Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Please advise registrar for reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a newbie to this scene. I need advice.

Who is a good registrar for registering for reselling purposes? Considering that I've never transfered a domain before, basically I am asking not only price but price/ease of transferring out (however that is done).

Also I am trust-sensitive; I would prefer to go with someone accredited because I was SCREWED once and lost the domain name.

I am thinking godaddy.com.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion.

I'm direct reseller of the following:

OperSRS, Enom and godaddy (wwd).

I preferred enom because of standard feature such as URL/web/email forwarding, dns management and easy transfer to another account.

I used them to gather information and trend of the business.

- OpenSRS provide php API.
- Enom provide php API and template (ex. www.needname.com & www.domaincheap.com, I used domaincheap.com as example because of modified home page of template)
- Wildwestdomain provide template, they will also offer API though no estimated date.

Most of resellers here provide FREE $8.95 sub-reseller account e.g. Enom Technology Partner (ETP) or sub-resellers. I suggest that you try the FREE reseller account for $8.95. If you think this is good for your business plan, then slowly upgrade this to $7.85 down to $6.95.

Let me know if you need an account and don't hesitate to send me pm or email.

tw

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply; it is more informative than I can handle right now; I will have to look up what your abbreviations mean, etc.

All I know is that my list of decent unregistered .com's is starting to grow to 'like 40 I made up this morning and at the same time I'm really not sure how much time I should be spending on this. :)

So I'm kind of in a dilemma.

I guess I will have to make time.

I will re-read your reply and look up what you're talking about in a moment.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any question in mind regarding reseller support and technical, I'll be glad to help.

goodluck to you.
tw

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not too clear on enom: how is a reseller account different from a normal one, how is the name-only price ($5.99/yr?) different from the reseller name-only price, and what is the cost to transfer-out a domain (ie. sell it)?

And what's the difference between me going through you or through them?

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i will try to look up their help section so as not to burden you; you have been very helpful

But after all that domain-testing I think I'm losing my eyesight! :)

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well $5.99/year is for names that do not need DNS... If you will need to add DNS, prepare to pay extra :)

ps. I will suggest enom for reselling

Johnm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is enom's name-only service suitable for reselling?

What is the proceedure and cost to transfer domain to someone else in this case?

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can do the name-only service to resell for $5.99/yr though you can't use it unless you pay $3.99 to activate the domain name, then you may transfer this to another registrar. For enom reseller to another reseller, push a domain name is FREE. From enom to other registrar, you have to pay final (destination) registrar transfer fee between $8.75-$35.

The name-service is being use by some companies to protect other domain name related to their services and products, not necessary accessible to the site.

Hope this help.
tw

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggest you go with enom.

I do not like enom's $5.99 name only, because you have to pay more when you want to sell it or use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom