Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Saturday Musings - Buying A Dress

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140719_dress.jpg

So there I was minding my own business eating my breakfast when a level of tension filled the room that for mere males is terrifying. A conversation had erupted between my wife, Roselyn, and our daughter that revolved around the purchase of her school formal dress.

It was at this point that I thanked my maker that I’m a guy and that I spent about two seconds thinking about what I was going to wear to any formal. The tension between mother and daughter wasn’t about what type of dress but rather where to go to purchase it. That was when I made my fatal mistake.

You would think that after being married for nearly 27 years that I would have learned by now that suggesting anything vaguely sensible in the midst of a discussion between mother and daughter was tantamount to suicide. For some reason I was feeling in a good mood (it could have been the coffee) and I decided to make my suggestion…..not a very smart idea.

Upon uttering the words, two pairs of ideas turned towards me, flames flashed out and incinerated my eminently sensible idea. They didn’t stop there, I was then flayed, drawn and quartered and dressed down with comments such as, “That’s the stupidest ideas you’ve ever had”, “You know nothing (said like the native in the movie Avatar) and “Michael, just butt out”.

Read More

Continue reading...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom