Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

paypal WILL NOT unfreez my account!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
1 personal and 1 business ONLY i think.
That's what I thought, too. But from....

dvestors said:
They froze it b/c I had two different verified accounts. One was for a professional business(operates mainly offline, but it needed a paypal account for various purposes), the other was for personal use (domaining/websites/etc).
... it appears that that is not allowed after all? :huh:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is weird.
what do they care how many accounts you have?
if it is in me name (thats what multiple accounts mean right) and if someone did something illegal, they can cancel them all.
Iave 1 that is a business verified account, but I also want a personal one...
I am going to send a question to them.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get everything in writing from paypal, or record their voices :-( else they come back saying something else to you the next day (i had the experience first hand, being lied to over 20 times :'( )

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PayPal.is (Csite.net's sig) said:
to all the spammers who want this domain, ITS NOT FOR SALE! we MAKE NO profit from it, again ITS NOT FOR SALE!

Hey one question: why is the paypal.us address for sale at afternic?

http://www.afternic.com/name.php?domain=paypal.us&ref_id=31680

Seller sold software that was not authorized to sell.

Buyers would have to pay 30 to the real software owner to make the software useable. Why is fo chargeing for something that I can get a free at the authorized site? Basicly he sold a FREE trial version of someone else's software.

I filed this about a software that I bought at a site, and got this:

paypal sucks said:
Step 2 - Investigation deferred

This claim did not meet PayPal’s filing requirements. For specific details on the outcome of this case, please visit the Resolution Center and see the Complaint Details.
Damn!

We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am not selling it ;) i dont know why its there, it will remain on my account untill paypal unfreez my funds, then i will hand it back over to them.

lilian

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
that is weird.
what do they care how many accounts you have?
if it is in me name (thats what multiple accounts mean right) and if someone did something illegal, they can cancel them all.
Iave 1 that is a business verified account, but I also want a personal one...
I am going to send a question to them.

Post their reply here, please :rolleyes:

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
After hundreds of emails, making sites, my lawyer contacting them, sending FSA complaint, some MORON :dead: from paypal ( [email protected] ) sent me an email stating my account will remain frozen and the funds in it for 180 days, then i can withdraw funds and go back trading normally with paypal. For god sakes, i picked up the phone instantly called paypal, demanded to talk to a manager, waited on the line OVER 1 hour 20 min this is REAL! finally someone so called "manager" comes on the line and says its to protect paypal from charge backs. Most of the money in that account has been in my account for 4 month already, about $1,000 was from MY OWN BANK FUNDS i added!!

Now i have 2 options :

1 - Wait for 180 days and get annoyed paypal profiting from my $6,000
2 - Ask the people who paid me to backcharge me (claim money back via paypal)

Which do you guys think i should do?

BTW, i finally after all the weeks of built in tention gave up and swore for at least 2 mins to the manager ^^ after felt so much better, certainly recommend it to all who have the same UNSOLVABLE issue.

I missed something here. Could you post the reason why your account was frozen. At least I and others will know what to be wary of.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PayPal purposedly waits until one's balance is relatively high before "suspending" ...

It's best to keep one's PayPal balance under say $1000 or so at all times - that alone greatly reduces "problems"; a drawback though is this approach effectively limits one's volume to at most a couple of thousand per month since lots of rapid transfer-outs will likely result in "suspension" and/or PayPal taking funds back (reversing withdrawals) - yes, PayPal can do that!!

Digressed a bit there ... anyways, at this point CSite.Net is likely going to have to wait it out until the 6 months is up ... PayPal's agreement is very clear about the 6 months and there's little way out of that - there have been/are some lawsuits regarding PayPal holding money, but not sure what's happened with them - regardless, most anything you do legally will likely take more than 6 months.

Finally, anyone who relies only on PayPal is asking for trouble - PayPal is NOT FDIC insured, is NOT a bank, and is basically NOT a regulated financial institution ... lack of consumer protections - as your experience well illustrates :(

Ron

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.paypalsucks.com/merchant-account.shtml check that one out

$15/Month Merchant Account Service Fee & Secure Payment Gateway Access Fee
2.39% VISA/MasterCard Discount Rate.
$0.30/Transaction Fee - Includes $0.05 Address Verification Security
$10/Monthly Minimum Processing Fee - You will be charged this even if you have no sales. If you do have sales, then your sales total is multiplied by the rate and the fees total is applied to offset this minimum.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lilian said:
Post their reply here, please :rolleyes:

well, they effectively said 'no'.
I can not have 2 accounts in my name.
they said I can have an account in my business name as an entity, but not 2 in my name (even though i own my business).
weird...

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My paypal account got frozen awhile back because someone who bought a domain from me complaint because he didn't know he had to renew the domain (he wasn't from dnforum). Fortunately, I have heard stories about paypal freezing accounts, and I immediately transfer any funds in my paypal account to my bank account as soon as I receive payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom