Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

pool another good story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won an auction for sanok.com about 2 weeks ago and have paid for it.

I have been dicked around daily as to why my whois has not been updated on it and why the registrar still has not contacted me.

The domain shows DomainPeople, Inc and when contacted directly, they are about as helpful as pool.

After giving them lots of business, I am officially done with pool.

To date they have my money and I have no domain, and they have lost me as a customer.

If at all possible go anywhere but pool!

-=DCG=-

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What? Absurdly bad customer service at Pool??? Say it isn't so!

A couple of weeks ago they suspended my account (without warning) because I use "Domain Admin" instead of a person's name in the WHOIS data. My real name is, of course, in my account and credit card authorizations. They claim to have done this based on "ICANN requirements".

I told Pool that Pool.com must immediately suspend their operations, since the domain Pool.com is in violation of the same rule. No response on that.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:

I have been dicked around daily as to why my whois has not been updated on it and why the registrar still has not contacted me.

The domain shows DomainPeople, Inc and when contacted directly, they are about as helpful as pool.

To date they have my money and I have no domain, and they have lost me as a customer.

If at all possible go anywhere but pool! -=DCG=-

That's also a reason I stopped using Pool a couple mos ago. Too much BS trying to do Whois and NS changes what with some incompetant firms they use. Some of which do not even have functioning websites or malfunctioning control panels.

Now I have issues involving some names expiring soon and being unable to transfer away and perhaps lose the names. Still the main reason I stopped using them was the insane auction prices, of course. If prices were lower perhaps I could even tolerate the bad registrars they use.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCG, Domain People are actually a good company in my experience with them.

Give them a chance, it's prob. Pool's dropping the ball.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
DCG, Domain People are actually a good company in my experience with them. Give them a chance, it's prob. Pool's dropping the ball.

They may be a good firm, and at least they dropped their reg prices from an amazingly costly $99-Year (which I learned about when I once planned to buy a name already reg'd there - and cancelled the buy due to the reg cost - a couple yrs ago) all the way down to $35-Year but even at $35 they are still way too high to appeal to most domainers when we can use excellent firms like GoDaddy for less than $10-yr.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
They may be a good firm, and at least they dropped their reg prices from an amazingly costly $99-Year (which I learned about when I once planned to buy a name already reg'd there - and cancelled the buy due to the reg cost - a couple yrs ago) all the way down to $35-Year but even at $35 they are still way too high to appeal to most domainers when we can use excellent firms like GoDaddy for less than $10-yr.

Well, yea, I get even better pricing than that nowadays, but years ago, I was with them at their ridiculous fees. :'(

I never had a problem with them thats all I'm saying.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another recent episode in Pool's arrogance and stupidity:

I did a backorder on 2 names dropping the same day. Pool got them, and sent me the email. Went online, saw them in my auction list. The day the auction was to end, they are GONE. I write to Pool's support, and here is the response:

Response (Jamie H.) - 06/01/2004 12:41 PM
Hello;

Thank you for using Pool.com.

Both auctions for the domains you have provided closed without any bids from you, so you will not be able to access these domains via your auction history as you did not participate in the auctions. You will have access to the details of any auctions you were allowed to participate in only if you actively participate in those auctions.

Regards,
Jamie H
Customer Service

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Well, yea, I get even better pricing than that nowadays, but years ago, I was with them at their ridiculous fees. :'(

I never had a problem with them thats all I'm saying.

Same here, I had a domain I won at Pool on June 7th. I emailed them and the registrar on 10th to find out what is going on. Haven't heard from either of them yet. Pretty good customer service. The problem is that if you want the domain bad enough you have to use them, but once they win the domain, bill you, it's like you still don't even own it. It gets frustrating. I was hired by a very good professional athlete's agent to acquire the domain for him, I did but now I can't even complete the deal because of Pool and their registrars. It makes me and my business look very unprofessional!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
...The day the auction was to end, they are GONE......

Happened to me too, somewhat different scenario, it was a name I wanted real bad and still often think about not having a chance to get it due to Pool seemingly selling it to someone outside the auction process, though they never responded to that issue.

Was on my list but right before the auction close time was mysteriously gone from my list and in fact gone from all lists. Pool wrongly claimed the name was never even on auction in the first place, also claimed I never even back-ordered the name, not true.

Later investigation revealed a firm in that business did in fact get the name from Pool, the old registrant (you could tell by the prior Pool.com Nameservers). Still another reason I have not used Pool in a long time and plan to never use them again.

I now delete their dailiy emails without looking at the list anymore. Isn't it amazing such a seemingly screwed-up operation, with often times poor support, even alledgedly selling a name outside of auction which was once on auction, and many bad registrars is #1 in the business?

D

Deleted member 4749

DotComGod said:

If at all possible go anywhere but pool!

-=DCG=-

Chargeback.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is a big lack of communication between pools' registars, the client and pool itself. I had names delivered to me after two-three weeks of payment at which time even I forgot I had it at the first place...

NW

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a number of names that Pool has not delivered ownership.

I usually blitz them once every month.

And, I am constantly worrying that some will fall between the cracks.

Another problem I have with Pool is their Market Place.

They have sold one of my domains, two times within a 3 week period. And, both deals
with this one domain ended up being a fraudulent transaction. I'm glad they caught
the problem (s).

But, I think they have a serious problem. If this happens twice to me within a three week period.

Manu had the same the problem.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI - Its now heading into week 3 and I am still being told daily they are fixing it....

but still no sanok.com..... but lots of stories.

-=DCG=-

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EDIT - Problem solved at POOL - Took a while but they were very helpful!!! Steve

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
I sent it to the Lawyers yesterday for a follow-up.

Ohhh that's JUICY!

Keep us posted, Steve!

I'd love to hear what evolves out of this touchy subject.

I think Pool is corrupted and dishonest as well.

Do I smell a class action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom