Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registration/Renewal/Support Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised these quintessential Keystone Cops have never lost a name (I keep seeing that claim by them everywhere and no one has disputed it as far a I know. So does that mean Fabulous has actually lost at least one name ?) Moniker went downhill after a guy named Monte left, its CEO, I wish he had stayed to resolve all my problems. They'll bungle your case no matter how simple it is cuz they're inept. They still have their good security trump card, I'll give them that, but sooner or later they'll slip there too. It's inevitable. It's not that Support was outsourced (at least a good part of it) and those people aren't anglophones, it is that those people don't have any training. They can't resolve a 2 + 2 matter. As simply as that

(Read my recent thread on Moniker NOT sending me their authorization email needed to click on their link and sign into my Moniker acct, thus authorizing the transfer of one of my names away, they did not send it so I never clicked on it or signed in, I couldn't have, but since they never answered the gaining registrant when I told him and I had meant for him to have the name, I decided to let it go, and yes, I had unlocked the domain and they emailed me the auth code but they did NOT send me the obligatory email the gaining registrar must send the domain owner to even send the thing to the registry)

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
continuing problems with Moniker, can't unlock domains..no way to transfer out with these folks.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now I cannot renew any domain for hours, I'm stressed, and things are getting worse, I can no longer login at all.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Right now I cannot renew any domain for hours, I'm stressed, and things are getting worse, I can no longer login at all.

Confirmed. No logging is completed.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've sent the support ticket and emailed Marti Johnson and Michael White... but at a Saturday...

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally got a reply (from Marti) that they are aware and trying to solve this.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does that mean they don't have proactive monitoring tools and rely on customers to report malfunctions ?

Recently, the Pool.com server had a disk full. Guess they don't use Nagios.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know for how long they are working on this, but I wasn't the first person to warn them about today's issues.

Disk full problems aren't rare nowadays... oh well.

Update: hours later it's still impossible to renew domains. They fixed the login problem but registry operations still seem to have problems.

Last edited:

samfrida

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The Moniker Operations team is working to resolve the problem affecting our sites. We certainly understand the frustration that you may have in regards to this issue and would like to sincerely extend our apologies for this inconvenience.

We strive to provide a quality service for our customers and the prevention of issues such as this in the future is indeed a top priority. We are currently investigating the root cause and once we discover it, we will make changes to prevent this event from occurring.

Once the issue has been resolved, we will contact you via phone or email.

Samantha Frida
VP Business Development
1800 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 440, Portland, OR 97201
Tel: 503.459.5737| Fax: 530.287.5203 | Cell 303.829.6112
[email protected]
|www.snapnames.com|www.moniker.com

Sara

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't know whether this response makes me laugh or cry. Cry I think.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Moniker Operations team is working to resolve the problem affecting our sites. We certainly understand the frustration that you may have in regards to this issue and would like to sincerely extend our apologies for this inconvenience.

We strive to provide a quality service for our customers and the prevention of issues such as this in the future is indeed a top priority. We are currently investigating the root cause and once we discover it, we will make changes to prevent this event from occurring.

Samantha Frida
VP Business Development
[email protected]

How is this affecting outgoing transfers, have a few deals in escrow, and buyers are already annoyed with 7 day transfer rule, this is sure to put them over the edge.

When I move a domain from godaddy to moniker it goes same day, when I move it from Moniker it takes a week, for this reason nobody wants to use Moniker, listen to your customers please. Stop making it so damn difficult, to many registars, if you don't want to be fair to clients, so be it. And no confirmation emails on transfer, almost screwed me on one escrow transfer when the details of the buyer did not match, and I had nothing to show for it, lucky I had an honest buyer.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker needs to think of some of us who have entrusted them with our most valuable domains. I keep seeing ads from Oversee.net that mention some of the best known TM companies all over the world having their domains at Moniker. With the crash in domaining in 2008 many names that were worth keeping at Moniker (and paying more) now have a much lower market value, so any registrar which offers me good security, better prices, a better UI and better support than Moniker (the last one is not hard to beat at all) may just get my business which I'd be taking away from Moniker

I am a Domain Sponsor customer too but the types of things that have been going on with SnapNames and Moniker (API bugs, tech problems, the worst support in the industry, even ethics for SN) in recent years are truly an embarrassment, and that is an understatement (Even Go Daddy, notorious for its once lame security, began a two-way authentication system via text messaging recently. Those who are with Fabulous get up to three security questions as an extra authentication step for free every single time they sign in, if they choose that option, Moniker charges an arm and a leg if you want that. Do you doubt you won't even be in the top 20 registrars sooner than you know ?)

Right now I have an angry buyer overseas who may never buy from us again because he thinks I simply don't want to let him transfer the domain away from Moniker (he has seen all the bad press on Moniker and SN) I've unlocked it four times and it still appears locked, I'll open a ticket Monday if this doesn't change but I already have low expectations (I did get the auth code all four tries but your system refuses to unlock it and the name hasn't been moved out of Moniker for three years) I know you are from SnapNames, but since Moniker totally ignores customers and fails to resolve their simplest issues, you have a much better chance of telling them the trouble they're in, but I do appreciate your stepping in and talking to DNF

Samantha Frida
VP Business Development
[email protected]

Last edited:

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the support ticket doesn't solve your problem try contacting Marti Johnson (she always did her best to help me, or at least try).

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to get a support ticket issued via Moniker? The link just keeps resetting, and doesn't open the support control panel ticket submission, as well, directly emailing support, yields no responses (36 hours and counting)?

Last edited:

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried all of this and the exact same thing....Horrible

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried all of this and the exact same thing....Horrible

Not sure what support does all day, least they are securing good domains for snapnames, by providing crappy support, and failing renewals, maybe that is the master plan?

Seems like support has given up, and just gone offline, wonder how long before the site does the same. If any of the registars are reading this, now would be a great time to have a GET OUT OF MONIKER ALIVE sale.

varlov

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the product dropdown choose "Moniker"
I just did and hope they will receive my ticket.

Regards,

Anyone able to get a support ticket issued via Moniker? The link just keeps resetting, and doesn't open the support control panel ticket submission, as well, directly emailing support, yields no responses (36 hours and counting)?

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like they found a way around that as well......

Your support account is not available.
Please contact [email protected] or [email protected]

So you email the given emails, and you get the following reply----->

Thank you for contacting Moniker Support department.
To better serve your needs, Moniker accepts client support cases via our online portal or by phone.
You may access our portal and follow the customer support links to open a case. If you prefer, our support department can also be reached via phone at 800-688-6311 or international at 954-607-1294.
Committed to quality service

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom