Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Possible Fraud on our Forum, Beware!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjlever

Boa Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like domain tasting taken a step too far… We would all love to “taste” a snapname, see if there’s a profit to be had and then decide if you are going to pay for it. At least with current domain tasting you have to front the money – even though you know you have a 100 percent return guarantee.
This may not have been his intention but it does shed light on what is wrong with domain tasting. Profit without risk – sounds nice but inherently stinks of foul play.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Fantasy Domaining at its best.

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think both johnvassallo and haythemk are possible scammers.

Deedee,As you have the pushed the domain already and the payment is still on hold.i would advice you to call fabulous.com support soon and ask them to freeze his(johnvassallo) account before he transfers Gvk.net to an another registrar.

Don't worry he wont go away with your domain to far if he scams.

haythemk

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just for reference I have never tried selling anything to deede...

I thought the frozen paypall was a red flag for fraud. I alerted. I thought i could sell my rights to the tdnam. I was trying for a win-win for everyone, but it didnt work out that way. Chalk it up to learning. No ill intent - sorry to take up everyone's time.

You can call me a fraud, it was an honest mistake... I ve been a memeber for a week and already have had 3 smooth transactions, ask them how I do business. Next time I will not sell domains until they are fully transferd into my own name... And next time I will not post a fraud thread.. I don't know what much more I can do to show this was a mistake. If I was a sacmmer who didn't care I wouldn't be here trying to clear my name.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just for reference I have never tried selling anything to deede...

I thought the frozen paypall was a red flag for fraud. I alerted. I thought i could sell my rights to the tdnam. I was trying for a win-win for everyone, but it didnt work out that way. Chalk it up to learning. No ill intent - sorry to take up everyone's time.

You can call me a fraud, it was an honest mistake... I ve been a memeber for a week and already have had 3 smooth transactions, ask them how I do business. Next time I will not sell domains until they are fully transferd into my own name... And next time I will not post a fraud thread.. I don't know what much more I can do to show this was a mistake. If I was a sacmmer who didn't care I wouldn't be here trying to clear my name.

Question is not that your are honest or not. Question is you did everything in an imaginative mindset. Can you tell whether I will be dead or alive tomorrow? there is no guarantee of any kind anything might happen tonight.

I am not using this occasion to clear my anger because you wasted at least 40 hours of people's time here with this thread. Kindly do not do this again in future :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have a bridge I'd like to broker, anyone interested? :D Comes with 10 acres of premium pasture land on the dark side of the moon.

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heythemk , I understand your case completely. You are not wrong , but you are illegal.

(1) "you dont have the right to sell a domain you do not own" is the simple rules in domain market.
(2)What you do is trying to sell a domain to john and take the money ,but indeed you only try to sell him "the right to buy a domain" (what you own) , not the domain itself .
(3) "the right to buy a domain" and that domain are completely diffirent .
(1)+(2)+(3) => Conclusion : you break the rules and become illegal.
See ?

To john , I personally think hes a hacker that try to buy domains by fraud paypal . Simple .

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so how did it settled out eventually? What about John Vasallo? He PMed me a couple of days ago regarding a LLL.net, and I said I'll sell only via Escrow. He hasn't replied back yet...obviously he doesn't want to go through Escrow..no chances of any fraud in that.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JohnVasallo is a scammer, and a lier. I negotiated a deal with him, and he agreed to pay through escrow. He has failed to respond to PMS, or continue the escrow transaction for a length of time that means that escrow will cancel the transaction in 24 hours :(

Please ban johnvassalo mods, and if available provide me with some contact details for him.
Thanks

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesnt seen DNF cares a deal about scamming members.

Theres one here.
There's one i have sent numerous pms , tickets, flags, thread reports whatever you wanna call 'em.
Acroplex has one i know he is chasing.
Theres a couple more i've seen.
About time Adam gave more power to ban, to Mods imho.
Maybe 2 mods need to agree or something.

Either way, current system falling down, & failing the trustworthy majority.

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About time Adam gave more power to ban, to Mods imho.
Maybe 2 mods need to agree or something.

Either way, current system falling down, & failing the trustworthy majority.

Even i think the same.mods here have to play a more active role.

It would be great if mods could verify first starting sales of newly joined members by sending emails to admin contacts or something.and members here should insist on escrow deals if you sell something to a buyer who has "0" trader ratings.

deedee

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
johnvassalo allready got gvk.net for sale on other places.. A possible buyer who just write to me would know if the name was leagally for sale.. Please let me know if you see the name other places for sale!

Thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From my understanding, only Adam and Impactadmin can currently issue bans.

deedee

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gvk.net is for sale at crazy low bin on serval websites.. It will soon be sold. Got a respond from fabulous that they have transfered the name to this guy and that they cant prevent him for transfer it to another user... they are still looking at the case but that didnt sound positive.
Anyone who have tried this and can it be right that this is possible to do??

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gvk.net is for sale at crazy low bin on serval websites.. It will soon be sold. Got a respond from fabulous that they have transfered the name to this guy and that they cant prevent him for transfer it to another user... they are still looking at the case but that didnt sound positive.
Anyone who have tried this and can it be right that this is possible to do??

That sounds strange, registrars can lock domains that are under legal dispute until the dispute is solved.
Buy it from him at the low bin, pay by PayPal, and charge back the transaction when you have received the domain... :-/ PayPal never reverse a chargeback when it's intangible goods... The seller always lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom