Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

(PR) Fort Lauderdale Company Acquires World’s Largest Portfolio of Real Estate Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The company, 2Go Media, is nothing but .travel.

Home URL
Their links

I think this is .travel repackaged.

City and country names were once reserved.

Frankly, some dot travel domains are good for seo.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This sort of deal seems so ridiculous I can only assume it is some sort of money laundering/cover up.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They should go for more mainstream extensions if they need to launder money quietly:)

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They must be stuck in the .com bubble.

Where do you find companies like this? Stuff like this happens like once a month. I think I'm going to write a tool that finds companies with a lot of cash and -10 knowledge of the industry.

I'll send them a portfolio of unregged domains, they'll probably be too stupid to even know.

But where do I start?

I'm with you, it's amazing, once a month is like the average.

patroiz

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is risky, but I don't understand why they acquired real estate domains in the travel extension. Is it likely that people would search for real estate listings in the travel extension?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My opinion is this is nothing more than a PR stunt to get the .travel URL in the headlines.

I am not sure what 7500 names they would have purchased other than gotten control of the names they were not going to give out.

Travel needs to remake itself into something other than the scandals that preceeded it.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it could even be a shill deal...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I recall a big alleged shill deal to get interest in the .CC registry by announcing that Beauty.cc had sold for a million dollars or so. Funny thing is many early domainers at the time believed the press release and it was several years later before it was realized to be a fraud and shill deal with the registry and alleged buyer/seller. This could be something similar to get interest in .travel

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can only think of time.travel as the sole "worthy" .travel domain.
Folks, it's a press release. They can say anything they want.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a handful of travel. One, ciao dot travel, gets decent traffic and PPC parked on Sedo.

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This announcement just seems so transparently, obviously, nuts that I'm at a loss to understand how they would think anyone would be unhinged enough to be influenced by it...

I mean....can you imagine ANY real estate agent saying:

'What an opportunity!! - I could sell homes in the local 'burbs by branding them a travel deal....'...??....LOL

Gotta be a shill & PR thing, as Doc & sdsinc says....

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Years ago there was a company that regged or bought hundreds of

AlabamaRE.net
CaliforniaRE.net
NewYorkRE.net

They had a huge PR & marketing budget. And it went nowhere.
Reminds me of those two pesky mice with a goal of world domination. :smilewinkgrin:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one reading this who wasn't even aware there was a .travel TLD?

I knew about it when it was first released. Since then, I thought it just died. This company definitely made an investment FTW. :rolleyes:

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never typed a .travel and am not even going to bother...too long (I got very lazy yes)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something funky is going on here.

These folks were a sponsor at Domainfest 2009, and their top .travel domains were auctioned for almost nothing. I can't imagine them making more than a few hundred dollars since their launch several years ago, so there is an untold side to this story if they are still alive.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After years in this business, I have found that quality is better than quantity although I frequently haven't followed that axiom. I would grant that any (even terrible) name can be a success with great content but more prudent purchasing of better names with better extensions would have been a much better investment from my humble and much poorer position.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo would never post this as a parody on domaingang as it would seem too obviously unbelievable.
lol
watch the drops. these will be dropped enmasse in the next year or two
absolute crud

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting info about the .travel domains. Rules apparently require a UIN number before approval of domain registration to verify that the person registering has one of their several qualifications, and a website must be created within one year of the registration or it will be automatically deleted by the registrar, etc.
Also looked at the data over at: http://dnsalesprice.com for sales records and the two
highest at $5,000 each were for europe.travel and crimea.travel, neither of which
have websites, only parking pages.
I think the .travel domains can rank high with the correct development and one good example of how to develop a .travel domain that I could find is: http://argentina.travel ; compare that to: http://argentina.com and the .travel extension development is obviously superior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom