Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ripped-off By Registerfly.com!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazycash

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I certainly agree with you that Registerfly shouldn't advertise .tv for 37.99 if there is a catch that you might have to pay more for a premium .tv, there are few things about your posts which confuse me.

Your original post outlined your frustration of getting an invoice for $300, why then did you go and place 4 more domain orders? In all your panic, did you ever try the live support at Registerfly to get a quick answer to your problem? I've used it many times with success, its much quicker than email.

Give them a few days to refund the money if indeed you have cancelled the orders. If after another week you don't see any action, you can request a chargeback through your cc.

With all the changing of rules by .tv, I have no idea why people still mess around registering their domains. My friend paid $1000 for a premium .tv and now they want $5000 for him to renew it. He said "no thanks" as there was no way he was going to pay that.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After my initial post, I found that the credit card had only been charged $37.99. After which I did try the "LIVE SUPPORT" and they told me that ALL .TV domain names were $37.99, but they would not answer any questions relating to billing, or invoices, refering me to an email address, from which I have a very little response as you can see from my earlier posts.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and got burned.

Registerfly has been misleading. I was simply trying to purchase a product at an advertised price. The price that was confirmed by the company's support team.

Lazycash

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How did you get burned? Obviously registerfly needs to work out the details with .tv regarding premium domain sales through resellers, but did you expect to get the domain for far less than anyone else? You were offered the premium price less $50, sounds like a pretty good deal if you really wanted the domain. I just don't understand why if you had such a weird situation with the first domain order, you went back four more times?

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had assumed the original prices were correct, and that the error was on the invoice. I thought that this had been confirmed after talking to their support.

They have returned the original amounts of 5 x US$37.99 but have now charged US$300.00 for recieving exactly NOTHING from them!!!

Does this make sense to anyone???!!!

-------------

Dear Tim Shor,
I did not opt for the 300.00 purchase. I did not authorise you to charge
the credit card 300.00.
You have cancelled my registration of all domain names registered through
you.
I have not received any products or service from you, and do not wish to receive any products or service. You have no right to
charge anything. Two days ago I asked for you to return money to me,
and now I ask you again: Please refund all amounts charged to this card.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 9:50 AM
Subject: RE: RegisterFly.com - Request for information

> .tv requires the 300.00 for the name since they classify it as premium.
> We charged the 300.00 I can either process it and you own a great name
> or cancel the sale/charge . If you opt for the 300.00 purchase I can
> give you a 50.00 credit towards other purchases.
>
>
> Tim Shor
>
> Manager Global Domain Services
> [email protected]
>
> www.UnifiedNames.com

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At least due to the fact that not all .tv names are priced the same. The dot.tv registrar prices names according to "market value". Some names are actually THOUSANDS of dollars a year!

Crazy but true! :D For example:

italy.tv is an available premium name!
$1,500.00 / year

italia.tv is an available premium name!
$5,000.00 / year

This is from the dot.tv official website.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does it make sense for them to take $300 from my credit card when I have not received anything from them? Surely this is commonly known as theft.

play

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get your 300 through Credit Card/Bank charge back.

As I do not believe they'll give your money back on their own.

After you charge back inform them about the charge back and do it over and over if necessary. Tell them not to charge you; since you have nothing from them.

Then take all your other domains and transfer them to another registrar as reward for their services.

Lazycash

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manic
Does it make sense for them to take $300 from my credit card when I have not received anything from them? Surely this is commonly known as theft.

I don't get why the $300 charge happened, I'd just tell Tim that you would like to cancel the transaction as he gave you this option in the reply. You are can continue to argue with them about their misleading price quotes, but I'd just cancel and move on and understand how .tv works. By the way, since all has been cancelled, can you tell us the domains that were charged a premium price. I'm curious as to what domains .tv feels are worth that much.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Registerfly.com have paid Dan (owner of this forum) $$$ for ads and not sent him the banners ! and won't reply to his emails ! LOL

That's very generous of them. Is Dan planning on keeping the money and not running the ads? :D

And they said that advertising on the web is dead ...

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just received an email from Tim Shor say he will talk to their billing department on Monday... No rush, Tim.

You're right, Lazycash... Life is too short.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, guess what?! Registerfly (without even refunding the first amount of $300) just took another $500 from the credit card!

I guess you just have to have a sense of humour about these things. Ha... Ha... Ha...

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
-- oops --

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey, guess what?! Registerfly (without even refunding the first amount of $300) just took another $500 from the credit card!

I guess you just have to have a sense of humour about these things. Ha... Ha... Ha...
Ok, now I'm getting scared. I'm wondering what credit card I used when I regged a name there once. (Shudder)

FearDotCom should take notes... Internet commerce is SCAREY business!

W|Z

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I seems that they must have "undercharged" you for your .tv gem :D

Boy, is it ever going to hurt at renewal time :laugh:

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok... I've waited long enough for a clear answer from Registerfly.

The "trouble-tickets" I've submitted to the Registerfly site have refered me back to Tim Shor, and Tim Shor refuses to give a straight answer as to when they will return my money. - At first he said Monday, but instead of a refund, more money was taken!!!

It's time to bring in the big guns.

Surely, they must realise that their actions are only going to hurt their business?

Who here, who has read these posts, will hand over their credit card details to this company now?

It would be interesting to see the stats regarding the number of registrations they receive through the following weeks.

Perhaps the company's going under? ...and my money's already been used to buy a plane ticket to Majorca?

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update:

Registerfly has charged the card TWICE again!

At least the bank is now aware of what is going on, though I wish they had stopped the last two transactions before they went through.

Tim Shor has not responded to my last two emails requesting the return of the money.

I will now be taking legal action against Registerfly and Tim Shor.

My last email to Tim Shor:
--------------------------
Tim Shor,
You have charged me twice again for no reason whatsoever.
The amount you must now return to me totals [edited - nearly US$1000]. This includes the FX conversion fees, which would not have been charged had you not taken the money in the first place.
You have not taken any action with regards to my request for you return the money, nor to delete the credit card details from your files.
I have given you ample opportunity to settle this, yet you have failed to do so.
If you have not returned the above amount by close of business on Thursday 12th September 2002 legal action will be taken.
--------------------------

********* (I hope users of DNforum find this information useful when deciding which registrar to use.) *********

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just received an email from Tim Shor say he will talk to their billing department on Monday... No rush, Tim.

You're right, Lazycash... Life is too short.

I got charged by registerfly for some .us registrations that failed. Never got a coherent explanation of why they failed.

But Tim Shor did get my charges refunded, though it took a couple of weeks.

I rolled on over to godaddy and got registered without any trouble.

Hopefully Tim will get it squared away. If you send him an e-mail detailing the transaction numbers, dates, and credit charges that might or might not help.

Take care,
BD

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, BD!

I hope so, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom