Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registration/Renewal/Support Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try getting an auth code or better yet changing your email address, they want to charge 50.00 for that

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have not had any issues with them so far taking domains out of there. Can be just good luck.-

-Have had other issues.- Would not worry too much about a delay taking a domain out of there.-
- Shows security is still very good even if your issue is unrelated to security.-
:)

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess thats why there are so many complaints aroung the internet and on here

Have not had any issues with them so far taking domains out of there. Can be just good luck.-

-Have had other issues.- Would not worry too much about a delay taking a domain out of there.-
- Shows security is still very good even if your issue is unrelated to security.-

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone manage to get a response from support? They have taken their entire support ticket system offline, are they going under, as they sure don't seem to want to answer customers questions.

I called their toll free number, it said nobody is available to take your call?.......

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Renewals Failing, Transfer Outs Failing, Web Outages, No more ticket support...can't get anyone on the phone...whats going to happen with my domains I can't renew? Where is ICANN?

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are more worried about their auction, and webfest, than their actual customers, I have never seen anything like this, so not sure what to make of it. But this is utter disregard for your clients, usually they respond, I have emailed a few internal contacts I had, nobody is responding. I would contact ICANN, not sure what other outs you have..................

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just called Monikers 1-800#, after waiting on hold for 15 mins, and the automated message saying wait time is less than 2 minutes, every 2 minutes, eventually another machine comes on to say nobody is available to take your call, leave a voicemail, which I have done, along with many emails. Their support ticket system is still not work, so I mean some pretty valuable names sitting there, would advise anyone to get them out asap.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Moniker is in some type of major trouble, I too for over a month now cannot renew OR transfer out. I would be happy to transfer out but the system will either crash or tell me to check boxes which cannot be checked. Support is unavailable. It is worrisome Moniker has allowed this thread to go on this long without jumping in to say, things have been messed up but we are here to help...

The severity and length of this problem seems to indicate there may be not much workforce left at Moniker.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I guess thats why there are so many complaints aroung the internet and on here
Not that I am on their side and against your comment.- Realize they are in very big trouble with domainers walking away.- Had been told Moniker had the best security for domains.- Comment I made here is that you'd rather have a case where your domains can't leave a registrar easy than one where domains can be taken out by scammers so easy.-

-Know of a known registrar with so so security which would not even send owners notification by email after a transfer out starts.- Irritating it is but my domains with the Moniker folks I don't plan on moving out anytime soon unless their security reputation drops too which I don't believe it has.-

- If you're a seller and your buyer wants his domain taken out of Moniker then I agree with you.- Good luck.A lady from Snap has a post on this thread with her contact information.- you may want to try calling her.

Last edited:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not that I am on their side and against your comment.- Do realize they are in very big trouble with domainers walking away.- Had been told Moniker had the best security for domains.- Comment I made here is that you'd rather have a case where your domains can't leave a registrar than one where domains can be taken out by scammers easy.-

-Know of a known registrar with so so security which would not even send owners notification by email after transfers out had started.- Irritating it is but my domains with the Moniker folks I don't plan on moving out anytime soon unless their security reputation drops too which I don't believe it has.-

- If you're a seller and your buyer wants his domain taken out of Moniker then I agree with you.- Good luck.A lady from Snap has a post on this thread with her contact info- you may want to try calling her.

You obviously do not understand when a registrar stops responding to emails, takes their online support system offline, and no longer bothers answering phone calls, or emails what that means do you?

Maybe you should send a support inquiry asking a question let's see if you get a response.

Without any support, how good can your security be?

Sorry moniker gets a fail.

Call their toll free number they will make you wait 15 mins before telling you there is nobody to answer your call.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What will happen to our domains? I've got a xx,xxx stuck there. :(

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i transferred a domain out fine this week. though their lack of support is concerning.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Moniker Operations team is working to resolve the problem affecting our sites. We certainly understand the frustration that you may have in regards to this issue and would like to sincerely extend our apologies for this inconvenience.

We strive to provide a quality service for our customers and the prevention of issues such as this in the future is indeed a top priority. We are currently investigating the root cause and once we discover it, we will make changes to prevent this event from occurring.

Once the issue has been resolved, we will contact you via phone or email.

Samantha Frida
VP Business Development
1800 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 440, Portland, OR 97201
Tel: 503.459.5737| Fax: 530.287.5203 | Cell 303.829.6112
[email protected]
|www.snapnames.com|www.moniker.com
Miss Frida-

Will you have the courtesy to tell me and everyone else who is concerned about the security and future of their domains with Moniker what if anything Moniker or their parent company is doing to address and resolve these issues?

I would certainly appreciate a reply from you right on here or from a Moniker vice president telling DNF users what exactly the matter is and why all this is happening to so many users.As you will see on this thread I have tried to be fair to Moniker but I too am concerned about all domains I have with this registrar.

Best.
domainoid

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for that but you shouldn't need to go to snapnames to get moniker support.

The email did not say much to alleviate anything, other than what you would expect from a management worded letter, sorry but I tend to read between the lines.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a buyer waiting for a domain I sold to be transfered out but I didnt receive any auth code in my inbox yet.

Contacted support through email and their twitter account but didnt get any response yet.

Buyer wont care at all about moniker having a break down and I wont be very happy loosing a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom