Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion Rebirth of a TLD

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
First let me start by saying, ".LINK is no worse than .COM" We already know from a very reliable source that it's no worse than .xyz, but that's beside the point. I plan to be lecturing at a local University later this year about the domain industry. My focus will be on the aftermarket, a 3-5 Billion dollar industry that Verisign says is "hidden in plain sight to the detriment of businesses and consumers" Here's the backup story behind Verisign's comments; https://blog.verisign.com/domain-na...om-price-caps-were-passed-along-to-consumers/

As an entrepreneur and businessman i tend to seek opportunities that are "hidden in plain sight" similar to my binge buying of of the relatively new TLD .LINK. While I may not own the TLD Rebirth.link, i see where Dan.com is attempting to sell Rebirth.xyz for an incredulous $79,888, and Rebirth.com doesn't even "link" to a website.

For anyone who hasn't noticed, link is not just a keyword according to Go Daddy, it's also one syllable that unlike .xyz (three syllables) doesn't pass the infamous radio test;)

I need to head to the gym, but I'll pick up on this later.
i hope you appreciate my willingness to share my knowledge of the makeover of a TLD. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
A good friend Bob Hawkes said this about .LINK;

"I had not heard until your post that the new owners of .link had been announced, finally. Good to hear one is a successful domain investor. In my view .link was by far the most valuable of the auctioned TLDs from the former Uniregistry. I hope the new owners will manage the TLD well."

This was 60 days ago, and ever since I've been binge buying .LINK domains for my portfolio. Also i have it from a reliable source that the unveiling of the new .LINK will occur in the next 60 days so the binge buying continues....stay tuned ".LINK is no worse than .COM";)

Anyone care to discuss the potential for .LINK to become a major league TLD?

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
where do your ideas for new domains come from?........God? Jesus? Muhammad? Buddha? I'm keenly aware that mine come from "My Savior". So i decided that I might want to write an ebook about My Savior, and that I should have a corresponding domain. I first checked to see if my first choice MySavior.com was available but sadly it wasn't...it actually takes you to Vatican.va that believe it or not is actually the Vatican;) Then I try MySavior.org, MySavior.net and even MySavior.xyz and they're ALL spoken for . So as a last resort my personal savior has me check to see if MySavior.link was available and VOILA!

I'll have to say i don't know what i'd have done if it wasn't available for most of the really good .LINK domains are gone😢 While a few hundred names that i had on my buy list like Hurricane.link, Camping.link and Banker.link were all available to register this time last week, sadly they're ALL gone now. At first i was pissed to learn someone else had registered all these .LINK domains, but then it dawned on me that it's a good thing.....for me that is. I hope some of you were smart and savvy enough to listen👍

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.com is king with millions of websites.

.link only has 20,000 domains in use.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
.com is king with millions of websites.

.link only has 20,000 domains in use.
the .com glass is full and overflowing....it can't hold anymore.

.link has less than a dram, but here is where it's headed👍

"Belousov and Liley have big aspirations for the domain. They hope to grow from 200,000 registrations today to one million within five years. In the long run, they hope to get to ten million. And they don’t plan to do this by offering the domains for pennies like some other registries.

Anyone who has followed new top level domains since their launch nearly a decade ago will wonder how this growth is possible. Their answer: change how you think about domains and what they’re used for. They believe .link is uniquely positioned for this."

accurate....the new owners of .LINK have been successful in this industry in the past, and knowing their track record i for one wouldn't bet against them.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Who cares?

Registry operators don't determine whether the public is going to use a domain extension.
So you don't think Verisign, the monopoly that owns .com has any say so with the public?

How about Elon Musk / Tesla?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you love .link so much @Bulloney why don't you create a directory website?

It can list all the developed .link websites out there.

Notary.link

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
For: Nursing.link

Yesterday Mary A. a NP (nurse practioner) with SignifyHealth came by home for my annual checkup. Mary is from Nigeria and she and her husband came to America about 20 years ago. Recently she started her own business with a few other nurses for in home health care, and like pretty much everyone else in this world had never heard of .LINK

Mary has an entrepreneurial bent like me and we plan to get together next week to explore the possibilities for Nursing.link and the 27 Million other nurses in the world who could have their very own domain like;

FlorenceNightengale.link;)

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
If you love .link so much @Bulloney why don't you create a directory website?

It can list all the developed .link websites out there.

Notary.link
What's involved in creating a directory website and how would you monetize it? Pandalytics reports 20,000 developed websites so might they be able to provide a list?

One of the coolest sites I've found thus far; https://wow.link/

WOW!

in the way of an update, .LINK has about 16,000 additional DUM since announcing their plans to grow their registry last May. Here's where they are; https://ntldstats.com/tld/link

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go to Freelancer, UpWork, etc. and write out a detailed proposal.

I always recommend using WP.

Pandalytics probably charges a lot for that data. @jmcc might be able to pull it for a fee.

Little chance you would be able to monetize the .link directory.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Thanks....i just reached out to Adam at Notary.link. He's actually from my hometown just a few hour drive from where i live....you never know when a connection like this will spark a Revolution.link ;) Did you see where Dan/Swetha is asking $498,888 for Revolution.xyz....talk about fu*cked up:rolleyes:

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.com is embedded in our minds and our society,because your bigger more established businesses are using .coms and everybody wants one.My OPINION is that some,not all of the big sales that are being reported are from people wanting to generate buzz for a particular ext.From a marketing stand point most of them are garbage.Now I could be wrong,but I haven't seen a website built with an extension other than .com, .org,.net making any waves.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators