new payment processor which will hopefuly come soon (i made it very clear to the manager about my feelings too )

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel for you csite.net, especially with that level of money tied up by paypal.

I had some rough treatment from paypal - but fortunately had very little money frozen.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would read up on Visa/Mastercard guidelines. I believe the timeframe for chargebacks is only 120 days. I work for a web billing company and 120 days is the norm. In rare circumstances someone can go back 180 days, but they usually stay within the 120 days.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they had $6000 of mine you would find me camped out in front of their building. When I was in the mortgage business a certain well known bank(1)'s :) mortgage division use to refuse to give my company payoffs because we were refinancing so many of their customers. After the first few taking weeks I decided to make a trip to their local branch and ask for one I needed. They told me they couldn't give it to me and I would have to get it from their main office via snail mail. I asked to speak with a manager and was told he was at lunch. I informed them I needed the payoff that day and I would be outside handing out business cards if they had any further questions. Minutes later the manager who was out to lunch walked out with my payoff. Needless to say after the first few they were very happy to fill my requests for payoffs.

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wait for the 180 days.
God says waiting is better rather then doing something unethical.
Money is saved, it wont freeze or flow.

Regards

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameMogul.com said:
If they had $6000 of mine you would find me camped out in front of their building. When I was in the mortgage business a certain well known bank(1)'s :) mortgage division use to refuse to give my company payoffs because we were refinancing so many of their customers. After the first few taking weeks I decided to make a trip to their local branch and ask for one I needed. They told me they couldn't give it to me and I would have to get it from their main office via snail mail. I asked to speak with a manager and was told he was at lunch. I informed them I needed the payoff that day and I would be outside handing out business cards if they had any further questions. Minutes later the manager who was out to lunch walked out with my payoff. Needless to say after the first few they were very happy to fill my requests for payoffs.

Likewise, especially since I live 5 minutes away from their customer service headquarters :p

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can you get another paypal account via using other creditcard/bank account?

you can but i wont recommend it at all... if you want your funds to be frozen go ahead :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom