Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rick Latona TRAFFIC extended auction, happening or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MedicalTranscriptionist.com - $60,000 reserve on auction... WHAT A STEAL.... -_-

Seriously, wtf was he thinking?

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MedicalTranscriptionist.com - $60,000 reserve on auction... WHAT A STEAL.... -_-

A little better than you may think. While I'm not big on appraisals, the new Estibot system seems to be pretty good from my gut view these days. They rate it at $12,000. That's probably a lot closer to the truth. A good name though, just not $60,000 good!

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about DMCA.com @ 50k...

I think I'm jumping on this one!

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think at best for that domain a few thousand dollars and thats only because it gets a bit of traffic and I am sure the only traffic it is getting has to have a pretty good CTR considering how niche it is. BUT $60,000 is wishful thinking like no other.

If the seller is able to sell that domain for that price, he deserves Domainer of the year award and Rick Latona can forget about all the mistakes he made in this auction, that sale alone will wash away all the bs.

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have a domain in this auction
Lengths.com
low reserve considering it is one word product
lengths = hair extensions (google it , you ll find a lot of ****lengths.com selling hair extentions)
BID on this one .. :)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FurCoats.net

MinkCoats.net

now those are nice and with "LOW RESERVES"

NetRico

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
5 hours remaining ... only one name with bids ... zero reserves met?

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My method for running a successful domain auction:

Put all the domain submissions online PRIOR to the live event. Everyone is on an equal playing field starting out. Domains with low reserves are rewarded with more bids. Those domains which meet their reserve bids online will continue into the live auction where they left off. The legitimacy of the buyers can even be established prior to the live auction. This gives the auction/broker time to market to specific industries to solicit bids. If they are not doing their job to find end-users then it will show right away. The best part about using this auction method is that EVERY single name that makes it to the live auction WILL SELL! How exciting would it be to attend an event like that?

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SteelGorilla.com @ 10k looks like a steal...

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^
@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there was one rick latona auction last year that only had like 5 or 7 names sold... this one may set a new record :(

1 hour to go and only 2 names with bids;

Romance.com $25,000 --- reserve not met

eTaxReturn.com $300 --- reserve met

cha ching $

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Romance is up to $35,000k - Reserve not met - few million to go...

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
less than 10 sold apparently

LongIsland.com $370,000 the only biggie

and that is not even a "pure" domain sale, but rather an active and well established website

"Reduced Reserve to 350,000 USD with stipulations... contact us for details before bidding...- 12 Month 2009 Metrics: Average monthly page views 584,000 Average monthly uniques 179,000 70% of all US visitors are from Long Island - Stats: Alexa Ranking: 126,628 Overture Score: 409 Inbound Links: 319 Maximum Cost Per Click: $0.20 No. Of PPC Ads: 225 Domain Age: 13 years Pagerank: 5 Pages in Google Index: 5690 Competing Search Results In Google: 80,300,000 Local Search Volume: 6,120,000 Global Monthly Search Volume: 6,120,000"

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
less than 10 sold apparently

LongIsland.com $370,000 the only biggie

Y'know....the commission on that one sale alone would more than cover the cost of running both the Live & Extended Auction components...

Cha-ching?

Yup.

....just less Cha-ching than Rick would have hoped for...

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A little better than you may think. While I'm not big on appraisals, the new Estibot system seems to be pretty good from my gut view these days. They rate it at $12,000. That's probably a lot closer to the truth. A good name though, just not $60,000 good!

I agree. Excellent name. I have clients that make very good money doing this.

Not sure how long it will be good for though as OCR keeps improving, including medical terminology. Better make use of it while humans are still needed to do the work.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Y'know....the commission on that one sale alone would more than cover the cost of running both the Live & Extended Auction components...

Cha-ching?

Yup.

....just less Cha-ching than Rick would have hoped for...

my friend, you are so wrong.... :(

nobody runs live auctions and conferences to get an $xx,xxx commission off of one or two deals. you dont even break even at the end.

when you have some time, crunch up some numbers in regards to all of the expenses and efforts involved... you will see, it quickly adds up well into 6 figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom