Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

pool another good story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what... the 8th or 9th time we've heard about Pool taking self-serving actions against customers? This sounds like Steve may have uncovered information that suggests they have crosses the line from civil complaint to criminal activity.

If Pool is indeed taking domains from an auction and giving them to non-auction winners, ever person involved in the auction is a victim of a fraud. Pool further shows knowledge of their guilt by refusing to respond to inquiries about what happened.

Who knows what protections Canadian law gives consumers in other countries? Visa/Mastercard may also be interested in this type of activity, since they are directly involved in the transaction, even when not billed for the name (because Pool requires your credit card before allowing you to bid).

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This Pool.com seems very dodgy, i was going to sign up with them a week ago, i am glad i read this now! The only reason i didn't was because they ask for your creditcard to withdraw $60? Now when they say the account is free, it should be free!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sanok.com was won and paid for:

sanok.com 2004-06-04 16:27:17

Today is June 20th and still no domain.

-=DCG=-

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its been a month for one of my names..
4 numbers

NNNN.net 20 May 2004 22:26

still no domain, all my other pool names i have received... :-(

marzzo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And here I thought I was the only one with Pool.com problems ;)

.........................back in September......................

Hello Marc;

Thank you for using Pool.com.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the domain name for which you were billed, domain-name-here.com, was deleted in error on the date that you made payment. We are in the process of trying to recover the domain, however, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to reacquire the name. In the event that we cannot recover it for you, the full amount will be refunded to you.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and I would like to assure you that this is extremely atypical of the service we provide.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Blah blah blah...

I've also seen domains that I've been watching suddenly renewed for another year. Checking whois shows Pool nameservers - wtf? If a domain has Pool's nameservers I assumed that they grabbed the name when it dropped. I would've like to bid on the name but I never had the chance.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok my sanok.com update....

finally I got someone at the domainpeople.com and they fixed it live for me while I waited. Great work Christopher at domainpeople.com

Domainpeople.com has class and competance, it's pool that needs to look in the mirrors and stop making up stories to get people off the phone.

-=DCG=-

M

mole

DotComGod said:
it's pool that needs to look in the mirrors and stop making up stories to get people off the phone.

Maybe they are just stressed up by all that support volume? With so much business passing to them, you have to wonder how Jamie copes without getting hyper pimples.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Maybe they are just stressed up by all that support volume? With so much business passing to them, you have to wonder how Jamie copes without getting hyper pimples.

As if they can't hire more people??

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aggieuk said:
This Pool.com seems very dodgy, i was going to sign up with them a week ago, i am glad i read this now! The only reason i didn't was because they ask for your creditcard to withdraw $60? Now when they say the account is free, it should be free!

Hi aggie,

Just a note: they do not bill you $60 unless you win a domain that no one else has on their list. So, having the account is free. The credit card is their "insurance" that you will pay if they get a name.

Although, that's aside from all the other issues with them :-(

I should mention that I had to wait nearly a month for a domain before as well. Pool blamed the registrar. The registrar blamed Pool. Who knows?

I have very good instincts about me, and I know that Pool bids-up to what they would pay themselves for the name. In some cases, they may place the name under ownership other than Pool or Momentous.

As speculation, I also do not rule out the possibility that they side deal with Ult and BFD.

For arguments sake:

1. we all know Pool's #1 priority is the dollar.
2. we all know Pool (and it's competitors) care ZERO about customer loyalty
3. canada-based org's are not liable for fraud under US laws (from what I've read)

So, from that I deduce that it is in Pool's best interests, financially, to side-deal with the two largest buyers in the industry. Why not?
[/rant]

I've been ranting alot. All this fraud and conspiracy and flat out theft is a like a bad damn soap-opera...

-Wesley

M

mole

Take a valium, pura. That's how it works. A black box that either pops in your favor or not. Which is why the WLS must come soon.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Not with the impending WLS they can't , vida.

Hey Mole,

I guess that's true since they are greedy and want to keep every last penny.

But, if it were my company, the customer would still come first, and I'd at least hire a few darn temps or something! ;)

All of my companies (past and present) are of a different breed. I truly deliver what everyone else lies about delivering. And the sad part is that I find myself having a tough time selling and having to defend our services to would-be customers. It's really sad.

But, in short, customer service should be worth using a few thousand -of the millions in profit- to hire some help for a couple months.

I was all gung-ho for WLS, but now I don't really care anymore.

Nearly all of the domains I put on my NRR list have already dropped and were mostly caught by Pool, of course. Just this past week, I spent $7,500 on domains I already had the NRR, GoD, Enom, Snap, and NW for. All that, and I still had to pay out the arse.

Cheers,

Wesley

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Take a valium, pura. That's how it works. A black box that either pops in your favor or not. Which is why the WLS must come soon.

haha ...yeah... now, where did I put that darn bottle?!? :approve:

M

mole

puravida said:
I was all gung-ho for WLS, but now I don't really care anymore.

Yeah, it seems like we are slinkering through liquid sand here. No word. No move.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We posted a problem with POOL a week or so ago on this thread - It has been resolved - Took a while but all is well now - Thanks Steve

Keyworddomains.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
storys i can tell:
during the big .us drop 3 weeks ago i won the auction for backorder.us and billing.us.
I never got billed for these 2 names so i asked jamie one week ago about this issue.
Still no response until now and guess what - the 2 names already show a different whois, meaning the pushed these names into someones account.

Besides i noticed different times that i didn´t receive an invitation for an auction.
Last one was for stars.org, i backordered it a month ago and was surprised that pool got it without informing me about the auction :(

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keyworddomains.com said:
Last one was for stars.org, i backordered it a month ago and was surprised that pool got it without informing me about the auction :(

DO You know if it was pool who got stars.org?

Keyworddomains.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
DO You know if it was pool who got stars.org?

Yes, sure.
Take a look at the whois and you see that the nameservers are still from pool.

the following is quoted from the last sales report at dnjournal.com
Stars.org is also moving through the Pool pipeline after going for a high bid of $1,737

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Has anyone used Vedacore before? I won a domain with Pool and even though I was sent the username/password I can't edit DNS or contact info. I emailed them twice and also called. It seems that it's an ICANN accredited registrar ran by some whizz kid out of his house (that I did not make up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom