Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

(PR) Fort Lauderdale Company Acquires World’s Largest Portfolio of Real Estate Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Fort Lauderdale Company Acquires World’s Largest Portfolio of Real Estate Domain Names (.Travel)

2Go Media of Fort Lauderdale Partners with .travel Domain for Acquisition

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2Go Media, the company known for online real estate marketing strategies, today announced it has acquired the largest real estate domain name portfolio in the world, all within the .travel Top Level Domain. Each domain name is comprised of the top searched real estate keywords for more than 7,500 cities throughout the United States.

2Go Media developed a location plus keyword domain name strategy based on research that found potential home buyers use location plus keyword-based phrases, not company or realtor names, to search for real estate online. Domain names containing keywords have greater probability of being found when searchers use these keywords to search for real estate. The recently acquired portfolio of real estate domain names, together with 2Go Media’s online marketing strategy, are being offered to individual real estate agents or entire agencies in a product called the Online Billboard Marketing package.

The Online Billboard Marketing package allows realtors or real estate companies to lease the searched real estate keyword based domain names for any of more than 7,500 cities nationwide. These keyword based domain names are mostly unavailable in the majority of Top Level Domains like .com.

“The value of Online Billboard Marketing for real estate companies is that they can “own” the Internet highways leading to real estate in every city in the United States,” commented Ted Mooney, President and COO of 2Go Media. “Instead of these real estate companies searching for buyers, they attract buyers who are literally searching for them.” Source & Links
___

Best,
Dan

Aluminum Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Example given at 2gomedia website:
3 years / $2988
miamirealestate.travel
miamihouses.travel
miamiluxuryhomes.travel
miamihomelistings.travel
miamihomesforsale.travel

Potential clients may be tempted to save a few grand by hand regging similar names in better known extensions:
miamiluxuryhomes.net/biz/info
miamihomelistings.org/biz/info/us

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They forgot "worthless" in that title.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am ashamed of living in Florida after reading this...

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They must be stuck in the .com bubble.

Where do you find companies like this? Stuff like this happens like once a month. I think I'm going to write a tool that finds companies with a lot of cash and -10 knowledge of the industry.

I'll send them a portfolio of unregged domains, they'll probably be too stupid to even know.

But where do I start?

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one reading this who wasn't even aware there was a .travel TLD?

I hope they have some rich clients lined up who are even dumber than they are or they just wasted some serious money

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:disappointed: This is misleading information.... just wasted my time already LOL

Jessica320

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe they were on a jet lag when they bought those names. you can't blame them if they love to travel. :p

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one reading this who wasn't even aware there was a .travel TLD?

.travel is open to anyone now... use to be just travel agency or travel related companies.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
must have been some layed off timeshare salesmen selling domains on the side.

H2FC

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There must be some kind of ulterior motive for using the travel extension. I suspect they got a huge price reduction on the registrations. They apparently have good connections to that extension with their Alamo Rent A Car biz.

About 2GoMedia
2Go Media was founded by Michael S. Egan, former Chairman and CEO of Alamo Rent A Car, widely credited with transforming Alamo from a few Florida locations into the industry powerhouse it is today. His expertise in connecting people via the literal highways of yesterday naturally evolved into connecting people via the virtual highways of today. Backed by a team of Internet, technology and travel industry veterans, Mr. Egan has built one of the world’s largest online media portfolios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom