Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Re: SedoMLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As long as you're willing to pay 20% commission.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Acro,

Thanks for pointing that out.

Question.

I have put my domains on Sedo as Negotiate. What is the commission
for type of sale?

I did check out: http://www.sedo.com/us/about-us/price-list/

Is it the second option 15% i.e. "Sale originating on Sedo's Domain Marketplace"?

Just wanting to make sure as its a little unclear.

Regards
Jeff

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
hey Jeff - the option to negotiate offers works well for me, however keep in mind that offers *can* originate through the SedoMLS system. During the negotiation process, make sure you click on the link detailing the money you receive after commission. This way you will be able to tell if it's a straight offer (15%) or an offer originating from SedoMLS (20%). Unfortunately, one cannot opt out of SedoMLS altogether.

Last edited:

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Acro,

BIG thanks for clarification.

Mind you... at the moment I don't have SedoMLS turned on. But thanks for letting me know that if I turn it on... I can't then change my mind and turn it off. Think I am getting the hang of this.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Jeff, NP. However, you do have SedoMLS turned on, just not the Premium. There is a "standard" one that triggers sales from various venues with a respective 20% fee e.g. at registrars where people look up domains and are then forwarded to your domain. Any such sale results in a 20% commission for Sedo (nice, isn't it?) Always check the funds you will be receiving during the negotiation (I speak from experience).

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, we received an interesting offer (for a change ;)) via Sedo, the potential buyer came through Verio (you even get the name of the 'partner').
Perhaps it will lead to more sales, but the commission is higher. But I don't think Sedo is pocketing the 20%, a percentage normally goes back to the 'source'.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Katherine,

See Acro message above... he quotes "Always check the funds you will be receiving during the negotiation". Not sure if you can do that at your stage... but might be an idea to check.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The 5% in difference goes to the SedoMLS partner.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Acro,

Thanks... that makes sense.

20% sales commission is a tad high... but OK considering they have to pay their
partners. Plus Internet PPC for "Domain names for sale" is $10 plus... so tough market
to compete in.

Compare that with Internet affiliates who can get up to 50% for downloadable products.

And, real estate commission in Australia 2.5% to 3%. Now that is high given what they do for
it i.e. Web site listing, tweak flyer & sale sign template and get them printed, letterbox drop,
open house, negotiations and send buyer/seller to a solicitor for legals. On 2 million property
that is 50K.

So, need to view domain sale commissions in perspective. Plus, we have options/choice.

Just my thoughts.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Jeff, on a $10,000 sale that's $2k going to commissions. Although I use Sedo extensively, when large offers come through email or via calls I use Escrow.com or Moniker Escrow.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Acro,

It's a big chunk of $$$ for sure... that's why I say we have choice.

* Factor in the commission when making the sale
* Create a web site and do SEO
* Become a domain broker and follow Adams advice (see his how to sell domain names on Domainsherpa.com)
* Attend seminars and network

Plus I am parking my domains and will develop sites that get a lot of traffic using WPTwin & DataFeedr.

So for me I will put my domains on Sedo... but then view Sedo as competition and try and make sale before
them... but if they get a sale then it's 15-love to Sedo :)

I guess a big factor is how much $$$ value you have in your domain portfolio. If it's big you can afford, and
can get motivated to do the work.

p.s I am very much just learning but feel I have some great mentors in the forum... BIG thanks to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom