Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

pool another good story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihe

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>Has anyone used Vedacore before? I won a domain with Pool and even though I was sent the username/password I can't edit DNS or contact info. I emailed them twice and also called. It seems that it's an ICANN accredited registrar ran by some whizz kid out of his house (that I did not make up).

I saw the site, and I can't believe their domain is expiring in 3 days! :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
mihe said:
>Has anyone used Vedacore before? I won a domain with Pool and even though I was sent the username/password I can't edit DNS or contact info. I emailed them twice and also called. It seems that it's an ICANN accredited registrar ran by some whizz kid out of his house (that I did not make up).

:-( HOLY CRAP you are correct....
It seems they are a reseller of AR.com - in which case I might be able to do something.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mihe said:

Registrar: ALICES REGISTRY, INC.
Creation Date: 06-jul-2003
Expiration Date: 06-jul-2004

Relax... they've been around for... uh... months, and the registrar is obviously Alice, Adam's 9 year old sister. The domain doesn't expire until... Monday. Maybe Adam gets his allowance from his mom that day?

The site is very clear: "Please bare with us while we launch our site." Apparently they want you to drop your pants? Probably not - Adam will be in 10th grade English next year!

OH $HIT!!

Yoshiki

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won the auction for a domain at Pool and it has been registered through the
Israeli registrar. What's nice about the Israeli registrar is that they work on Sundays. Not sure about Yom Kippur, though. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL yoshiki, but I am sure they're closed from sundown Friday through Saturday :)

Yoshiki

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>I am sure they're closed from sundown Friday through Saturday :)

Indeed. But, for us, Gentiles, it's very convenient that they work on Sundays. Actually I called them today and they fixed a problem on the spot. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
mihe said:

Seems that my email made them renew the domain Vedacore.com till 2006. Now if only they replied to my DNS queries....

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI- Pool service may get better for dnforum members soon, got an email from them ( The GM THere) saying they wanted to be a preffered partner with dnforum.com today.

Will keep you posted.

-=DCG=-

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds Great DCG - That may open a direct channel for folks to address any problems they have with POOL registrations at their partner registrars. They are a great company to work with and we are happy to have been partnered with them since their start-up. Any issue we have ever had was with the registrar that caught the domain and not directly with POOL. Steve

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I second that, Pool has been responsive; it's these odd registrars I've never heard of before that can cause trouble at times.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may have heard that, however I have never heard of incorporating in Canada for less risk or more of a "corporate veil".

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Finally after 2 weeks I am able to change the nameservers with Vedacore and AR.com - looking forward to the 60 days to move them out :rolleyes:

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
FYI- Pool service may get better for dnforum members soon, got an email from them ( The GM THere) saying they wanted to be a preffered partner with dnforum.com today.

Will keep you posted.

-=DCG=-
That's a Good idea :)

This is a commercial partnership that will benefit all parties.

Just like sedo's partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom