Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Please Give your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there needs to be a couple different appraisal forums.

One may be the general one for people looking for appraisals by anyone.

Another maybe where you have to get you name approved by a certain mod or something to tell weather its even worth putting up for appraisals. To stop good names from being bumped down the list buy names like. "MyCoolHomeEquityNet.org" because people just dont want to see that happen its frustrating.

Also maybe an Exclusive only appraisal forum or seperate them by memberships.

Anybody have thoughts on this or anything relating to this?

Upvote 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always said the appraisals are a waste of time.

People lowball bcause they want to buy the names if they are any good. Most people just post there to hear themselves type as they post crap.

Any names with true value cannot be evaluated by 95% of the board members simply because they do not have the knowledge to evaluate it properly.

That said, I speak with a member here before I buy a name and get his appraisal and he does the same with me, this way we both always know whether its worth it and we have the integrity to stay away from each other potential buys. In other words we consult before we buy to make sure we are getting a good deal. This to me is a more valued way to appraise. I will follow this string before deciding what to do.

-=DCG=-

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think appraisals end up being an easy way for new members of this industry to learn from their mistakes. 90% of the names posted in that forum are by newer domainers and 90% of those names get quickly blasted and called worthless. While this probably isn't that most kind way of doing things, hopefully it helps newbies register and buy better names in the future.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very rarely will you find a high end domain for appraisal as the people that own them know what they are worth.

-=DCG=-

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, DotComGod, in that case, can i PM you a domain name before acquire it, to know what do you think about and not make any more mistakes ?, you know, something like mentor-apprentice thing :pray:

Sorry for my poor english

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Argie said:
Ok, DotComGod, in that case, can i PM you a domain name before acquire it, to know what do you think about and not make any more mistakes ?, you know, something like mentor-apprentice thing :pray:

Sorry for my poor english

better to catch me on msn,

msn id is [email protected]

-=DCG=-

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always said the appraisals are a waste of time.

People lowball bcause they want to buy the names if they are any good. Most people just post there to hear themselves type as they post crap.

Any names with true value cannot be evaluated by 95% of the board members simply because they do not have the knowledge to evaluate it properly.

This is absolutely true if you are thinking of "appraisal" in the literal sense of the word. If a person is just trying to find a value for purposes of buying and selling; you're right, the section is worthless and maybe even dangerous.

But I think there are other reasons for posting a domain beyond wanting to know what people think the resell value is.

One of my few appraisal requests was "bluerayplayers.com". I didn't post this domain because I wanted to know how much people thought I could sell it for. I posted it because I wanted to find out 1) what do others know/think about blu-ray technology, 2) how does this particular domain fit it, and 3) do people think it has value for me or someone else, parked or developed.

Regardless of valuations, the appraisal section is the only place on the forum to get discussion and feedback on domain names that you own. I think that potential for discussion and feedback is the true value of the section, not the actual dollar value appraisals. If there were a lot less domains posted, there would likely be a lot more discsussion of those domains that are posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom