Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

political Politics

DapperJohn

Level 3
Reaction score
No, if you listen to the Gupta Podcast, you will clearly hear that he states he is not libertarian and has only been classified as such because of his belief on gun rights.

Also, they talk about the medicinal purposes of marijuana.
He literally voted for a Libertarian.

"Rogan later revealed during a live election night podcast that he voted for Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen"

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He literally voted for a Libertarian.
So does that make you a libertarian? How about when he voted independent for Bernie?

Edit: Bernie was on the Democrat ticket so that would make him a Democrat.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just making sure I have politics right. My Congressperson voted against Trump but is a Republican. She might switch tickets as she might be pushed out, who knows. I just want to make sure that I understand your logic, @DapperJohn. Hypothetically she switches to the Democrat ticket and I vote for her, does that make me any less Republican or right-leaning?

This is a bizarre world if your vote justifies what you are over your principles.

DapperJohn

Level 3
Reaction score
Rogan says he's a Libertarian, votes for a Libertarian for President.

amplify - that doesn't make him a Libertarian :D You and mr-x are one in the same.

Maybe Joe is lying and amplify knows more about his views than he does.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just told you in my lost post, literally. You and mr-x share this thing where you flat out don't read for some reason. Read my lost post again.
So even though he states he's not libertarian in his latest Podcast and goes as far as saying that social programs need to expand — something far from libertarian — he's only libertarian because of 1 vote? 🤔

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1634529798361.png

Not lost any more.
1634529775759.png

“I don’t give a f*** if you’re a Republican or a Democrat. I share ideas from both sides,” Rogan told Baker. “I’m kind of a hybrid in a lot of ways. I’m a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I’m a big supporter of the military. But I’m very liberal, I’m socially very liberal. I don’t buy this idea that I have to be a part of one party or another party.” - Joe Rogan, 2021.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
“I don’t give a f*** if you’re a Republican or a Democrat. I share ideas from both sides,” Rogan told Baker. “I’m kind of a hybrid in a lot of ways. I’m a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I’m a big supporter of the military. But I’m very liberal, I’m socially very liberal. I don’t buy this idea that I have to be a part of one party or another party.” - Joe Rogan, 2021.
You and I can see it for truth. The problem here is the progressive left. They have to dismiss Joe as being left because he doesn't adhere to the narrative, therefore he can't be left and is libertarian because of one vote.

Oh, and to discredit his opinion because he smokes marijuana, something they are pushing decriminalization for anyway. These gymnastics boggle my mind.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1634531816109.jpg

Tell me you're in a cult without telling me you're in a cult.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when your checking off boxes on the intersectional scale of woe instead of checking credentials.

1634558155636.png

A shipping company should have bought a painting from Hunter and dropped the name of a better candidate.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1635020077022.png

No. That sums up democrat control of our corporate and social media. Over 300 Americans are still captive in Afghanistan.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Screenshot from 2021-10-28 09-54-06.png

Because they haven't counted the unsigned mail in ballots or the hundreds of mib mailed to the university parking lot.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad free community college was chopped from the "build back better" deal.

Not only because I think it's a waste where government gets involved in education—prime example K12—but because it also puts low income and minorities in a worse position than before.

I mean, logically think about this. Right now, a high school diploma or GED is required for most jobs. If community college is free, you're raising the bar for the talent pool that a company wants, excluding people you're trying to help.

If the bill was really about infrastructure you'd think that we'd have empathy to really help people as well as maintain that infrastructure for generations to come by tossing people in a trade school instead; a social studies degree is not going to fix that pothole.

It'll probably still end up passing sooner or later.

...and when that happens, it'll just make me question my service more. I grew up, and still believe, that if you are willing to give your life up for your country you deserve more than a "thank you", like free school. I worked real hard and spent countless hours awake at night to pull off an MBA, but most veterans only achieve a bachelors degree, which will lose the weight it once carried. Also, think of those who just sign the line for 4 years of service so they can get a college degree, and now are obligated to that, but then this passes to have given them free school... going to be disgruntled service members for sure.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad free community college was chopped from the "build back better" deal.

Not only because I think it's a waste where government gets involved in education—prime example K12—but because it also puts low income and minorities in a worse position than before.

I mean, logically think about this. Right now, a high school diploma or GED is required for most jobs. If community college is free, you're raising the bar for the talent pool that a company wants, excluding people you're trying to help.

If the bill was really about infrastructure you'd think that we'd have empathy to really help people as well as maintain that infrastructure for generations to come by tossing people in a trade school instead; a social studies degree is not going to fix that pothole.

It'll probably still end up passing sooner or later.

...and when that happens, it'll just make me question my service more. I grew up, and still believe, that if you are willing to give your life up for your country you deserve more than a "thank you", like free school. I worked real hard and spent countless hours awake at night to pull off an MBA, but most veterans only achieve a bachelors degree, which will lose the weight it once carried. Also, think of those who just sign the line for 4 years of service so they can get a college degree, and now are obligated to that, but then this passes to have given them free school... going to be disgruntled service members for sure.

I think most countries in EU provide free higher education but they rely on America for defense.

I'm not sure how big of a factor tuition is when joining the military; You still have to save but the Gov matches funds. I think most people want to server their country, the benefits make it easier.

The thought police will be the biggest deterrent for military service. People will still join to serve but it's not as attractive, unless you need surgery.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think most countries in EU provide free higher education but they rely on America for defense.
I knew I couldn't afford college, but it also wasn't the main reason why I joined. I joined the Marines when I could've joined any other branch, too. The stories recruiters had made every other branch beside the Marines sound a bore. And I can pretty much affirm that I lived 20+ years of life most people may have in my short 1 enlistment career. 😆

In retrospect, we're all paid the same and the job was arguably easier on the Air Force side. If I had joined the AF, I would probably still see myself in it to this day until I was old and frail and they had to kick me out. I see that as basically a multinational corporation that allows you to relocate just about anywhere after some time or get on a duty to do a humanitarian mission or something or go to practically every country in the world during service, for service or on leave (vacation) since you'd be in or so close to travel friendly busy and cheap hubs.

You still have to save but the Gov matches funds.
When I joined, you had to pay $100 per month for 12 months to be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill (free school essentially). There has since been The Post 9/11 GI Bill and opting into that one is free. So if you joined when I did, or prior to that, and opted to use the GI Bill over the Montgomery GI Bill when you got out, you would get your $1200 back at the end of using the 9/11 GI Bill. So, I got my $1200 back as I used the 9/11 GI Bill as the benefits were extremely different pre-2016ish(?). Unfortunately for me, I didn't know that you could still use the Montgomery on top of it if you didn't accept the refund, so I could've easily got a doctorate.

If I went to school on the GI Bill now, I wouldn't have been able to pump out an MBA though. That's because I was getting paid at a state rate for housing/rent of where my school's headquarters was, and not where I physically was. The difference between that and now after the change is $1100/month. I don't know why that changed, but I do see how that is kind of problematic and the government could save money by eliminating it as someone could study in the cheapest place in the world remotely and collect a ton more to live up life every night like a king.

Little misconception there and not really common info, but it is now free for all those that join.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In retrospect, we're all paid the same and the job was arguably easier on the Air Force side
On the other hand, I don't know if that would've made me the person I am today, always challenging myself to do better or go the extra mile, or if I would get comfortable and just fall in line.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to look to find the full photo of Sears because that one confused the heck out of me. For a moment, I thought she had the forearm strength of a Goddess being able to hold the AR-15 by the pistol grip like that. Turns out, she has a forward grip and her other hand is on it.

Nice piece, and she's a Marine vet. If I were a criminal, I'd probably stay clear from her place.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators